This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Help

OK, so, the computer I have right now is just a HP laptop. It doesn't play any games. But, I've played BF2 at my friends house and I LOVED it. I was thinking of getting a HP desktop,but I don't know sh*t about comps. So, I have about a $1200 budget and need some good stuff. I want to play BF2 without lagg, and good graphics. So if any of you out there could help me, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.:salute:

Anybody there?

Re: Computer Help

You want a HP desktop because they come ready made.

If on the other hand you're looking to build a super computer you need to take this to the tech centre above this section and ask there for them to build you a new PC

Comment

a good pc that costs about $1000 would be

Amd Athlon Dual Core 6000 with 3.0Ghz run speed
      2 or 4GB of DDR2 Ram (windows xp is a 32 bit system and only supports up to 3.5GB of ram.)
      250GB Sata harddrive.

just search on ebay for gameing pc, and you will find something you can afford, me, i can't afford any of them lol, so im saving up.

Comment

I don't understand what your saying. I need some help from someone who knows computers. But thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

Do you have Xfire or MSN or anything?

It will be easier to talk about what you need.

Comment

Sorry, that last message was meant for Oli. Ya thanks for that, but I dont even know what brand to look for. DELL, HP, I don't know.

Ya I got AIM.

My aim is anorexicsk8er

Comment

Ill PM you then.

Comment

can you try again please?

or, what is your AIM?

Comment

I think your best bet is building your own computer, but it will take some skill. Not much, but some. If I was to build a new computer I would go to new egg and get something like this:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.6GHz Socket AM2 Processor - Retail $129

DFI INFINITY NF ULTRAII-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $72

OCZ Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ4002048PFDC-K - Retail $126

XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600GTS 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail $185

These would be my quick choices, also would get a nice soundcard with hardware acceleration... good power supply... and a standard sata hard drive. If you figure the components above are about $500 then you have $700 left which is more than enough for the few remaining parts. (And WinXP).

p.s. - you can always get better hardware in every catagory, but there is no need to buy the absolute best stuff to play BF2 well....

Comment

you wont be able to buy an HP desktop and not run BF2 without lag cuz all their cards are sucky integrated ones

Comment

Working...
                    X