is 2142 your favorite FPS ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is 2142 your favorite FPS ever?

i Like it, but i cannot judge it as favorite because i havent playt many other games. But i like 2142 allot so..

Comment

So far i would say yes it is the best

Comment

I've never come back to a game so many times as BF2142. Its like cheap wine....

Comment

I do have to say, I'm really loving CoD5... but something is missing from it. It's like CoD4 to me, I can really only stand 2-3 rounds before I get really bored with it. BF2142 on the other hand, I don't usually get bored with (lots of my friends do easily) yet I somehow keep interest.

Comment

Originally posted by ZinZ View Post
            I do have to say, I'm really loving CoD5... but something is missing from it. It's like CoD4 to me, I can really only stand 2-3 rounds before I get really bored with it.
            That's the way CoD4 has always been for me. I can play a few rounds and enjoy it, but soon it just gets annoying to play.

Comment

Same but for me its one round and ive had enough, and thats even pushing it.

Comment

Yes it is for me. It even beats out TF2

Comment

i really like this game for different reasons but honestly there are quite a few things that piss me off about it.

1. pk rockets. like wtf are pk rockets. competition play and pk rockets go hand in hand. (in the us). pretty stupid.

2. the soldiers you control are kind of wierd. they have world class olympic sprinter running speed, they can do all kinds of acrobatics like jumping 6ft into the air with thier gear and stuff and then diving over walls and boxes, crouching up and down like they are totally jacked superhuman freaks and they can even teleport into vehicles but then for some reason they are all very slow at pulling thier sidearm out of thier holster and actually popping off any shots at somone. switching weapons and firing takes at least 2 seconds. what is this crap.

3. this game is just glitchy glitchy glitchy. you fire blanks at people if they are moving in certain ways or directions, you fire blanks at people that crouch spam. your computer needs to be way too good to flawlessly run this game. sometimes you try and jump from 1 platform to another and you just get sucked right down to the ground. oh oops.

scope glitches and view glitches. I try and do something really fast like blasting one guy and very quickly moving my sights to someone else and the game just cant handle it, and my scope starts wobbling around and then i reload my gun again even though it has a full clip and i get killed by a voss LAR because my view is wobbling and i cant move and im double reloading.

none of this crap happens in cod4.

Comment

Well you really need to just sit back and realize all the fun this game has given us. Its a game though Field, so its going to have its issues, just like any game. But the level of squad play and control that players can take on makes this a tough game to beat in my eyes.

I dont know about you but i get blasted by RDX APM and Shotguns more then PK's, all of which are one hitter quitters...I am not going to even get into what you said about the players movement because its a damn game and they made it to be easily controlled by the player. If you wanna play a game where you have to run up to a vehicle, unlock it, get in, buckle your seatbelt, and turn the key, then by all means do so...My scopes only mess up if im laggin in game, other then that i think they did a great job. Its easy to point out all the mistakes, but you really need to pat EA on the back for giving this game to us

And dont forget field, no one is stopping you from playing COD4 lol...

Comment

yeah what you say is all fine and dandy and yes this is a wonderful game and your all optimism and stuff but its really all about your mood. how would you react to my above post if you actually started having a bunch of this stuff happen to you? and cause your kd performance to drop lower than what you beleive you could do? and people say damn zero your kind of sucking what happened? what would you think about the little quirks in the just game?

uhh and also i really shouldnt mention but its hard not to.....that you saying you get blasted by rdx apms and shotguns more than pks is pretty comical. i was like "whuuuut? whut?"

Comment

Some people take their games way too seriously.

Originally posted by Field View Post
                        1. pk rockets. like wtf are pk rockets. competition play and pk rockets go hand in hand. (in the us). pretty stupid.
                        agreed

2. the soldiers you control are kind of wierd. they have world class olympic sprinter running speed, they can do all kinds of acrobatics like jumping 6ft into the air with thier gear and stuff and then diving over walls and boxes, crouching up and down like they are totally jacked superhuman freaks and they can even teleport into vehicles but then for some reason they are all very slow at pulling thier sidearm out of thier holster and actually popping off any shots at somone. switching weapons and firing takes at least 2 seconds. what is this crap.
                        Don't forget, they also can't step over objects that are 6" high.

