X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is 2142 your favorite FPS ever?

Originally posted by Field View Post
    what like another few years?

anyways i think i was going to reinstall my operating system because my fraps has stopped working and i have no idea why i've tried alot of stuff i wasnt sure how possible it actually was to overheat 1 of the cores on a c2d cpu or something wierd like that while doing a bunch of intenstive video stuff, that and its always nice to have the peace of mind that your computer is running as clean as possible.
    Well I was planning on it sometime later this year, but not quite this early. I guess I could just spring for the card now and get the CPU, mobo, and RAM later on. PCI-e 2.0 cards will work in 1.0/1.1 slots, yes? I'm kind of looking at a gtx 280...pricey but with these kinds of things I've learned it's better to go all out than go half-arsed and get stuff that's already old hat.

As for reformatting, it's been a while since I've done that myself, although I know that won't solve the problem with my comp. I guess I'm lucky that I've had no problems with my CPU thus far. Hopefully you can get your rig worked out.

Comment

Re: is 2142 your favorite FPS ever?

Haven't posted in this forum in a loonnngggg time, thought I'd chime in due to the title of the thread.

I too have been playing FPS for a long time, even modded some items/maps for Doom I when it came out. I played BF 2142 from the beginning, and ran a server for the first year.

The highlight of the game is definitely the squad play. I enjoyed the fact that the game stressed squad play, and offered numerous incentives for it.

That being said, I had numerous dislikes. The cone of fire, 100 story buildings you couldn't enter (might as well have made them trees or hills), n00bed-out flying mechanics, etc. The game always felt like a mod, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

As far as the BF series goes, here's where I rank 2142 amongst the vanilla, mods, and expansion packs that I've played;

1) Desert Combat mod for BF 1942 (probably my favorite FPS all-time)
      2) BF 1942 Vanilla
      3) BF2: Special Forces
      4) BF2 Vanilla
      5) Forgotten Hope I mod for BF 1942
      6) BF 1942: Road to Rome (very underrated)
      7) Project Reality mod for BF2
      8) BF 2142

I never got into BF:V or the expansion packs for BF2.

Comment

Working...
      X