Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This ain't battlefield

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
    actually BF2 for me was the worst of the series, 1942 continues to be the best in many many ways, BFV had many things to be very good but the engine killed the game, and 2142 for me is alot more fun then BF2.

the content of 1942 alone throws BF2 away into oblivion.
    Except 1942 doesn't look good today, the levels are too empty and dull compared to today's visuals.

Comment

meh, visuals arent everything, i'd be fine with its visuals, the gameplay of infantry and the outdated netcode are what bug me these days.

Comment

Originally posted by theminx View Post
        yes yes no rushing because we dont want bf3 to turn out like the frontlines failure
        front lines could have been so great...what a shame..absolute fail
        frontlines was not a fail, its a excellent game, great visuals and very fun gameplay.

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
        meh, visuals arent everything, i'd be fine with its visuals, the gameplay of infantry and the outdated netcode are what bug me these days.
        not just the visuals that are bad, the hud is horrid and the text on in game screens do not display well at higher resolutions. It's just too outdated to be played, I just bought it too complete my bf collection

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2 View Post
          frontlines was not a fail, its a excellent game, great visuals and very fun gameplay.
          Frontline was not a fail on graphics, gameplay, ideas of vehicles and remotes, but the game was not ready for release and it died a horrible death and used as an example to others. Yes, some played it or may still be playing it, but within three months everything to make the community grow died.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by RanCorX2 View Post
            Let's let the people decide:

BF2142: 1147 servers, 2866 players
            FFOW: 14 servers, 48 players

Multiplayer has always been these types of games' strong point.. How was FFoW's SP? at least it had a campaign.

Comment

granted people were scared off by the bugs, but I still like it and play, but yea I play BF2 more.

Comment

i agree this really ain't BF. i tried it out for 10 minutes, then quit. and i have no desire to play the game again. granted i should give it more time, but i just can't stand this game. not so much the cartoony graphics, but all these little decorating and buying things for your character and pts. system, it's just like dress up dolls which i detest in my games. i suppose little girls would like this game more than me.

Comment

Well the hardcore BF player isn't exactly the target audience lol, it's dumbed down just to introduce people to the franchise I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                    i agree this really ain't BF. i tried it out for 10 minutes, then quit. and i have no desire to play the game again. granted i should give it more time, but i just can't stand this game. not so much the cartoony graphics, but all these little decorating and buying things for your character and pts. system, it's just like dress up dolls which i detest in my games.

This.

Comment

I second that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                        they might get it right this time :yay:
                        you're joking... right...

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                          Frontline was not a fail on graphics, gameplay, ideas of vehicles and remotes, but the game was not ready for release and it died a horrible death and used as an example to others. Yes, some played it or may still be playing it, but within three months everything to make the community grow died.

Crunch
                          Speaking of FFOW, I can see its now available for €9.99 on steam, and even less in some stores.
                          As far as I remember, what made me turn it down was a horrendous net coding that made it impossible to hit anything when there was the slightest lag.
                          Did they ever manage to fix that?
                          Or does the game at least have an interesting SP mode?.

Comment

I just played BFH Beta, it's a joke right?

Comment

Originally posted by [202K]1|Cool.Pieman'
                              Man, i wish!

Comment

Originally posted by [202K]1|Cool.Pieman'
                                I think it's pretty funny. The punchline is: for it to make any profit at this point, it has to be the most popular Battlefield game in the history of the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X