Absolutely NOTHING to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Absolutely NOTHING to play

Well, compare a Barricaded Suspect round in SWAT4, in the most popular map "A-Bomb Nighclub" to a round of PR in any map and youll get the general difference between the two. There are only a handful of games that I know of that offer similar pace, amusingly FEAR is one of them, and COD4 (first COD game Ive touched) looks to offer something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
      Realism is all about fast pace. Youre confusing fast movement speed and pace. The open realistic games are slow in almost every category, the closed (indoors) realistic games offer an extreme battlefield where the mind races faster than the keys are pressed on the keyboard. PR doesnt offer that kind of fun. In real life, combat is also all about speed, not slow.

SWAT4 certain gamemodes take a lot more teamwork to be successful at.
      :laugh:
      Chris you're full of crap lol - the only thing 'slow' about PR is the attritional penalty for doing something stupid like dying, imo it's still superhumanly fast paced
      I would let this go but this is a bit ridiculous because your arguments do not compute - you play the arcade BF2, and the realistic SWAT4 but turn your nose at a mod that not only combines the 2 but is the only game I have ever played that sees constant and real (not being in the same corridor at the same time) teamwork on public servers of all things

Comment

If you argue the fact that SWAT4 is a lot faster paced (thus more fun) game, you are on the wrong. The combination of fast pace and realistic gameplay is much more present in SWAT4 than it is in PR. Comeon, theres no corridor running, constant position changing, grenading under coverfire, true backfire to doing stupid rushes in PR. You can argue that its all a matter of perspective, as open areas do not create a cramped environment where people feel boxed in and the illusion of speed is apparent. But in SWAT4 the decision factor is enourmous. You hear a bad guy behind a counter and you are unsure whether you attack or defend, you then hear the pin being pulled and you identify whether its a CS, flash or stinger and choose your weapon and approach according. Considering that from pulling the pin to throwing the nade (and impact), theres a 3 second time delay, you have 1-3 seconds to make a whole sh!itload of decisions. There is no game nor mod that has gone to such leghts to combine the "thinking mans game" and fast pace of realism (because in real life, everything goes fast) into one solid adrenaline filled game. The thing is, SWAT4 is filled neckdeep with such spectacular moments. Im not arguing PRs realism side, its obviously the most realistic game from BF2 mod selection and a very pleasant middleground between ArmA and something more "local", but PR does not come even close to the pace of SWAT4.

Everything from pushes to defenses, movement, assault, firefights, SWAT4 does it in a more engaging (more fun) manner while not slipping. But since PR and SWAT4 are so different on fundamental levels, its a matter of preference really, and not "which one is better". There are obvious flaws in SWAT4, like pepper spray (in terms of BF2 its "noob tube", a universal weapon for almost all situations). But a firefight between two people, while quick to end, is always more engaging due to narrow spaces, sh!tload of cover to use to relocate and a lot of toys to turn the situation around.

The pace, which Im so fond of mentioning all the time, is on mental level. From the time the round starts, to the time the round ends, its a constant avalance of situations that demand both aiming skills, being able to make a buttload of snap decisions in almost every hazardous situation and youre always close to the action, although the spawns are in waves.

PR isnt for me, in terms of airsofting, I hate woodsplay, and PR is "woodsplay" for me. Its indoors where its fun for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          If you argue the fact that SWAT4 is a lot faster paced (thus more fun) game, you are on the wrong. The combination of fast pace and realistic gameplay is much more present in SWAT4 than it is in PR. Comeon, theres no corridor running, constant position changing, grenading under coverfire, true backfire to doing stupid rushes in PR. You can argue that its all a matter of perspective, as open areas do not create a cramped environment where people feel boxed in and the illusion of speed is apparent. But in SWAT4 the decision factor is enourmous. You hear a bad guy behind a counter and you are unsure whether you attack or defend, you then hear the pin being pulled and you identify whether its a CS, flash or stinger and choose your weapon and approach according. Considering that from pulling the pin to throwing the nade (and impact), theres a 3 second time delay, you have 1-3 seconds to make a whole sh!itload of decisions. There is no game nor mod that has gone to such leghts to combine the "thinking mans game" and fast pace of realism (because in real life, everything goes fast) into one solid adrenaline filled game. The thing is, SWAT4 is filled neckdeep with such spectacular moments. Im not arguing PRs realism side, its obviously the most realistic game from BF2 mod selection and a very pleasant middleground between ArmA and something more "local", but PR does not come even close to the pace of SWAT4.

