No announcement yet.

too much nades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silly question, but when can you carry more than 1 frag nade?

All i have is 3x "special grenades."

I've had fried lice that's more special.

3 flashes and thats it??? When do I get to nade spam?

BTW, I'm only a 2nd Lnt at the momemt.

Comment

Too many grenades, but what are you going to do.

TF2 doesn't have any nades for all but one class, and so I find that a rather clean game. Though sometimes there's fun in running away from nades themselves.

When all else fails, throw the grenade back and hope for the best.

Comment

In all my playing time (just over 3 days) i have still not been able to throw a grenade back.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          can't speak for BF2 as i didn't play it, but 2142 is not bad compared to COD4.
          2142, i havent seen any nades the last 5 times i played

Comment

Originally posted by Khan613 View Post
            silly question, but when can you carry more than 1 frag nade?

All i have is 3x "special grenades."

I've had fried lice that's more special.

3 flashes and thats it??? When do I get to nade spam?

BTW, I'm only a 2nd Lnt at the momemt.
            There's a frag x 3 perk.

Comment

My idea is still epic win.

Comment

There are two many nades but all you have to do is lower the blash radius to make it more reasonable and realistic.

Comment

I don't think the blast radius is inappropriate unless coupled with Sonic Boom...

I am an unabashed jumping, SMG user who likes to throw nades. I don't bunnyhop, spam nades or only use an SMG... so only hate me a little. :laugh:

Comment

I don't mind the number of nades...I'm used to having 4 in both BF2 and 2142. I think larger maps would solve the problem or fewer players on the existing maps. I like to play on 32 slot servers myself and it can be a bit ridiculous at times, but I tend to flank alone, quietly and so it's not much of an issue for me.

Comment

while most players have just 1 nade + martyrdom nade, the sheer number of re-spawns after death makes it seem there are nades everywhere. some players will die constantly; spawn, throw a nade, then die dropping a nade, so in a matter of few minutes, he has set off a number of nades.

i do like the idea that if you haven't used your 1x nade, then it should be available for martyrdom. if you have used all your nades, then martyrdom shouldn't work.

Comment

I made the "martyrdom only if you have at least 1 frag nade remaining" suggestion in the COD4 survey over at CharlieOscarDelta. I think it's a reasonable suggestion.

I find it fairly annoying that if I happen upon someone in CQB and kill them, I then have to run away in the opposite direction so that I don't get blown up. Similarly, if I'm holding a position on an HQ or something in a room, even if I successfully kill the oppt at the door, often the explosion is enough to get you if you don't move. Kinda ruins some of the smart/tactical play of the game, IMO...you can do everything right, and still die from it. Yes, that's how it often goes in real life, but a game is meant to be fun.

If it really was meant as an "anti-teabagging" measure as IW said, then maybe the blast radius needs to be reduced or something...lethal if you're right on top of the corpse, but not if you're farther away.

Comment

Exactly what i was saying whiskey,a blast radius equivalent to the corpse would be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by =ROB JORDAN= View Post
                            He has been equipped before setting out into battle with a grenade strapped tightly to his load bearing equipment. His handler has rigged a special release cable for him which pulls the pin if his weapon moves more than two feet from his body. The last guy who went out--and didn't come back--had his cable attached to his belt...

Martyrdom is supposed to represent a soldier who has decided to die for his cause. He's not pulling out a grenade, pulling the pin and throwing the nade at you. He's falling to the ground, dead, and the grenade is released.

In most all situations, if you were moving tactically you would not be a victim to Martyrdom. Therefore, I challenge you to recognise it as a gameplay mechanism; a part of normal game play for CoD4. It's meant to keep you on the move and away from the corpses of your enemy and to add a dynamic to small cage matches.

Learn to love it if you want to stop crying about it. Time to man-up.
                            this guy represents all noobs.

martydom is the worst feature possible in this game. All it offeres is a cheap free ez kill or more. Other than this feature alone, I am very happy with cod4 over bf2/2142.

as for nade spamming it is no where near as bad as bf2 but I do see higher levels spamming there nades in the tight CQB maps like the square one with all the shipping containers ( nade whores festival dream).

all in all coming from bf2 that is a nade spamming whore fest half the time in io maps only. i cant usually shoot my gun in cod4.

One thing I really love is how you have to earn gaymores or claymores if you prefere. Not yo mention you actually have a chance to escape from there. So as bad as nade spamming is sometimes, I suppose its better that than the other things I left bf2 for but it can still be annoying to see a high rankd player relying purely on nades to be ahead of his game- aka noob.

Comment

Originally posted by System
                              ...snip...
                              I'll own that one. So what, I'm a n00b to you. :shock:

You're the one who seems to have a problem with the game...

Comment

Originally posted by System
                                It's better to be a "noob" than a scrub.

Comment

Working...
                                X