This ain't battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ain't battlefield

I dunno, but bf2 was a great game. The best in the series.
    What people, like me, loved in the series was the feeling that you participate in a real war. You had that in BFV and 1942.

Then they brought us 2142, and it was kinda lame, fighting like some starwars stormtroopers.

Then I thought they would bring out a real BF3 but no, they bring out THAT:
    bad graphics, unrealistic, some pseudo humor, 3rd person etc.

I mean, people, come on! Can't you see that this is not Battlefield as we know and love it?

I am very dissappointed, though I still hope that they will announce a real sequel soon.

Originally posted by CaptKot View Post
    What people, like me, loved in the series was the feeling that you participate in a real war. You had that in BFV and 1942.

Then they brought us 2142, and it was kinda lame, fighting like some starwars stormtroopers.

I mean, people, come on! Can't you see that this is not Battlefield as we know and love it?

I am very dissappointed, though I still hope that they will announce a real sequel soon.
    DICE stated clearly that this is NOT, "Battlefield 3". We should expect that in the future. Don't rush them to release any time soon, as they might get it right this time :yay:

Comment

Shut up.

This won't be any type of sequel for the battlefield games... BFBC/BF3 is the future, not BFH! It's just a little game that focuses on fun for the more casual gamer...

Chill out

Comment

Comment

actually BF2 for me was the worst of the series, 1942 continues to be the best in many many ways, BFV had many things to be very good but the engine killed the game, and 2142 for me is alot more fun then BF2.

the content of 1942 alone throws BF2 away into oblivion.

Comment

Like Alex said, this is not BF3. This is a game just to have fun on. Plus it's FREE.

Comment

Thats the biggest thing. When you don't pay for a game, you can't really expect anything can you?

Comment

simplest formula ever...

like = play
                dont like = dont play

Comment

they wanted a cartoon feel to the game its aimed at FUN! not all realistic, they made the cartoon graphics on purpose

Comment

You can't speak for everyone, and don't even try to!

I for one, play BF2142 a lot, it's a great addicting game, it's not stormtrooperish, you fight with guns that shoot like they do nowdays. And the only new thing is floating carriers and walking tanks.

As for Battlefield Heroes. I think it's a good game, you'll feel like you're on the battlefield shooting Bugs Bunny, or Elmer Phud . No but I think it'll turn out good. And addictive. Just like evey BF game in the series.

And just so you know there's probably at least 100,000 people who play BF2142, or more. So don't think that you speak for them too right?

Comment

Oh my god, something new...we just want to get the same thing with new graphics for every upcoming part of the series...you don't like it, wait for the real Battlefield 3 and leave this one left by.

Comment

Hopefully this is a back to basics exercise by Dice, and hopefully from this we will be able get back to the fundamentals of game design, good concept, well executed and released when it's ready not when the screaming children demand it.

Please

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
                          actually BF2 for me was the worst of the series, 1942 continues to be the best in many many ways, BFV had many things to be very good but the engine killed the game, and 2142 for me is alot more fun then BF2.

the content of 1942 alone throws BF2 away into oblivion.
                          You have a point. The El Alamein map has still to be bettered in any FPS, imo.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if the more and more realistic looking games are killing new gamers ability to use their imagination and focus on the gameplay instead of the looks.

I saw this symptom already when the first BF2142 info was leaked and people started complaining about laser guns and starwars, and still refuse to play the game today just because it has a sci-fi setting, despite the fact that the game handles very much like BF2 and has improved squad mechanics.
                            99% of the weapons would need nothing more than a reskin to be usable in a BF2 setting.

And now we see the same with BF:H which we still know very little about, but based on the looks alone people like CaptKot has already decide that it can not possible have a battlefield like gameplay

The next generation will consider the visuals of you favourite game laughable unrealistic and cartoony, does that mean that it wasn't fun?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                              Sometimes I wonder if the more and more realistic looking games are killing new gamers ability to use their imagination and focus on the gameplay instead of the looks.
                              that is so true, i used to dis agree with that but gameplay is the main factor not just graphics.

Comment

Working...
                              X