Everything from pushes to defenses, movement, assault, firefights, SWAT4 does it in a more engaging (more fun) manner while not slipping. But since PR and SWAT4 are so different on fundamental levels, its a matter of preference really, and not "which one is better". There are obvious flaws in SWAT4, like pepper spray (in terms of BF2 its "noob tube", a universal weapon for almost all situations). But a firefight between two people, while quick to end, is always more engaging due to narrow spaces, sh!tload of cover to use to relocate and a lot of toys to turn the situation around.

The pace, which Im so fond of mentioning all the time, is on mental level. From the time the round starts, to the time the round ends, its a constant avalance of situations that demand both aiming skills, being able to make a buttload of snap decisions in almost every hazardous situation and youre always close to the action, although the spawns are in waves.

PR isnt for me, in terms of airsofting, I hate woodsplay, and PR is "woodsplay" for me. Its indoors where its fun for me.
          everybody is differnt, differnt likes & styles on everything. world would be boring if everyting & one is the same.

you got me curious about swat 4 , im downloding demo now, i just want to see what your talkin about is so good.
          i'll comment on it later.:salute:

Comment

Do people still play SWAT4 multiplayer?
            I wanted to get it but I though people would never play it online as it`s too difficult for the average fragger.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
              Do people still play SWAT4 multiplayer?
              I wanted to get it but I though people would never play it online as it`s too difficult for the average fragger.
              Its definitely difficult for an average gamer because the game setting is just totally different. Its an indoor close quarters combat shooter, and the fact that majority of the players are seasoned vets who just cant get their hands off SWAT4 doesnt help either. To be good at SWAT4, you need to invest at least 10 hours a week into it, to become good at SWAT4, double the ammount. But you need to have fun first, and the game has to engage you because theres a lot to learn about the multiplayer tactics, maps, engagement and weapons (learning guns is a big part of the game), and unless the game strikes you, you wont spend your time in it.

The Demo is a Single Player 60 minute trial version. So it will not show the true face of the game which is MP (or COOP).

There are not many players playing the game, I think you can find about 300-500 players online at any given moment, and its divided between those who have cracked the game and are playing pirates in 1.0 version, and those who are on 1.1. Theres a whole lot of people who used to be in SWAT4 competition and are still in game, but for all intents and purposes, MP sight is pretty much dead or dieing. A lot of bugs, game being resourcehungry, one patch and no PB support did their damage.

And, the game aint for everyone, but for those who love it, love it genuinely and generally its hard to love something else after youve tasted SWAT4.

Interesting fun fact about SWAT4- on most servers, most maps are played. Id even go as far and say that all of them are played, but Im not so arrogant to assume that much. If you pick any random server, chances are you will see at least a 5 map rotation and you can expect a 10 map rotation within reasonable chances.

Comment

I did play the MP beta but I mostly saw people throwing stun-grenades all over the place and pepper-spraying teammates. That put me off.
                For some reason the pistols felt, looked and sounded better than anything else. That`s why I always walked around with a glock instead of a M4.
                SP demo was good, a bit more arcade than SWAT3 but still good.

Comment

The handguns are genuinely badass and are as effective as primary weapons. The cool thing about SWAT4 is that every weapon kills. Once that knowledge is acquired, people can focus on picking weapons that suit certain situations and maps better, but of course the universal weapons are more common (like M4A1 and MP5). SWAT4 is all about room clearing, so nading is every much as high as Karkand, thing is, every nade in SWAT4 has a purpose and since they dont kill, you still need to work with your rifle, or grab an arrest.

MP Beta days were kindergarten days, its gone a lot much forward now. You will rarely find newbish behaviour in the game, except for genuine griefers. My friend got a decent laptop and hes considering getting back into SWAT4 before jumping into COD4, and Im with him so Ill be around the old scenery from time to time. You can find me on tCC Doghouse servers, most probably, if they are still around.

