Hitting parachuters with your plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitting parachuters with your plane

It's been my goal for a while now to hit people who bail out of their planes when you're on their tails with my own plane. I figure it would be pretty much the ultimate "My plane is better than your plane" (because for the most part, that's how it goes on air maps) kill.

Today I succeeded.

Except, it didn't go anywhere near as planned. As I crashed into him with my indestructable J-10, it blew up, and credited him with the kill. How's that for irony?

I guess my new goal is to cannon them. That's more of a "I'm better than you" kill though, and I don't know if I have them kinds of skills

Re: Hitting parachuters with your plane

Curse them and their stone parachutes, stopping planes in their tracks and whatnot!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrenart

I guess my new goal is to cannon them. That's more of a "I'm better than you" kill though, and I don't know if I have them kinds of skills
      Ive done it twice. The first was just by blind luck, I was still shooting at his plane but hit him instead. Now anytime someone bails on me I always try to shoot them with the cannons.

Comment

I tried it once when I was in a helo and killed myself....needless to say I haven't done it since :P .

Comment

The exact same thing happened to me the body of the parachuter blew me up and he got credit wtf?? he then spammed the message board telling everyone his body blew me up

Comment

lol i hate it when i am parashooting and a teammate jumps on it and dies and i get a TK >: (

Comment

IMHO i just feel EA/Dice are trying to say that the parachute gets tangled into the engine and stuff, but exagerating the explosion...

Comment

That's really weird, I've not seen this happening myself but there's no way I'd expect you to be killed by running into someone's chute. You can run people over with planes by flying low with no damage and these "concrete" chutes make no sense.

Oh well, another BF2 "feature".

I did see this happen once playing BF1942. It was on Midway and the japanese had only the small island base and of course it was being bombed to heck. A guy was shot down by ground fire and bailed and was hit by a plane on his own team following him. Very very funny :-)

Comment

I have only hit one guy one time when they were Parashootting down, I hit them wih my jet and BLOW! I get killed and he gets a kill

Comment

shouldent they just fall to the ground if the chutes are concrete?

Comment

Originally posted by =Android=
                      The exact same thing happened to me the body of the parachuter blew me up and he got credit wtf?? he then spammed the message board telling everyone his body blew me up
                      Yeah, the guys in parachutes are like Superman :hmm:

Comment

Yeah, I hate when people bail out on me so I did go for the ram once with said results. I figured of I nicked it with a wing but nope.

Recently near the end of a round a guy bailed on me so I bailed too and followed him to the ground and shot him. Very happy about that, how dare he try and cop out on taking a death. :evil:

Comment

I remember killing one guy parachuting over the chinese airfield on Dalian Plant with the J-10 by just flying through him, more or less accidentally. But no, I didn't explode. :laugh:

Comment

I got shat on yesterday, I jumped out of a black hawk as some missiles were coming in, opened my shoot, then I died as the black hawk blew up with 5 or so people in it, I got 5 team kills!!!!

Comment

Never done it in a plane, but I thought I'd get a "road kill" in a cobra once and gave the guy 2 kills 'cause his chute took out our helo...meh. something I'll never do again, but I will fly close enough to let the gunner do his thing

Comment

Working...
                              X