3. this game is just glitchy glitchy glitchy. you fire blanks at people if they are moving in certain ways or directions, you fire blanks at people that crouch spam. your computer needs to be way too good to flawlessly run this game. sometimes you try and jump from 1 platform to another and you just get sucked right down to the ground. oh oops.
                        like this? (warning: bad language)[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjUz8IT0CYg[/media]

Comment

yeah what you say is all fine and dandy and yes this is a wonderful game and your all optimism and stuff but its really all about your mood. how would you react to my above post if you actually started having a bunch of this stuff happen to you? and cause your kd performance to drop lower than what you beleive you could do? and people say damn zero your kind of sucking what happened? what would you think about the little quirks in the just game?

uhh and also i really shouldnt mention but its hard not to.....that you saying you get blasted by rdx apms and shotguns more than pks is pretty comical. i was like "whuuuut? whut?"
                          there are plenty of threads for complaining. this thread is for people who love the game.

also i've spent 1800 hours playing, which is like every minute during a whole year at a full time job, and i've never seen any of the bugs you described, not even once. so it's not the game, it's your PC. as far as complaining about being able to control your soldier... it's a video game. are you suggesting they should make it so that you can't run, can't jump, cant get in vehicles easily? that wouldn't be very fun. and PK rockets are a weapon, designed to kill. if you think they are overpowered then use them yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder View Post
                            Don't forget, they also can't step over objects that are 6" high.
                            messfeeder wins the topic for posting an AVGN video. :thumbsup:

And yes, getting stopped when trying to run over the train tracks at Gib is always fun, especially when you're trying to flee from a walker or a bunch of Vossesses.

Originally posted by joe2
                            also i've spent 1800 hours playing, which is like every minute during a whole year at a full time job, and i've never seen any of the bugs you described, not even once.
                            You've never had a double-reload glitch? Scope lag? Gotten stuck and 'sucked' back down when trying to jump over an obstacle? Never blasted half a clip at a guy at close range and have him walk away? Not once in 1800 hours? You're either lying or you're the luckiest SOB to ever play the game. This **** has been happening to me since BF2 (although I never had a problem jumping onto stuff in BF2, that's a new one in 2142). I used to get scope lags and double-reloads in that game from time to time. Really annoying when it happened to the AT missiles since they took an agonisingly long time to reload, so when you've finally shouldered your missile and you're expecting to be able to fire only to have your soldier drop the missile and re-reload it it can become quite annoying.

Originally posted by joe2
                            as far as complaining about being able to control your soldier... it's a video game. are you suggesting they should make it so that you can't run, can't jump, cant get in vehicles easily? that wouldn't be very fun.
                            He said those things to show the irony that your soldier has all this amazing talent to be able to jump, prone in mid-air, instantly enter vehicles, yet takes an eternity (seemingly) to draw his pistol, something that most normal people could do in half the time it takes your BF2142 soldier. I remember how quickly you could draw and fire your sidearm in BF:V, and due to that it became quite a useful asset to have. I almost never see people using the pistols in this game because it's almost more time-efficient to just bunnyhop and wait until your main weapon is reloaded than switching to your pistol.

Comment

I have a lot of lag problems in game, and ALL THE TIME i unload a clip into someone and they dont die...and it has really hurt my K/D, but it is what it is, and its still a kick *** game...however people dont say "you suck zero" lol...i usually hold my own...if you play smart you wont get owned by PK's as much. If you always expect them around a corner then you can get away...sometimes not...im getting FIOS tomorrow so my lag problem should be non existent :thumbsup::yay::thumbsup:

Comment

I'm so jealous. Seems like every neighborhood in town has fios except mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X