2 videos of quick VIP rounds

Comment

well i dowloaded the demo, installed & it just wasnt my cup of tea, it was too much arcade like IMO, not very realistic.

it had alot of good points i liked , the close quarters were awsome, the quick commands were very nice, and little things like picking locks, blowing the doors, all that was good.

i miss the "inside building cqc" like i used to have in origional GR, graw might have it i donno, but i wish bf would incorporate that even if it was a few buildings with multi floors with doors would be awsome.
                    like i said earlier, everbody is different

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
                      well i dowloaded the demo, installed & it just wasnt my cup of tea, it was too much arcade like IMO, not very realistic.

it had alot of good points i liked , the close quarters were awsome, the quick commands were very nice, and little things like picking locks, blowing the doors, all that was good.

i miss the "inside building cqc" like i used to have in origional GR, graw might have it i donno, but i wish bf would incorporate that even if it was a few buildings with multi floors with doors would be awsome.
                      like i said earlier, everbody is different
                      If you want a good "inside building cqc" I highly recommend FEAR Combat. Here's a video I made of it, if you wanna take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xa_LTlJue8

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                        If you want a good "inside building cqc" I highly recommend FEAR Combat. Here's a video I made of it, if you wanna take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xa_LTlJue8
                        thx, i really wasnt searching, i only done the swat4 cause chris was talking about how good it was and i just checkin it out.
                        but the video looks good, but just doesnt look like i'd want to play, i like the blood though and teh cqc is awsome there also.

Comment

thx, i really wasnt searching, i only done the swat4 cause chris was talking about how good it was and i just checkin it out.
                          but the video looks good, but just doesnt look like i'd want to play, i like the blood though and teh cqc is awsome there also.
                          you could always try it out. it's free to download and play

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                            you could always try it out. it's free to download and play
                            ok i gave it a shot, downloaded the multiplayer and i dont have alot of gaming time, if im lucky i get 2 hours a day tops, but i squeezed in 15mins to see what it was like, well to me it was better than swat. and i loved the weapons, graphics, action, blood , gore, all freakin awsome. only thing i didnt care for which im sure with time can learn how to counter is that damn bunnhopping, i actually resorted to it last couple mins , i though 'im gonna get that prik' so i had my fists, bunnhoped on top of him, pounded his face tillhe was down, then shot him up dead to see the blood. LOLOLOL.
                            very nice game, definalty gonna keep the demo. but it will not replace my PR mod, i just dont think its better than that, but very nice
                            thx

Comment

ok i gave it a shot, downloaded the multiplayer and i dont have alot of gaming time, if im lucky i get 2 hours a day tops, but i squeezed in 15mins to see what it was like, well to me it was better than swat. and i loved the weapons, graphics, action, blood , gore, all freakin awsome. only thing i didnt care for which im sure with time can learn how to counter is that damn bunnhopping, i actually resorted to it last couple mins , i though 'im gonna get that prik' so i had my fists, bunnhoped on top of him, pounded his face tillhe was down, then shot him up dead to see the blood. LOLOLOL.
                              very nice game, definalty gonna keep the demo. but it will not replace my PR mod, i just dont think its better than that, but very nice
                              thx
                              If you jump and press the melee button you can do a kick. That usually takes care of close-up bunny hoppers.

My favourite gun is the Penetrator because it shoots bolts that stick into the walls, and bodies.

It's actually not the demo. You play against people who downloaded it, and people who bought it retail.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                                If you jump and press the melee button you can do a kick. That usually takes care of close-up bunny hoppers.

My favourite gun is the Penetrator because it shoots bolts that stick into the walls, and bodies.

It's actually not the demo. You play against people who downloaded it, and people who bought it retail.
                                really, the retail server u mean this multiplayer demo gets on them. i think i might of played 20, 30mins, not long. i was wondering how they were kicking, LOL, kinda cool game. if i can learn it i might but retail, i love blood & gore in games, one reason i like the PR they spurt when u hit them,LOL

quick question, is it all solo, or do they have teams? conquests?

u ever tried this one chris?

Comment

Working...
                                X