No announcement yet.

Is P90 Overpowered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have fired mostly 5.56 NATO with my AR-15 build as well. I've never witnessed it explode or tear apart when striking a soft or penetrable surface. I've found fragmented bullets after impact, but never any "shotgun" like effect. I know the bullet has a tendency to yaw (a great thing, actually), maybe the internal bullet yaw is what you were speaking of.

Comment

Nah, i know the bullet has a tendancy to spin and roll if it hits bone etc.. but at really high velocities it does break up on impact. The SA-80 has a higher mussel velocity than the M-16 types because of it's longer barrel so maybe it's more apparent for me.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder
        Why wouldn't you use a gun that you're good with?

Why cripple yourself with a weapon that you won't do so well with?

Sounds bloody stupid to me.
        Hahaha, my point was that I was playing against a bunch of nooberz (30+ man server), and that the outrageousness of the P90 owned all of them with its quite large Mag size, and extreme powers of glorious spray n' pray.

I would much rather be using a ... M4 with Red Dot, or a silenced AK, with stopping power, that would own any P90 user, In a 5v5 S&D scrim that is.

Comment

I just unlocked it! :yay:

Comment

I used to think it but now I don't really use it anymore , it takes awy too many bullets to kill someone =( i prefer the mp5

Comment

Just played using the P90, the only 20 kill streak I have.. and guess what.. it was with the P90.

LOL. Either I am t3h pwnage, or the P90 owns.

(I say P90 owns)

Comment

Originally posted by Maze =] View Post
                I saw many guys using p90 and I almost can't kill them in the CQB.

This gun is too powerful
                Actually the AK74 does more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob View Post
                  Nah, i know the bullet has a tendancy to spin and roll if it hits bone etc.. but at really high velocities it does break up on impact. The SA-80 has a higher mussel velocity than the M-16 types because of it's longer barrel so maybe it's more apparent for me.
                  My AR-15 build is basically an M16 variant (I just want to find a way to actually get it to fire in automatic... I've been told there is a way without harming the weapon), and it's muzzle velocity is 973 mps... the wikipedia definition on the SA-80 and its variants puts it at 970, so I'm sure they're pretty identical. Although, I'm sure the SA-80 isn't run on a direct impingement system... I so wish I could find an AR-15 with the G36's short stroke piston/operating rod mechanism. Same AR-15 accuracy and ease of use, modern G36 reliability. IMO an AR-15 variant with the G36 proprietary system with the upper and lower receivers modified for the 6.8x43 SPC would be the best assault rifle to ever be fielded in combat.

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
                    Hahaha, my point was that I was playing against a bunch of nooberz (30+ man server), and that the outrageousness of the P90 owned all of them with its quite large Mag size, and extreme powers of glorious spray n' pray.

I would much rather be using a ... M4 with Red Dot, or a silenced AK, with stopping power, that would own any P90 user, In a 5v5 S&D scrim that is.
                    Agree on the "much rather be using..." stuff, red-dot M4 is beastly :evil:

It is very spray 'n' pray, the P90 rewards those who exploit the game to it's very core (bunny-hopping, dolphin diving etc.) but that's just a style of play (that I implement every so often )

Comment

The M4 is pretty spammy too.

M16 ftw. Precision death stick.

Comment

Originally posted by blank1 View Post
                        The M4 is pretty spammy too.

M16 ftw. Precision death stick.
                        Agree, I do like the M4, but the M16 with red dot and red tiger is my favourite weapon for both looks, power and range.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder View Post
                          Agree on the "much rather be using..." stuff, red-dot M4 is beastly :evil:

It is very spray 'n' pray, the P90 rewards those who exploit the game to it's very core (bunny-hopping, dolphin diving etc.) but that's just a style of play (that I implement every so often )
                          Oh yea, so do I. I've gotten myself banned from the =325= server for dolphin diving... they suck. I've gotten some of the greatest mid-air headshots too.

Comment

I am actually starting to hate the P90 and G36C, their iron sights are meh.

Comment

I hate the G36C ironsights, but feel like home with the P90 ones.

Comment

i don't like it. i'm too used to the M16 right now so i expect everyone to die so quick but it feels like the P90 requires 20 bullets to take someone down.

Comment

Working...
                                X