Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grenade Launcher Kids from BF2 have infested COD4 - gbye, cya in next decent game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenade Launcher Kids from BF2 have infested COD4 - gbye, cya in next decent game.

Yeah, it's sickening..

I play both free for all and search & destroy... both play-modes are EXTREMLY infested with grenade launcher spammers.

9 of 10 deaths goes to grenade launchers.

You cannot rush - (all maps you get super hand grenade spam in beginning, where both teams are throwing nades toward the locations you'd have to rush through)

You cannot move forward by aiming ur rifle properly - (the second you see an enemy he'll launch a rifle grenade just near the ground and ur instant killed.... he doesn't even have to aim... and it doesn't matter ur being really cautious and standing next to a wall, only peeking out... if he sees you he just shoots the ground right next to you and ur clever wall and ur dead)

This leaves players with 2 options.. join the n00b launcher spam crew OR avoid being instant gibbed by camping around a corner hoping you can shoot one of the nade launcher kids in the back.

This imo is what has gotten me tired of the game.. the gameplay... I need more than what is offered.

In BF2 you had things that could easily counter the launcher n00bs.

In CoD4 you don't have any option that can counter grenade launcher spam, other than camping (or hide really well and move very slow, i.e crawl along shadowy walls...... camping in other words)

PS.
    What is almost as bad as the launchers in CoD4.. is how you can STAND UP with a LMG, shooting it on fully automatic and still get a very good result.
    In BF2 your fire would be all over the place if you tried firing a LMG in full auto while standing and even strafing lol - but for some reason in CoD4 the realism seems to have slipped quite a lot on LMGs, as you see people standing/strafing and what not while they're shooting their LMG getting perfect hits.

CoD4 and BF2 are 2 different games. No need to make one exactly like the other.

Comment

:cry:

Sorry but seriously, its not that bad at all.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean, i dont mind the odd death from those nade launchers, but when you get killed by them over and over again it does get rather tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoFodder View Post
          :cry:

Sorry but seriously, its not that bad at all.
          It ain't so bad if you don't mind camping the first 2 minutes of the fight sure..

By that time most of the grenade launcher kids have used up their 2 nades and are now sitting in a corner waiting instead.

But imo it's still sad that they made the grenade launcher work so effectively.

And don't say it's not effective when you have so many abusing em ingame

Just like the LMGs with "grip" that become a mobile chaingun (some people already posted a topic about that) ... sorry but in what world do you move/stand/strafe while shooting a LMG at fully automatic and still HIT ur target easily and multiple times at 10-40 yards range?

Comment

I agree with you only on the LMG, they do get very annoying. That's why I refuse to touch one of those n00b blasters. Standing up and getting dead on accuracy? That just ruin the LMG for me.. And when I get killed by one, I say "Another n00b using another n00b blaster" everytime. Sure I get smack for it, but they damn while deserve to hear it.

Comment

I hope the nooblaunchers are patched out, this is exactly the reason why we don't need more attachements.

Hope they just erase the noobtube, since, we are playing Elite troops in the game and they don't use grenade launchers, so it is even unrealistic.

OUT with them i say, in every game there are alot of trouble with it, so instead of trying to tweak, just remove the stupid thing.

Comment

I have a solution for you, don't play free for all! If you play free for all you're just asking for a spam fest, thats what it is. Go play something like headquarters where it's team based.
                I do agree that the nade launchers are annoying as hell though, as they take absolutely no skill to use in this game, i just shake it off.

Comment

I personally hope they don't listen to the whiners and change the nade launcher at all, play on some hardcore servers with friendly fire on. Honestly, you people who whine ruin every game, not the "noob toobers". BF2 got nerfed because everyone complained so EA just patched ever little thing. If you honestly don't like it, play a game with no guns because you're just going to find something else to complain about sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by kr1kit
                    I have a solution for you, don't play free for all! If you play free for all you're just asking for a spam fest, thats what it is. Go play something like headquarters where it's team based.
                    I do agree that the nade launchers are annoying as hell though, as they take absolutely no skill to use in this game, i just shake it off.
                    I always play HQ or Domination and it's always the same freaking story

Comment

Originally posted by Killa4live
                      we are playing Elite troops in the game and they don't use grenade launchers, so it is even unrealistic.
                      Get your information correct before you speak. I don't believe the opfor are supposed to be an elite force. And even so, the navy seals use the m203 grenade launcher underneath their m4's and m16's, as do the rangers. In the multi player part of the game, there are no stealth missions, so using that does not matter.

Comment

Hope they just erase the noobtube, since, we are playing Elite troops in the game and they don't use grenade launchers, so it is even unrealistic.
                        Elite forces use whatever weapons are necessary to a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswahhihi View Post
                          Elite forces use whatever weapons are necessary to a mission.
                          I don't think they would use a noobtube. That is for normal army. It basically says: hello look at me, so unless ur already seen because 34 tanks just moved by into Bagdad (for example) or ur with a large group, Elite forces won't like that sort of attention.

Anyway that is not the biggest point.

Point is that it is annoying to hell in every game, and lacks skill in every single game.

Comment

Unranked servers can disable certain weapons...

Comment

we are playing Elite troops in the game and they don't use grenade launchers, so it is even unrealistic.
                              What? Thats rediculous, of course special forces use grenade launchers. The M16 with M203 grenade launcher was extremely popular with the SAS in the first Gulf War. Now they use Diemaco M4s, and they have the ability to add the grenade launcher, which they will be doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.
                              And clearly the USMC uses them, i can't imagine the Speznaz doesn't either.
                              When you work in small patrols, as special forces do, you need every man to have as much fire-power as possible, a grenade launcher gives you that extra punch.

Comment

Working...
                              X