• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB, a heads up

you click allow lol!

Comment

This has been a problem for me for the 48 hours to the point where I have been kicked 14 times (Not that stats matter but it shows up anyway)

If anyone has any ideas other than what is listed below I would be extremely grateful and in their debt.

I have gone through all of the following http://tinyurl.com/2vgjoq(that link may help someone else by the way just cut and paste)

My problem is firstly when running the re install programme PnkbstrB is timedout and Pnkbstrk Is not found.

Then when I join a server I get kicked for PnkbstrB not Handshaking

By the way I have no firewalls or antivirus blocking anything.(As for the rest check the top link I have done it all)

What I love about Punkbuster (sarcasim) is that they can not provide an answer which means that I have to retire from this game which is a real *****.

I hope that there is someone who can help or I will be left to spend my nights talking to the Wife which is a pain worse than Death

Comment

I just got kicked 7 times straight because the punkbrasta handshake failed. :evil:

Comment

There is no need to even use a firewall if your using a Nat router.. which everyone should be behind one even if your not using multiple computers. The hardware firewall alone on a simple and cheap router is plenty as long as your smart enough to keep your computer virus and spyware clean.

I suggest Avast anti-virus and spybot S&D for spyware removal and you have nothing to worry about..so just disable windows firewall and remove others if your using them cause they are really not needed.

Trust me I do Comp/Tech support and repairs for a living. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
            There is no need to even use a firewall if your using a Nat router.. which everyone should be behind one even if your not using multiple computers. The hardware firewall alone on a simple and cheap router is plenty as long as your smart enough to keep your computer virus and spyware clean.

I suggest Avast anti-virus and spybot S&D for spyware removal and you have nothing to worry about..so just disable windows firewall and remove others if your using them cause they are really not needed.

Trust me I do Comp/Tech support and repairs for a living. :salute:
            i have to agree with that...i use a basic router no firewall(or windows firewall) running ,also use kaspersky anti-virus and spybot,pc clean no problems with punkbuster yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Verzili
              i have to agree with that...i use a basic router no firewall(or windows firewall) running ,also use kaspersky anti-virus and spybot,pc clean no problems with punkbuster yet.
              I will NEVER recommend Kaspersky... horrible program that likes to hose systems..

Avast and spybot FTW!

Comment

Complex router, Nod32, and spybotsd...no problem with punkbuster.

Comment

I just wanted to chime in and say that the solution as posted above for adding the two services to the ACCEPTION list has worked for me. What I don't understand is why, PnkBstrA.exe continues to run after BF2.exe is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by sava700 View Post
                    I will NEVER recommend Kaspersky... horrible program that likes to hose systems..

Avast and spybot FTW!
                    note sure what you mean by hose the system,but i chose it due to it being very light on my system,regular updates and is in number 2 in the top 10 anti-virus list(at the time)

Comment

note sure what you mean by hose the system,but i chose it due to it being very light on my system,regular updates and is in number 2 in the top 10 anti-virus list(at the time)

It alone would be fine..but it doesn't work well with alot of other programs. If you want light on the system and updates etc.. Avast is what you want if you stick to free.

If you want the best then Nod32 FTW! but its pay per year.

Comment

im having a hell of a time here and i am so frustrated because ive spent so many hours trying to figure this out and i cannot find any solution :shakehead: i never had this problem before and i've been playing for a few months on this pc and i never changed anything and one day, bam, it starts doing this....

heres my problem, when i reboot the system both punkbusters will be "running" (they are on automatic) ... then i play the game and when i join a server, within 1 minute i will be brought to the desktop with it saying that "punkbuster B" has been closed which then causes me to be kicked from the server and for a moment appears on the services as "stopped" ... when i leave the game and look at what is running in services however both A and B are once again "running"

how do i get punkbuster B to not "stop working" during gameplay? it just will not stay working no matter what server i'm on. i have never had this problem before up till 2 days ago. i reinstalled the game and i also updated punkbuster. can someone help me?

Comment

Your windows firewall may be blocking it... Go back a page in this thread.. I listed the procedure for this... Try it at least.

Comment

windows firewall is off ;\ im just behind a router

Comment

Originally posted by kr4z30g View Post
                              windows firewall is off ;\ im just behind a router
                              Doesn't matter. My firewall is off too and I use a router so TRY IT!!! You want help right?, Well there you go!

Comment

i just looked at your post and i am using windows vista so i can't really figure out what to do since your using xp - let me know if you have any ideas ;(

Comment

Working...
                                X