No announcement yet.

Is P90 Overpowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want realism - go to a weapons forum to discuss weapons in real life. lol - this is a video game! who gives a flip about the real stats of a gun? None of that info is any help to those playing Cod4.

Comment

CoD 4 is not meant to be as realistic as possible. If that were true, you'd get shot in the leg and be stuck on one place, you'd get shot in the torso and be paralyzed because your spinal cord was severed and slowly bleed to death, and the shrapnel from a grenade going off 20 meters away could kill you if it hit you in the neck.

All you "realism" people don't really want realism. You just want excuses to demean X tactic as noobish.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
        ...snip...

All you "realism" people don't really want realism. You just want excuses to demean X tactic as noobish.
        This seems to be the current trend.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips79 View Post
          who gives a flip about the real stats of a gun?
          Clearly quite a few people on this forum do, otherwise it wouldn't be being discussed.

Comment

I think weapon stats are interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
              Eh, why wont you use it again if you are that good with it?
              I explained that already... pay attention!

Hahaha, my point was that I was playing against a bunch of nooberz (30+ man server), and that the outrageousness of the P90 owned all of them with its quite large Mag size, and extreme powers of glorious spray n' pray.

I would much rather be using a ... M4 with Red Dot, or a silenced AK, with stopping power, that would own any P90 user, In a 5v5 S&D scrim that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob View Post
                Clearly quite a few people on this forum do, otherwise it wouldn't be being discussed.
                Perhaps - or the only three people who do care happened to comment on the same thread. It's not that big of a deal discussing the real weapons. It just gets annoying when people say "In real life the gun is...., but in the game it only is...."

Comment

I hate the "in real life..." argument.

In real life the SMG's wouldn't do crap do that body armor the Marines seem to be wearing (although they take the same damage, of course, as everyone else) and the P90 would have both greater range and penetration power because of its 5.7x23 (MP5, for example, fires 9x19) cartridge which is more similar to a rifle's. I hate this "IRL" deal, because people pick and choose what parts of "real life" they want to see in a game to best benefit them, or nerf X weapon which makes them angry.

P90 whiners don't want a realistic P90. They want a P90 nerf. At least be honest about it.

Comment

Agreed with the above. Don't preach about realism when you want to apply it only to certain weapons/situations as it's pretty obvious what you are trying to say.

I actually never heard someone say P90 is OP'd, except maybe 2 people in this topic. Negligible in comparison to the amount of GL whiners, for example.

Comment

Just did a game with a p90 for the first time really, never really liked it.

Went 69-10 with it..

Extra Ammo
                      Double Tap
                      Steady Aim

Love it

I find it a good gun all around, many ways to counter attack it. But i like it, my new primary gun!

Comment

In my case, I find that the high rate of fire actually works against the P90. The times that I have used it, I would have squeezed off most of the clip trying to train the gun onto the target, only to find that the remaining hits weren't enough to finish them off. Personally, I have found more success with the MP5.

Comment

Originally posted by the_5th_Beatle View Post
                          In my case, I find that the high rate of fire actually works against the P90. The times that I have used it, I would have squeezed off most of the clip trying to train the gun onto the target, only to find that the remaining hits weren't enough to finish them off. Personally, I have found more success with the MP5.
                          Maybe you need to 'aim' better next time?

Comment

Working...
                          X