Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazzthompson View Post
    its not solely based on true realism, the bf2 engine restricts that ALOT
    I dont speak for the PR people, but here's my 2 cents, gotta have balance, i think they try to do as much "realism" as possible, but are limited cause it is a game & it is us sitting lookin thru a screen with no periffreal vision and to keep bordem down ya gotta have respawns. if ya want no respawns then AA is ur game.
    but if they got things as in real life it would take weeks or maybe months to plan a good battle & get all troops in position & ready.

so why poke at them about "this aint realism" that aint realism" sh@t they do the best they can.

why not if ya dont like it, say so & go find another game, thats what i do when i try out a mod.:nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialz
      My point is not the fact that I want to fly.
      My point is that 75% of the time, somebody uses a vehicle in a NON-REALISM way, when I, or another teammate, could be using it in a way that emphasizes the qualities Project Reality aims for!
      what do u want the modders to do about it ? like i said, they can mod a game, but not the players. how do people know you are going to use it properly ? they might be thinking the same as you.

I've also heard enough about the engine (I'm a modder myself). You obviously can't come up with a true argument to my points, so stop posting things that sidetrack away from the original topic. I understand that they can't achieve true realism, but it seems like they are trying to.
      i have answered every one of your points. and it seems like they are aiming for realism? where ever did u get that idea from...... (hint: project reality)

Comment

Originally posted by gazzthompson View Post
        i have answered every one of your points. and it seems like they are aiming for realism? where ever did u get that idea from...... (hint: project reality)
        Hah, funny.. read the thread title.

You just said they are aiming for realism, and I discussed the difference between realism, reality and gameplay. You then finished it off by pointing out the mod title.

/win

*And to JustMe, if that type of response was given to every critic, this world would be nowhere. They go for the best, yes, but if people have opinions - like mine - they should at least hear them.

Comment

all that i got from this thread was a whine about you not being able to snipe and fly all the time. i then answered all your points. and PR is aiming for realism, and you said about that not making good gameplay, well it might not to you but it dose to others...

dont like the mod? dont play.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialz View Post

*And to JustMe, if that type of response was given to every critic, this world would be nowhere. They go for the best, yes, but if people have opinions - like mine - they should at least hear them.
            was more of a bashing instead of u commenting dude, if u read up i said "say u dont like it"......

i really didnt mean to sound like a azz i just plain sometimes. :nod:

Comment

Okay WTF is the problem here exactly? I played a couple rounds on PR today and i loved it. I was a SL in a squad where 2 ppl had VOIP, i was driving a Scimitar with a friend of mine and since ppl didnt have VOIP i kinda didnt bother with setting up a rally. When i dies 15 min later, i got the Officer kit, set a move marker and told ppl to move there for a rally, note that the whole squad was spread out as hell and everyone was doing their own little thing. In 5 minutes we managed to regroup and make a rally. After that the WHOLE SQUAD was folowing me. It took 5 min to go from a completely unorganized squad, to a squad where everyone were folowing orders. In a public server. The no SL spawn didnt bother me at all actually since you can set up a rally and use it to regroup on. While we were running we were setting up a new rally for every 100 or so meters so we didnt have to walk to far. We managed to stay organized for over 40 minutes and we lost our rally 3-4 times. All you have to do is keep 2 SM's alive. When someone died and we didnt have a rally i asked him not to spawn and set up a quick rally so he could spawn. After 40 or so min, we lost our rally and the whole squad got killed.

We respawned at the main, i took a jeep (only room for 3 ppl) and drove off with 2 of my SM's to a place to set up a rally, after making a rally i told them to start walking towards a map grid so we could set up a new rally. I picked up the rest of my squad waiting for me at the main, drove them back to the new rally spot, set up the rally and VOILA, in 5 min we managed to regroup and set up a new rally pretty close to the enemy base we were going to attack.

This was on Fools Road wich is a pretty big map, with a squad of 5-6 ppl where only 2-3(including myself) had VOIP

Also, PR is a FREE MOD. You didnt pay for it, no one is forcing you to play it. If you like any other mods or even vanilla better then leave PR. PR was never intended for the masses, DEV's didnt try to make a mod wich would be fun to all and really popular. They made a mod they would like to play themselves and are sharing it with everybody elce. If you dont like it, you dont have to play it. Simple as that

Comment

Waaah, thats an epic story.

Liker du deg her?

Comment

Originally posted by John McClane
                  Waaah, thats an epic story.

Liker du deg her?
                  Javisst

Comment

Jeg prater ikke Norsk. Jeg er ei fitte i et tau, Polka er min mester. Jeg suger han. lolol

Comment

Det er sant.
                      lol

Comment

Hahahaha Nice one A tip to you my friend: Dont ask Polka to translate ANYTHING for you...

Comment

Sush! Dont tell him lol

Comment

Working...
                          X