Spring Battlefield 3 Patch Live on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Battlefield 3 Patch Live on PC

The entire spotting system is now a joke. You cant give orders just by clicking Q now. You HAVE to use the commo rose and select to GIVE ORDER and you can only do that if you have a squad mate. You forced to start a squad by yourself, well forever along guy, you get punished for not having any friends yet.

Air is almost BF2 style. What I mean by that is the AA has been destroyed and TV missles are now a one hit kill. As others figure these things out, you all have fun on those vehicle maps and bask in the greatness of BF2 in BF3.

The sound "improvement" is strange. Ive always heard people walking around, now I hear people walking around two blocks over. I kept freaking out thinking someone is right by me only for them to come around the corner. Once I adjust to that, I should be banned frequently for wall hacks.

I like the minimap options and reviving people seem to be a lot better. Still see a lot of Support.

We shall see what tonight brings. Hopefully Jimy or Stevo will be online and we can test those TV missles out
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'm pretty sure i will be on! I've been having some hard times adjusting to the weapons though, can't find a combination that suits me

Comment

But I haven't unlocked TV missiles yet... havent had as much Vehicle action as I would like over the time I have been playing,,, Im not ruthless enough to get them... and im scared I suck...

Though if you mean to test them on us, Ha! jokes on you because I live in Aus and have been brought up to not play on servers with more than 80ms Ping (100 at most)!

Seeing your own ping is a really nice addition though. No need to politely ask iin the middle of a round to be met with a reply of "1337" or "over 9000" anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
          I'm pretty sure i will be on! I've been having some hard times adjusting to the weapons though, can't find a combination that suits me
          Bah, we will figure it out. Its all good.

Originally posted by 5t3v0
          But I haven't unlocked TV missiles yet... havent had as much Vehicle action as I would like over the time I have been playing,,, Im not ruthless enough to get them... and im scared I suck...

Though if you mean to test them on us, Ha! jokes on you because I live in Aus and have been brought up to not play on servers with more than 80ms Ping (100 at most)!

Seeing your own ping is a really nice addition though. No need to politely ask iin the middle of a round to be met with a reply of "1337" or "over 9000" anymore.
          Well the joke is on YOU as I travel the world for my victims. I hunted down IQue in Switzerland (Maybe Sweden. Not sure, couldnt read the languages) for his tags in BC2 It was VERY laggy, but I got them. Besides, Battlefield 3 is designed to handicap those with good ping, so I will be fine.

Dont worry about being bad, its good practice. I have TV missles, you can fly.

See, we got it all figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
            Wait, wut?

Though I dunno, I am divided. There is IMO some good, the G3 and the AN94 are not useless peices of crap anymore. I think the bipod with Assault rifles is a bit quicker, was using it with the G3 to some success.

But yeah, there needs to be more notification of what is being said with the commo rose. Among other things.

I at first noticed a crapload of Support, but after a while even that shrunk down...
            Typo...haha.

What you said about the G3 and AN94 is exactly what I mean. The weapons that were bad before are now on the level of the other rifles. The weapons that were too good before were brought back down to be on the level of the other rifles. Every gun is almost exactly the same now. Except the M16A3, which is still OP compared to the rest.

And I've noticed no changes personally with the attachments. The bipod is still useless IMO, so sorry DICE, I'm still using the foregrip. At least the heavy barrel seems more useful, although it basically cancels out the increased spread that the foregrip was supposed to add, so basically you are getting increased range and reduced recoil with no spread increase.

EDIT: Actually, I may be wrong about that. Foregrip seems to increase deviation more than it decreases recoil, and the heavy barrel has reduces deviation for the first few shots but now has a greater deviation growth after the 4th shot.

Look at these charts: http://i.imgur.com/7OHnO.jpg

The foregrip seems to increase deviation for every weapon and doesn't seem to have a noticeable effect on recoil. I'm going to have to try some weapons out without it and see how it goes. But using the foregrip seems to be a worse choice than choosing nothing for that slot and just running the third attachment. The flash suppressor actually looks useful too.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I dropped the forgrip and went with silencer or flash supressor last night and it worked well.

Comment

Foregrip seems to be for close/medium range now, I also dropped it except on my engi (M4A1, kobra+foregrip+silencer).

Comment

Yeah, it's only for close range now. They added some bonus to it from the hip I believe. And aiming down the sights is detrimental.

Comment

Ah ok.

I was using the Bipod with the G3 for a short while yesterday with some success. I still want to see if it can be a defacto low recoil DMR when I unlock the sniper scope.

Comment

And something I didn't know before, the bipod provides accuracy and recoil bonuses even when not used now. So basically, instead of fixing the balance, they just do the complete opposite.

Comment

Yep, bipod is the new forgrip. The bipod stats were too low on the spreadsheet, so bust the forgrip and make the bipod it and the problem is now solved.

Comment

Many pros and cons to the patch, however the thing that is right at the front, as the most annoying and stupid change

suppression

I liked suppression before, it was ok, not to over the top and could have an effect in the right situation

now, hahaha man words cannot describe how BAD it is

Comment

they could have made a sort of a middle-term, now suppression is just exaggerated, there is no round I do not get a support ribbon and It's not really because I am suppressing . It's a great feature do not misinterpret me, but it requires team coordination even more than the others do

Comment

You can get almost as many points for suppression as you do for killing.

7 kills = 100 points each (700 points) + 200 point ribbon (if killed with the same class of weapon) = 900 points per 7 kills
                              3 suppression = 50 points each (150 points) + 200 point ribbon = 350 points per 3 kills

So over a course of 21 kills or 21 suppression assists, you will get 2700 points for the kills and 2450 for the suppressions. And that's not even including the fact that you are likely to get kill assists with the suppression assists, and that the suppression assists only require you to shoot a single bullet next to a guy as he is being killed.

Have you guys seen this video? It's pretty telling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5s6w

What I've found post patch is that if you spray an entire clip around an enemy, you are going to win the fight. If you somehow don't get the kill, the enemy will be too suppressed to be able to fire back at you accurately, so you can finish him off after reloading. Basically the game is now a battle to see who can spray first.

Comment

According to Battlelog posters the game now has skill, somehow. They claim because its harder to shoot. Before not getting killed was easy, now trying to kill is hard so that means skill.

I see a lot of this on all the maps:

***DESCRIPTION, BATTLE REPORT, AND SONG LIST BELOW***Song list:Carl Orff - O FortunaKalmah - Bitter Metallic SideScooter - NessajaDragonforce - Fury of the S...

Comment

Working...
                                X