This ain't battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This ain't battlefield

It's not a bad game, it's actually pretty cool but it's too slow for my taste... and the 3rd person really kills it.

I love the level design and art direction though.

Comment

They really have spent alot of time and money on this game, it was supposed to be out in june of last year, i have a tough time seeing how these "micropayments" are going to make up for the lost funds this embarrassment of a game has incurred. I had a look at a gameplay video on youtube and was offended by what was in this game, third person, cartoon sounds, cartoon characters. Who exactly is this game catered too? People who play solitaire? Or the 7 year old console crowd? Nobody who's that casual of a gamer play's shooters in the first place let alone has a computer that's even close to be able to run them on low settings, but then again this game will be able to cater to the .00000000000000024% of casual gamers that do in fact know what the battlefield series is, and play shooters. Good luck dice, your seriously gonna need it.

Comment

It's not just the micropayments. They intend to have ads all over the place, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
          It's not just the micropayments. They intend to have ads all over the place, too.
          Only on the website and the menus, not ingame.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
            Only on the website and the menus, not ingame.
            Considering how much time is spent looking at a loading screen, the ads will be very visible. Rounds don't take long at all.

Comment

Not really, maps take less time to load since these are cartoony, 16 player maps. How will a ad on a loading screen detract from your game experience?

Comment

Not really, maps take less time to load since these are cartoony, 16 player maps. How will a ad on a loading screen detract from your game experience?
                Exactly, it won't be loading high definition textures.

Comment

I never said the loading screen or even ads would detract from anyone's experience. I was just saying that micropayments aren't the only source of revenue for this game. Then someone said they won't be in game, and I know that. But the rounds in Heroes can be really short, so you tend to see loading screens a lot. Even if you only see the loading screen for 30 seconds out of every 10 minutes, the company paying for the ad is paying for that time.

Comment

^True. I thought that you felt a bit dismayed about the ads from the way I read it.

I don't mind the ads, but will EA put the income to good use? So far we have seen no extra content due to the in-game ads in 2142. Highway Tampa was sponsored by Intel for both 2 and 2142, and Shingle/Wake were community maps.

Comment

• Re: This ain't battlefield

^True. I thought that you felt a bit dismayed about the ads from the way I read it.

I don't mind the ads, but will EA put the income to good use? So far we have seen no extra content due to the in-game ads in 2142. Highway Tampa was sponsored by Intel for both 2 and 2142, and Shingle/Wake were community maps.

The only thing those adds are good for is a laugh. Its 2142 and were still on Core 2 Duo?!?!?! WTF.

Comment

I think that for a free game Heroes gives us a lot. I was a sceptic but I can't stop playing it. My girlfriend is gonna throw me out if I don't stop waking her up with my laughter at this game.

Comment

[14yoexcitement]I JUST GOT MY BETA KEY!!!!!!11!!1 [/14yoexcitement] Im waiting for it to install now

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                            [14yoexcitement]I JUST GOT MY BETA KEY!!!!!!11!!1 [/14yoexcitement] Im waiting for it to install now
                            I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are currently only servers in the US and Europe. There aren't any in Australia or the Pacific. Alex posted a picture of where the servers are not too long ago, and I'm looking at the spot on the Heroes site right now.

Comment

Working...
                            X