X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO way

Originally posted by System
    this guy represents all noobs.

martydom is the worst feature possible in this game. All it offeres is a cheap free ez kill or more. Other than this feature alone, I am very happy with cod4 over bf2/2142.

as for nade spamming it is no where near as bad as bf2 but I do see higher levels spamming there nades in the tight CQB maps like the square one with all the shipping containers ( nade whores festival dream).

all in all coming from bf2 that is a nade spamming whore fest half the time in io maps only. i cant usually shoot my gun in cod4.

One thing I really love is how you have to earn gaymores or claymores if you prefere. Not yo mention you actually have a chance to escape from there. So as bad as nade spamming is sometimes, I suppose its better that than the other things I left bf2 for but it can still be annoying to see a high rankd player relying purely on nades to be ahead of his game- aka noob.
    Wow I totally disagree, nades are an issue they are landing everywhere on these maps in real life you would never throw a grenade at randomn or any where near your team mates. #2 This game has been out for a month and already every map is crawling with snipers who have every inch of the map already memorized for maximum benefit, and easy kills and rather than capture an objective they wait and hunt, get 5 kills and are rewarded with an airstrike and then a chopper! Reward the camper not the guy taking the flag, thats just stupid. Maryrdom is OK with me because it moves the spawn camp whores along on their way. Martydom could also not kick in if no enemy is around you 10m.

Comment

Originally posted by [TRashED]VT_NERD View Post
      It's better to be a "noob" than a scrub.

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/featu...ToWinPart1.htm
      The thing that sux is that I'm actually a scrub, too. After reading that definition... I'm not a true scrub, but I definately slip into that mentality from time-to-time.

I have decided that will change starting right now. Thanks for the link.

Comment

The fact that someone on that website took the time to write an article to describe that label in such detail, and make such a big deal out of it, makes him a bigger dork than anyone here.

I'd rather be a "scrub", with friends who enjoy playing the game casually with me, than a so-called "top" player, who most people despise instead of admire, sitting alone for hrs night after night in his room, devising "l33t" tactics, thinking he's king of the Internet.

Sports, and even War itself have rules to be followed. The only people that have to "win at all costs" are very petty and small inside.

Noobs vs. Scrubs, or whatever you want to call it, is stupid...it simply boils down to different preferred playing styles. Either extreme is usually a small group, with the vast majority of gamers preferring something in the middle.

ps. Besides, TLC defined "scrub" long before the twit on that site tried to make a definition for it : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Av7m_Pgt1S8

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          can't speak for BF2 as i didn't play it, but 2142 is not bad compared to COD4.
          Not bad, I love the fact that you can't re-supply nades on this game. You get one, or 3 at the expense of other abilities.

How many times have i seen people, sitting down with an ammo crate, spamming "frag out" x50

Everything is fine, except the heli's ability to pick people out that are basically impossible to see. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            The fact that someone on that website took the time to write an article to describe that label in such detail, and make such a big deal out of it, makes him a bigger dork than anyone here.

...snip...
            OFF TOPIC
            I got something from reading that article. I can identify that I've adopted this 'scrub' mentality from time-to-time. Lately, I've been upset with some of my mates for dominating me instead of playing a 'fun' game. They have the 'win-win-win' mentality and I just like to play. Sure, I like to do well, but I'm okay with losing... I just don't like to be dominated.

You see, when I was a low rank and they were using weapons and perks I didn't have, I was completely outclassed. They are younger, more adept players and would just throw everything at me. When there's only 4-5 people on the server and it's P90 (or M203) > UAV > Air Strike > Helo our server would empty in a heartbeat... and I'd be pissed and quitting for the evening.

Now, I've decided to resist them and their evil ways by adopting a winning attitude. I've got to give this a try, because otherwise, I'm done playing with them... and that makes me sad.

I'd rather not quit playing, but I have a very limited time to play daily and if I'm strictly catching ordinance, I'd rather do something else. Going to bed frustrated and pissed off is not a good way to end the day.

I got sucked into MP gaming because of the teamwork in BF2/2142, but when my friends stopped playing the teamwork stopped too. I've been looking for it ever since.

ON TOPIC
            As I've stated earlier, there aren't too many nades. There is just a larger opportunity for one to avoid being nade spammed. Once we all accept that nades are a part of warfare and FPS gaming, we can get back to the fun. If you don't like the nades, there are other games that don't have them. Or, you could play a modded server which doesn't have any (no, I don't know any).

Comment

Martyrdom might be annoying, but like Rob Jordan said: it's part of the game.

It's put there so that you'll think before entering an enclosed room where you would not be able to escape the blast radius.

Nice link btw VT_NERD, t'was a good read.

Comment

Yea, that article was a good find. Its a prime example of what happens in game play and forums.

I was knifing really well the other night and had someone say, "that all you can do, sneak around and be a cheap *** knife whore?" My response to them was "Dont get close to me and you wont need to worry about it." They didnt like that much, but I had fun

Anyway, everyone should play how they want to. You dont like a perk, build yourself a server without it, but expect to see the "cheap" tactic again and again on other servers.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

When martyrdom gets nerfed, the same s*it will happen what happened to BF2, everything else will get nerfed.
                  Martyrdom is fine. If you get killed by it, it`s your fault, noone elses.

Whoever wrote that article takes it way too seriously, and cheap tactics should be used more against him.

Comment

I'm in the "less is more" category for changes to the game. Less changes to me means more enjoyment. I hate what after-release changes did to some other games and don't want that to happen here.

Comment

nub

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                      I guess you don`t like people with the 3 nade perk+ martyrdom?
                      I love it, gets me **** loads of kills.
                      This is because your a nub.

Comment

Working...
                      X