Absolutely NOTHING to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Absolutely NOTHING to play

You know, I feel out of gaming big time a couple years after QuakeIII came out. Got completely burnt out. I would play some StarCraft and some Age of Empires2 but nothing really grabbed me. It was Desert Combat that really put the hook back in me and then BF2.
    This is exactly how I would describe it, as being burned out of gaming.

As for subtitutes, Im a college student (chasing *** is as natural as breathing oxygen) and I love airsoft (physical activity, aswell as constant mindtraining and direct mano o mano competition). With the risk of sounding like a nerd, I like videogames and the fun factor in fragging can only be compared to the adrenaline rush and genuine fear while doing reconaissance mission in the middle of the night in hostile territory (mil sim events).

GS, Im downloading COD4 as we speak. It looks to offer everything I look for in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger
      I just played CoD4 Demo for a few hours, man that was pretty intense, give it a shot
      few hours? I beat it in like 30 minutes...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
        Youre a *******, please /wrists. If you want to whore for some attention, do it with a little more style, stupid e-thug.

===

I dont really consider any of BF2 mods to be a replacement for exhaustion of BF2.

i allmost trashed my bf2, got so tired of same crap, and tried the PR mod & cant quit playing it now.

i mean do what you want but if you never tried it ,u might like it.:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
          few hours? I beat it in like 30 minutes...
          yeah well I beat it at all the levels, I admit it I took the noob course first LOL
          but then I went back and played at the other skill levels as well, then I played it at the advanced level a few more times
          just because you beat it doesnt mean you have to stop playing it

Comment

Chris, I still find it bizarre that you don't like project reality given your taste in the realistic and the tactical - you really should try it again
            Anyway my advice, try something different, dust off your copy of Falocn 4.0 or play company of heroes

Comment

The Orange Box just came out... That's like 35+ hours of just missions. Not to mention online play.

Comment

UT3 demo should be out soon, try that. I can`t wait to play it, gonna give my old Q2 and Unreal mates a call when it`s out.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r View Post
                  Chris, I still find it bizarre that you don't like project reality given your taste in the realistic and the tactical - you really should try it again
                  Anyway my advice, try something different, dust off your copy of Falocn 4.0 or play company of heroes
                  Not really bizarre. I really like close quarters realistic games because of the much, much faster pace aswell as forced teamplay, everything is sped up, so it combines the fun factor from the action, and the thinking mans game into one fluid combination. PR isnt quite like that, not really like that at all.

Comment

BIOSHOCK Chris?

Comment

Played it, disliked it. Onlyplayed for the story, which was good.

Tried COD4 Demo, thats my game, yup.

Comment

Yay,i convert more and more people to cod4 every day .

Comment

I don't know how you relate "realistic" and "fast paced" so much. Realism = slower pace. Speeding things up also does not correlate to more team play. I have yet to play a game with more teamplay than PR. At any rate it is probably not for you seeing as you want a faster paced game, but I enjoy PR more than any other game out there.

Comment

Originally posted by solodude23 View Post
                            I don't know how you relate "realistic" and "fast paced" so much. Realism = slower pace. Speeding things up also does not correlate to more team play. I have yet to play a game with more teamplay than PR. At any rate it is probably not for you seeing as you want a faster paced game, but I enjoy PR more than any other game out there.
                            its a great mod, not that other mods arent there good, but if you like realism its only way to go IMO.

i used to say "damn gotta walk a mile" LOL its not that bad. i like the weapons they do alot of damage, & blood spurts when you hit someone. awsome

Comment

Originally posted by solodude23 View Post
                              Realism is all about fast pace. Youre confusing fast movement speed and pace. The open realistic games are slow in almost every category, the closed (indoors) realistic games offer an extreme battlefield where the mind races faster than the keys are pressed on the keyboard. PR doesnt offer that kind of fun. In real life, combat is also all about speed, not slow.

SWAT4 certain gamemodes take a lot more teamwork to be successful at.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                                Realism is all about fast pace. Youre confusing fast movement speed and pace. The open realistic games are slow in almost every category, the closed (indoors) realistic games offer an extreme battlefield where the mind races faster than the keys are pressed on the keyboard. PR doesnt offer that kind of fun. In real life, combat is also all about speed, not slow.

SWAT4 certain gamemodes take a lot more teamwork to be successful at.
                                everybody is different i guess, i dont think it is slow. if the teamwork is there, it is fast paced, if your in a suckie team yeah makes a long game.

Comment

Working...
                                X