too much nades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too much nades?

is this game plagued by too many nades? too often matches with a lot of people turn into an orgy of nades. and with the stupid martyrdom perk, nades are everywhere and every second i hear that clinking sound and i have to run the F away. a lot of the times when i see my death cam, i see i get killed by some guy who is just throwing random nades at places hoping for a kill. actually, we all do that because it works... that's the problem, nade kills are too easy and it's too unrealistic spamming nades all over the place despite we only get 1 and a later perk gives you more. is this how most fps games are nowadays or is this problem unique to COD4?

wouldn't this game be a lot better and rewarding if there were no nades to begin with or 1x nade was a really hard perk to get like near the top ranks? i say get rid of the multiple nade perk in addition to martyrdom. or at least give servers the options to turn off stupid nades.

PS. yes i come from BF2142 where there is also a nade spam issue at times, but it is not as prevalent as COD4. the fact is, BF only suffers from nade spams in infantry maps where 60 players are bunched up together like Camp-G or in heavily defended titan corridors. other than those two cases, it's relatively nade spam free because the maps are so big that you won't run into an enemy every second like COD4.

All the cod games have been nade spam games... But yeah u sure do get pissed when someone just throws away a random nade and u take it in the face... Turning on FF and HC does often make the server less nade spammish...

Comment

btw what happens with FF on servers and martyrdom? would that become a TK fest?

Comment

I guess you don`t like people with the 3 nade perk+ martyrdom?
        I love it, gets me **** loads of kills.

Comment

Battlefield 2 has some nade spamming I don't know if it's as bad as COD4.

Comment

BF2 is the place for nade spamming, here you get 1 until you rank up later and want more. I think one is good for the most part. I certainly don't miss the BHing noob tubing of BF2

FF on for nades would solve the issue of the hail mary toss though

Comment

can't speak for BF2 as i didn't play it, but 2142 is not bad compared to COD4.

Comment

I admit that it can get tiresome. The old motto works well here, "Adapt and over-come!"

I sincerely doubt the game will be changed to diminish nade use. Learn to become a nade master by NOT just randomly tossing one, but by learning to cook 'em and get multi-kills...

As time goes by more custom servers will be available where the nades, noobt00bs, snipers, sprayers, or whatever is currently bugging you will be modded out.

Comment

I would liek to see the martyrdom become the actual "anti t bag" it was supposed to be,right now martyrdom is haha rofllmao your screwed now!Booom!The martyrdom grenade should only kill if your standing on top of the body,not 5 feet away form you.

Comment

That has to be one weird *** grenade.

Comment

It would reduce complaining and be anti tea bag.

Comment

yeah the nade spamming is horrible i hate the martydoom perk because it just stupid as u kill people when ur dead it is just to help the new comers to the game. Like when i first played i didnt know what i was and how i died and then seen the death came and like wtf. so that is off i personally thing
                        All the class have 1 nades as default
                        then as a perk u get one more nade at like a mid level rank like maybe 22 or something then you can unlock another when ur like 51 or so.
                        But the main thing is like reduce the amount of damage u receive from it like so it is like 35-45% less damaging than before and smaller blast area

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                          can't speak for BF2 as i didn't play it, but 2142 is not bad compared to COD4.
                          I have to agree here. Nades in BF2142 tends to be used like in CS, you only throw one if you're sure there's a guy there.

Also in 2142, you can actually see and hear the nades. In BF2/CoD4 they're almost invisible and you can't hear them (unless it's completely quiet around you but how often does that happen in these two games?).

But it's not bad in CoD4 compared to BF2 Karkand 64 player I wonder what IW where thinking about the martyrdom perk, they should have left it out of the game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolofo
                            I would liek to see the martyrdom become the actual "anti t bag" it was supposed to be,right now martyrdom is haha rofllmao your screwed now!Booom!The martyrdom grenade should only kill if your standing on top of the body,not 5 feet away form you.
                            what if the grenade was shielded by the dead enemies body (or thats supposed to be what happens) and so this would reduce the splash damage.

Comment

He has been equipped before setting out into battle with a grenade strapped tightly to his load bearing equipment. His handler has rigged a special release cable for him which pulls the pin if his weapon moves more than two feet from his body. The last guy who went out--and didn't come back--had his cable attached to his belt...

Martyrdom is supposed to represent a soldier who has decided to die for his cause. He's not pulling out a grenade, pulling the pin and throwing the nade at you. He's falling to the ground, dead, and the grenade is released.

In most all situations, if you were moving tactically you would not be a victim to Martyrdom. Therefore, I challenge you to recognise it as a gameplay mechanism; a part of normal game play for CoD4. It's meant to keep you on the move and away from the corpses of your enemy and to add a dynamic to small cage matches.

Learn to love it if you want to stop crying about it. Time to man-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X