• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wish they made a jet training map for Singleplayer,

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Sike3000
      i wish they made a jet training map for Singleplayer,
      there are a few community made ones. if not make a local server. thats what i do to train for helis.

and Aerialz the spawn time is to highlight the fact that planes and other assets are valuable to the team and not to waste them. and seems you are wating alot and getting shot down or crashing alot.

i dont fly planes or blackhawks, you know why ? i crash. so i dont waste the teams assets. yea some guy will spawn and think hey, thats a expensive taxi, but hopefully it will go to a dedicated squad and some 1 whos good at flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
        What gives you the rite to have a plane/gun over any other player? for all you know they may be in a ts with other players using teamwork. I dislike how people constantly complain about 'noobs' taking the chopper or getting the sniper kit first, its as fair as it gets.
        Then quick! Let's assign the sniper kit to whoever has the highest score so far in the round. Or the highest rank.

For all you know, he's planning to be a smacktard and just slaughter your own team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty
          What gives you the rite to have a plane/gun over any other player? for all you know they may be in a ts with other players using teamwork. I dislike how people constantly complain about 'noobs' taking the chopper or getting the sniper kit first, its as fair as it gets.
          Did I ever call them a noob? I posted my thread in a very non-hateful fashion, and I continue to get ignorant, and generic responses that could be posted without even reading my thread like yours.

I know that they are useless, because, look:

Another player was laser targeting the runway...

*Also, note the decrease in graphics from the first pic to the second. I was running high in the first pic (which I do in vanilla) where I'm used to getting a solid 60 fps, but the lag was unbearable in PR, so I had to lower my graphics.

Anymore remarks?

Comment

Originally posted by gazzthompson View Post
            i dont fly planes or blackhawks, you know why ? i crash
            Yeah same...lol Either lag or connection problems, which i never get unless im flying something

Comment

Originally posted by Polka View Post
              Yeah same...lol Either lag or connection problems, which i never get unless im flying something
              Sadly, some people don't offer the same curtosy. View my pics above, both occured within 5 minutes of eachother.

Comment

After a week or two, all the noobs will either leave or continue to play and get better.

Comment

^^Will probably take a little longer

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialz View Post
                    *Also, note the decrease in graphics from the first pic to the second. I was running high in the first pic (which I do in vanilla) where I'm used to getting a solid 60 fps, but the lag was unbearable in PR, so I had to lower my graphics.

Anymore remarks?
                    PR is alot more of a stress on the system than bf2, because of the bigger maps and bigger view distance to name some reason.

also, yes, some "noobs" or what ever you want to call them see a Apache or heli and thing :yay: ill fly that without knowing whats going on, but how do u suppose they fix it? offer every 1 the chance to be pilot ?? 32 helis ? how?

give it time, at the start of a new release alot of newer players come who dont know whats going on, they will learn or leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumintiger
                      Then quick! Let's assign the sniper kit to whoever has the highest score so far in the round. Or the highest rank.

For all you know, he's planning to be a smacktard and just slaughter your own team.
                      Where did i ever say anything about socre/rank coming into this?

Well if i join a server and find a helo and there is already somone going for it with a pilot kit, i will give him the benefit of the doubt and let him fly, as you put it for all i know he could just fly around and tk, but hell im not going to be some ******* that just tk's him on the spot for the chopper or any of that. Fiar enuff if he cant fly, and makes stupid mistakes i will give him an earfull, but i still like to give people the benefit of the doubt first before i start saying im the best pilot/sniper w/e.

Comment

Originally posted by gazzthompson
                        PR is alot more of a stress on the system than bf2, because of the bigger maps and bigger view distance to name some reason.

also, yes, some "noobs" or what ever you want to call them see a Apache or heli and thing :yay: ill fly that without knowing whats going on, but how do u suppose they fix it? offer every 1 the chance to be pilot ?? 32 helis ? how?

give it time, at the start of a new release alot of newer players come who dont know whats going on, they will learn or leave.
                        I was arguing against one of your points, not pursuing my main point, which you and Tasty have managed to stray away from.

Make the game more realistic, and not solely based on true realism.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialz View Post
                          Make the game more realistic, and not solely based on true realism.
                          its not solely based on true realism, the bf2 engine restricts that ALOT

Comment

Originally posted by Polka View Post
                            Actually you never fly, cus your usually in my helicopter or jet.

Look mate, as far as Project Reality is concerned, its not based around jets like say Wake Island is. The emphasis of the modification is on realistic infantry combat, not flying around bombing people. I know you're probally really into flying and doing loop the loop, but its not the mod for you.

The Developers put Jets in because people do like to fly them, and they are a part of the war in general, but, the mod in my opinion focuses on Teamwork within Infantry combat, whether its a squad or someone driving a transport of people.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but thats how i percieve the mod, and i play the mod for that awesome infantry combat where everyone aids each other.

You wanna fly around all day? go play on a TV2 Wake Server.

The spawn times, are a little harsh but they're not client specific, meaning its up to the server to change them, at least i'm pretty sure thats the case.

People whine about realism. They want games to feel real, with real graphics and real warfare but you get people moaning, about getting killed with a few bullets. Make your mind up, because there are no respawns in RL.

Comment

^^I dont think Pola is a jet whore, or is whining about too much realism... AFAIK, hes a BSS tester

Comment

My point is not the fact that I want to fly.

My point is that 75% of the time, somebody uses a vehicle in a NON-REALISM way, when I, or another teammate, could be using it in a way that emphasizes the qualities Project Reality aims for!

Originally posted by gazzthompson View Post
                                its not solely based on true realism, the bf2 engine restricts that ALOT
                                I've also heard enough about the engine (I'm a modder myself). You obviously can't come up with a true argument to my points, so stop posting things that sidetrack away from the original topic. I understand that they can't achieve true realism, but it seems like they are trying to.

Comment

Working...
                                X