Joystick Config?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick Config?

Wow, its been a long time since i've used this joystick.

It's an old Logitech Attack 3, and i was wondering if anyone has a good
    configuration for it.

Thanks in advance

Re: Joystick Config?

Theres a thread around the place, I think I even have a pic of my old config up somewhere.

But you really should just search first.

I used Attack 3 with the keyboard, F marked the fly by cam view.

Comment

sorry about not searching, how do you set up your axis' like when i tried, i could never do any sharp turns, always full rounded turns

Comment

Youre completely new to joysticks, arent you?

Comment

Here's mine..

Comment

I would listen to Skaggy. The number of times he has shot me down with an F-35 whilst im in the J10 means he is doing something right

Comment

Thats a pretty interesting setup there Skaggy. Dont think its as mobile as with a keyboard though. Youre gimping yourself by having way too many keys on the bottom (Attack 3 just lacks them, primary reason why I didnt get an Attack 3, and got a 3D Pro instead).

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                I would listen to Skaggy. The number of times he has shot me down with an F-35 whilst im in the J10 means he is doing something right
                Thanks

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                Thats a pretty interesting setup there Skaggy. Dont think its as mobile as with a keyboard though. Youre gimping yourself by having way too many keys on the bottom (Attack 3 just lacks them, primary reason why I didnt get an Attack 3, and got a 3D Pro instead).
                Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, switching between fly-by and cockpit used to be pretty awkward, but I suppose I've just got used to it over time.I've been thinking about getting a new stick anyway, mainly because the calibration for this Attack 3 keeps cocking up. It'll probably be one of the two Logitechs...

Attack 3 - £16.44 - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...id=288&subcat=
                3D Pro - £24.66 - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...id=288&subcat=

Worth the £8 for an upgrade?...:laugh:

Comment

As a guy who used Attack 3 as his first stick, Id say its well worth the 8 quid upgrade. You get tons of extra keys to tamper with and my 3D has lasted me a year with absolutely no issues whatsoever. The problem might be a stiff spring (not stiffer than Attack 3s though), but Ive changed it myself.

Comment

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

thats the 1 iv got but iam still crap with it when iam in a dog fight thay allways go up and i never can get that hight

also i found a dxtweaktool that could help you out as well if you get the joystick . its on the logitech web site ..called dxtwealtool just hope you know a lot more than me as its over my head .

akawho07

Comment

ya i got a 3d pro, i dont fly a lot, but it definetly gets the job done

Comment

DUDE I HAVE THE SAME JOYSTICK.

i use joystick and keyboard... the only problem i have is that i cant "spot" enemies... eg. jets. Which is very important if your in a dogfight!

can anyone help with that?... need to know how to spot jets and stuff with my joystick... i have my secondary fire to the joystick button and Q for communicate... doesn't seem to work

Comment

Well I have a Extreme 3d. Pulling it back and pushing it forward is for pitch, side to side is for roll, and if it had a twist feature (which would control the rudder) you use that for steering or yaw. I use my trigger for machine gun, thumb button for missles/bombs, hat for changing to bombs or missles, 3 top button for flares, 4 for the one on top of that for after burner and the rest for views and stuff.

Originally posted by E.Putney
                          DUDE I HAVE THE SAME JOYSTICK.

i use joystick and keyboard... the only problem i have is that i cant "spot" enemies... eg. jets. Which is very important if your in a dogfight!

can anyone help with that?... need to know how to spot jets and stuff with my joystick... i have my secondary fire to the joystick button and Q for communicate... doesn't seem to work
                          Bind on of the keys next to your fingers for HUD view and the other for a view of the rear.

Comment

thanks ownz but I should have been clearer...

what I meant was, when you press "Q" and click on an enemy, it spots them?

now if im using joystick and keyboard for jets... how do I do that to spot jets.

I press "Q" and my alternative fire "joystick button 1" and it doesnt spot anything. Its good if you can spot jets cos then you know where they are going. I have joystick buttons for different views... the only way i can think of doing it is to press "Q" then quickly click on the mouse then switch back to joystick...

meh... thanks for the help anyway dude

Comment

Here is mine from a while back for my Saitek Evo:

I also use joy2key to bind vent/teamspeak, voip, and M for map.
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                              X