MSI GeForce FX5700-VT2DR256

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI GeForce FX5700-VT2DR256

I have an MSI GeForce FX5700-VT2DR256 and run into problems when turning on anti-aliasing - not just in bf2, but far cry as well.. Is this common? I can completely max out every other option with smooth gameplay. I also have an AMD dual core +4600, Asus M2N-32E SLI deluxe M-board, 320gb Sata HD and 2 gig RAM if that helps?

Re: MSI GeForce FX5700-VT2DR256

there is no way in hell you can max out with a 5700 unless I'm getting confused between the FX series and the regular series?

Comment

What MOBO supports AM2 and AGP graphics?
      Its not your Asus M2N-32E SLI deluxe this post makes no sence.

Comment

Yea.. My BIG BAD.. I posted that from work, forgetting which card was on which machine. OK, the card in question is an NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT....
        http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7600.html ..

Comment

try reinstalling your drivers

Comment

What resolution are you trying to run at? That's an entirely decent card, but (for example) 1600x1200 w/AA and medium-ish eyecandy will still probably push it under comfy framerates.

Comment

That card will be good up to around 1280x1024. Don't bother going any higher unless you turn off anti-aliasing.

Comment

Re: anti-aliasing

Originally posted by malikah View Post
                I can completely max out every other option with smooth gameplay.
                having a read back through your post, i'd reiterate that you're going to have to make some trade-offs for good framerates, especially at higher res. AA is a global graphics effect, meaning--unlike shadows, "smoke" particles, dynamic lighting, etc--it will increase the workload your gpu is doing ALL THE TIME.

Try turning down the "dynamic" duo in your settings and lowering lighting effects and shadows, and see if you like the AA effect more than you liked having the lights/shadows on "completely maxed the out". It's a good card for bf2, but it's not going to let you do <i>everything</i>.

Comment

i can almost max out with my rig in bf2.

turning shadows to medium and dynamic lighting to low keeps the game good looking but helps FPS/lag wise

it could also be (as stated above) an issue with drivers. make sure ur drivers are somewhat up to date.

Comment

You should not need to use AA anything past a res of 1280x1024.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                      That card will be good up to around 1280x1024. Don't bother going any higher unless you turn off anti-aliasing.
                      I agree. I have a 7600gt, and i could play all high at 1280x1040 with 2x aa, but when I got my new monitor, which the native resolution is 1680x1050, I had to turn aa off, and dynamic shadows + light to medium. But, it still looks good without aa at the higher resolutions.

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic View Post
                        You should not need to use AA anything past a res of 1280x1024.
                        My eyes water with anything less than 2xAA at any resolution :shock:

I used to play Team Fortress @ 15fps :salute:, 320x240, GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST, etc...

Comment

Well I'm back at work now so I couldn't tell ya what resolution I'm using (it's been a while since install). But I have this monitor: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1856856,00.asp .. If you didn't click the link, It's a Samsung 24" 1920x1200 and I use the highest available setting that BF2 is capable of pulling on that monitor. I'll try out what megawhompertoo advised and try n post some feedback. Cheers.

Comment

good luck

Comment

u def cannot pull full res on 24" monitor w/2xaa + "all high" on 7600gt.

no use trying, even on 10 beers. adjust downwards, or pick a setting u like.

Comment

Working...
                              X