Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grenade Launcher Kids from BF2 have infested COD4 - gbye, cya in next decent game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earlier on I was getting annoyed with some n00b tubers so I decided to fight fire with fire.

Overkill is my new best friend. G36c with GL, M4 with GL, their measly 2 Grenades are nothing compared to MY 4! HAHAHA.

Ps: Damn having 4 of those n00by things is fun, funnier when they start calling you a n00b tuber!

Comment

1. Leave the Grenade Launchers in Cod4 as they are.. They are fine.. If something should be done, they could take away the ability to fire while jumping. And nothing more.

2. The Grenade Launchers is not nerfed in BF2.. I love them.. It requires skill, so you have to practice a bit..
      Here is a video of the Grenade Launchers in BF2`s 1.2 Alpha Patch (the patch who changed it).. It is like this now too (in Patch 1.41), and it is great. Perfect.. =)

(If you want you can download the movie from the website listed in that link - Better quality)

3. Here is a suggestion for Cod4 - Implement the feature to change crosshair color (in both SP and MP). This should be in all games. Changing crosshair color is cool. And it may also be necessary if someone is color-blind! And then we could also need to change the color when hovering the crosshair over an enemy (now it is red). If we get the ability to change crosshair color, we should get the ability to change the crosshair color when holding over an enemy too.. =)

People, what do you think?

Comment

I've decided NOT to use GLs and none of my custom kits has GLs.

It has put me at an initial disadvantage, yet I'm now much better at evading them. I just think it is cheap to fire a rifle grenade in close quarters.

Anyone who has ever used an M203 or equivalent knows their destructive potential and one would never shoot at a target closer than 25m with one because you'd damage yourself or mates. :dead:

To round a corner and get "tubed" really irks me. So, I've decided to hunt down and knife all "tube 'sploiters" on each map. It's given me a good goal to go after and it is satisfying to sink my blade into the cowardly fool who will only engage me when it is at no risk to self.

My K/D ratio sucks because of it, but my sense of satisfaction is very high.

Comment

Was playing earlier and god damn, the grenade launcher keeps getting better and better for me. Got like 42 kills with it, and half of em were shootin them to the other side of the map killing all the sad rushers and flankers who had the misfortune to be there and be seen by me. It was fcuking awesome.
          Makes me want to whore it and get better with it even more.

Comment

I stopped using GL's along time ago, i prefer using the red dot scope or silencer, as i get more kills with them than i do with iron sights. Especially since hitting level 55, i stopped caring about kills. The only thing thats left is the remaining challenges, and using a GL wont help with that.

Comment

I just reinstalled cod4 and lost all my stuff, awesome. Well, there is only one way to get back on top quick
              Looks like my gl skills will pay off.

Comment

Problem I have with grenade launchers is people do not use it in the way it was intended. Because we are playing a video game, it's obvious it would be abused. When a secondary weapon becomes are primary, something needs to be changed.

I've watched plenty of people from hardcore modes to FFA to HQ etc. run around only with the grenade launcher and when they ran out of rounds they went to the pistol. Not once did they use the primary fire function. Sure, you can say that they are noobs or whatever name you enjoy to use to belittle other's playing style, but it still doesn't change how the GL is currently being used by the majority of the player base.

Personally, I've sworn never to play a server that isn't hardcore and S/D mode or ones that allow grenade spam in the first 20 or 30 seconds. Truthfully, grenade chucking and killing the competition in their spawn at the start really kills the enjoyment of actually FIGHTING your opponent. If you want to play Easy Mode, could I suggest Care Bears Care Quest?

Comment

Since when does a GL do damage to you or your team mates when within 25 meters of the blast radius?

Comment

I haven't found COD4 to be anywhere near as noob-infested as Battlefield 2 was.

Comment

The noob tube is bad but not as bad as the nade drop on death. Its the lamest thing in the game and just lame enough to ruin it. They really need to remove this "feature" or else the game is gonna die off MP wise fast.

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_Mulle View Post
                        The noob tube is bad but not as bad as the nade drop on death. Its the lamest thing in the game and just lame enough to ruin it. They really need to remove this "feature" or else the game is gonna die off MP wise fast.
                        Then don`t stay around when you kill someone up close. Not that hard to hear the nade drop or see the icon.

Comment

How about when you're blocked in by an idiot stood in a doorway, then a team mate gets killed and drops the nade? How are you gonna get run away from that if you're blocked in?
                          It really annoys me when people play on FF on servers and they use that. Sure you can get a cheap kill with it, but you're more likely to kill more teammates then anyone.

And yes, the run round shooting an m203 or gp35 point blank really annoys me as well, it's really lame imo.

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
                            CoD4 and BF2 are 2 different games. No need to make one exactly like the other.
                            Point!

Originally posted by AutoFodder View Post
                            :cry:

Sorry but seriously, its not that bad at all.
                            Yup.

Originally posted by Speckled_Pants View Post
                            I know exactly what you mean, i dont mind the odd death from those nade launchers, but when you get killed by them over and over again it does get rather tiresome.
                            Join another server.

Thats pretty much what it boils down to, just peace out.

Plus its not that bad, be more observant, kill them before they see you, I have not had this much grief ever with n00b tubers, just got to learn how to deal/change your play style.

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
                              Since when does a GL do damage to you or your team mates when within 25 meters of the blast radius?
                              Oops, if this was in response to my post, you are correct. I meant to say "25ft" and I typed "25m". I was talking about close quarters engagement and 75ft+ is still within fragmentation range in the real world, but not "danger close" as my post described.

My apologies. :salute:

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_Mulle View Post
                              The Martyrdom perk definately keeps the young horny boys from trying to hump your corpse though...

Seriously, this has stopped the ugly practice of 'teabagging' because you're going to catch some fragmentation if you tarry too long.

From my perspective this increases it's value as a multiplayer game. "Adapt-to-overcome" or play another game as complaining changes nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasli View Post
                                3. Here is a suggestion for Cod4 - Implement the feature to change crosshair color (in both SP and MP). This should be in all games. Changing crosshair color is cool. And it may also be necessary if someone is color-blind! And then we could also need to change the color when hovering the crosshair over an enemy (now it is red). If we get the ability to change crosshair color, we should get the ability to change the crosshair color when holding over an enemy too.. =)
                                Turn the crosshairs off and problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X