Absolutely NOTHING to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely NOTHING to play

I cant even look at BF2 nor SWAT4 without feeling disgust. Overplayed.
    I figured ETQW would be the next game of choice, got bored.
    ArmA is pretty much dead.
    R6V is bugged as hell and the SWAT4 community didnt pick it up.

So... nothing? Nothing to offer from tactical close quarters combat perspective with a pound of realism for engaging firefights, Ubisuck killed that one, so did Irrational Games.

DICE dropped the ball with BF2142 and SD didnt get me hooked with the ETQW.

FFOW and Crysis are coming up, do they have the potential to drag me in, or not? I fear that Crysis is way too open and will die off like all the open maps in BF2 did. I fear that FFOW will not have jets to offer to get that initial vibe in a certan area of the game.

Do I really have to play WoW?

Re: Absolutely NOTHING to play

Play something for fun,tf2?If multiplayer mayhem aint your style try some singleplayer games or rts,bioshock and opposing fronts come to mind,a game doesnt have to a multiplayer game to be great.Cod4 is coming out in less than a month if that fits your style of play.

I just re read your post..tactical realism,well not much fits the bill there but you might want to try out day of defeat source,great community and loads of fun.

Comment

why not F.E.A.R. Combat? it's a CQC FPS. personally, it's everything I wanted in a CQC FPS. the maps are small, and the respawns are instant. some maps take place on a campus, on a couple floors in an office building, underground bunkers. there's 19 maps in total, I think.
      the graphics are better than BF2's. And when you put all the graphics on low, even low end systems can play it. My brother's pentium 4, 5200FX can play at about 30 FPS

it's free to download. you just have to register for a free CD-key on the offical website. all the information is at www.joinfear.com

here's a video I made demonstrating the gameplay:
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Americas Army owns, but it takes A LOT of time to get good at or even get a kill (other maps than Bridge, that one is piss easy). A lot of patience is also needed.

I love it.

Comment

well why would you ***** about it on a BF2 forum maybe if you cant find a good game you should do something else

Comment

COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
              Americas Army owns, but it takes A LOT of time to get good at or even get a kill (other maps than Bridge, that one is piss easy). A lot of patience is also needed.

I love it.
              i like the mod pr better, u ever tried that chris?

Comment

Project Reality...

Comment

Or find something to do with your hands!!!

Comment

UT99

some old style fps will get you back to wanting to play the new games

Comment

The classic Rainbow Six games, the original, Rogue Spear, Urban Ops, etc instead of Rainbow Six Vegas

Comment

Project Reality if you haven't played it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by x + 95 = 4x - 10 View Post
                          well why would you ***** about it on a BF2 forum maybe if you cant find a good game you should do something else
                          Youre a *******, please /wrists. If you want to whore for some attention, do it with a little more style, stupid e-thug.

===

TBF2 OT forums are great because of its diversity in experience.

I dont really consider any of BF2 mods to be a replacement for exhaustion of BF2.

Ill be giving FEAR a second chance, probably pick up AA again for a shot. I remember SWAT4 took AAs spot because of its faster pace. Games Im more interested in rely on snap decisions and lots of mind input. I also like the weapon variety and as much immersion as possible (loud bangs and great weapon sounds and feel for example).

For UT99, I recently replayed HL1 and its exp packs which I consider to be greatest games of all times. The immersion factor and the emotional transfer from map designs is simply astonishing considering the age of the games.

The thing Im looking for the most, is a similar gaming experience as with BF2 or SWAT4. That is, involvement with the game. Ive written countless of materials about both games, gone indepth in certain aspects (weapons chart and "manual" for SWAT4, which Im very proud of, as funny as it may not sound, and jet stats for BF2, aswell as dogfighters mind guide). To like a game so much that youre willing to spend time to decode its nuances, and have genuine and great fun from it, thats what Im looking for.

Comment

You know, I feel out of gaming big time a couple years after QuakeIII came out. Got completely burnt out. I would play some StarCraft and some Age of Empires2 but nothing really grabbed me. It was Desert Combat that really put the hook back in me and then BF2.

I have walked away from BF2 for a few weeks. And ET is still keeping my attention. Maybe it is a time in your life where you can refocus your energy? Pickup a new activity, sport? Chase ***, or go to the gym? I know you work hard on your career and getting over to the West, but is there anything else that you think could dominate your life a little?

Comment

I just played CoD4 Demo for a few hours, man that was pretty intense, give it a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X