Re: Voss vs. Scar

lock your fps at 60fps. record sound.

Comment

When i start to play i type in the console "gamelock.fps 300"

Comment

Originally posted by sempf View Post
        hmm to derail the thread even more, i would like to see a US vs EU fight, like 16 vs 16? would be good to see how we compare, and now who is better than who.
        It was spoken about before a few times, and in my old clan we were challenged by wild$ide but pings are always going to be an issue.

That and play style would have to be raised (unlock limits) - the best Euro's play clanmod, Americans generally play the game vanilla as far as I know.

And 16v16 would be fail :P That'd be more of a conquest game than inf and the best European conquest players are Polish (team wilda, delta ) and German (Wheds, raccoons etc).... nightmare ping situation much?

Should've just got wild$ide to play prior.eS in inf. That would've been.... amusing.

Comment

yeah it was just a thinking, but then we can get a couple of skilled players vs a couple of skilled players, and keep the members of the forums in here too. we could do for example titan matches(which i cant playXD), conquest and 5v5 inf? and in inf we do clanmod rules? and all matches home and away?

Comment

Originally posted by sempf View Post
            yeah it was just a thinking, but then we can get a couple of skilled players vs a couple of skilled players, and keep the members of the forums in here too. we could do for example titan matches(which i cant playXD), conquest and 5v5 inf? and in inf we do clanmod rules? and all matches home and away?
            Still pretty pointless... when the ping difference is potentially that huge (West Coast US player vs Russian being one example) - skill is entirely negated. The home team always has a ridiculous advantage.

Comment

sempf if you have xfire add abs0lutezero and we can set up a 5v5

Comment

Originally posted by Lolyn View Post
                Still pretty pointless... when the ping difference is potentially that huge (West Coast US player vs Russian being one example) - skill is entirely negated. The home team always has a ridiculous advantage.
                well the thing is even with euros against euros or US vs US you still cant make everything totally equal unless its LAN and you have all the same PCs with same specs and then everyone's game is set to the same graphics settings and all of the allowed game tweaks and registry changes are all the same too. theres tons of things that people do to have an advantage that dosesnt consist of superior motor skills, reflexes, clever thinking and/or experience playing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                  yeah single shot on the scar is something you will find useful on open spaces in 8v8 verdun (:

i wish more servers had this map in rotation.
                  verdun 16 player is awesome! we run that one on our 24/7 city map server w/ I/O. otherwise the grenadier from the apc just spams everything :/
                  and i prefer the scar over the voss. if i'm eu, depending on the situation, i'll take the scar or the baur, but never the voss. i've only used it once in the last several months. if i'm pac, it's the kry-love all the way

lock your fps at 60fps. record sound.
                  when you do this, do you actually get anywhere near 60 fps? all i seem to get is 20 or so, which i can best describe as a fast slide show

Comment

yeah most of the time it will stay at 60fps. sometimes it will drop down to 45-50 temporarily but then come back up. it is usually pretty smooth. it seems though once you accumulate around 70-100GB of video files it will start to drop more and go up and down more often, thats when you stop recording.

and your saying that with the computer you have you cant actually record at 60fps with fraps?? post your system specs please.

Comment

you said you had a 8800GT and didnt you have a 10,000rpm raptor hard drive? or did that one crash or something? what was your cpu?

Comment

yeah most of the time it will stay at 60fps. sometimes it will drop down to 45-50 temporarily but then come back up. it is usually pretty smooth..
                        and your saying that with the computer you have you cant actually record at 60fps with fraps?? post your system specs please.
                        45-50 wouldn't be so bad. i had a raptor, but it failed & i'm back to a sata drive. my specs are pretty damn good (for this game), but something just isn't quite right. several months ago i got a little recording in & it was mostly playable at around 40-45 fps. the replay was even smoother. for months now, it's nothing like that. i want to make a vid damn it!

c2d e6600 2.4 ghz
                        8 gb ddr2 800mhz
                        8800 gt oc 512 x 2 (sli)
                        msi p6n mobo
                        i got 3 hd, but the primary is a seagate 300 gb sata 2
                        sound is onboard xfi, which bf2142 doesn't acknowledge

and as far as a EU v PAC battle. my best suggestion would be to take a west coast US clan against a European clan & borrow an east coast clan's server. i've played w/ some euros before like that & we had identical pings of70 ms...just a suggestion.

Comment

get a faster cpu preferably a quad core if your going to do alot of video. Q9450 would work pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                          X