Changing names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changing names

That also does not allow auto name changing cheats.
    One of the most common anti-ban trick included in cheats is an auto name chaning code. The program picked (or asked the user to choose) some names, and changed between them very fast.
    The poor admins could not type the "... ban PLAYERNAME..." command because he changed names all the time. You have to be very luckey / with supreme timing to ban them.
    This is not possible in BF2 thanks to the unfriendly UI :laugh:

Comment

I used to hate that in Counter Strike. I learned early on that to take care of that you would have to openn up the console and type in "Status" and get the Steam ID that way...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bickus^Dickus
        Yeah but you cant edit your name? so how can you add a prefix?
        when u log in to bf2 before you log into the account in the upper right hand corner of the log in box it says Prefix: and then you type it in there

Comment

it has downsides and plus sides,iether way i can't see us being able to do it

Comment

dam , i hope you can edit your name becuz i have a section n it with a permenant prefix..=(

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
              You can have your standard name:

Pwner_Of_Nubs

Your name with a prefix would look like this, the [DiE] being the clan for illustrative purposes only:

[DiE] Pwner_Of_Nubs
              Thanks for the heads up guys.

Comment

Start another account is the simple solution.

Against it or not, you have to see both sides. If someone wants a name change make it so that it will not cause a problem, or a great problem. Such as one name change is allowed per month or something.

Comment

i would love to change my name cos it sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    Throughout 2-3 years of casual FPS gaming Im glad that BF2 has an account system. Im pretty damn sure all admins are grateful for that aswell.

Having adminned a SWAT4 server for more than half a year, a first hand experience in adminning name-switching asshats can be a serious b!tch, especially when the game does indeed allow multiple same names on one server. So imagine you and your clanmates playing, and in comes 3 guys who switch their names after one of your clanmate. They quickly teamkill the sh!t out of both sides successfully ruining the game for 13 other players... And you can only ban and kick them after youve negotiated with your clanmate, that hell switch a name to something else real fast... And this was hard in a 16 player server, imagine the same sh!t in a 64 player server?

The other "great" thing was, that you cant ban people by their username, because there were no GS account system. So you banned an IP adress, they just restarted their modem and came back in. And you cant put an IP range ban because one or more of your clanmates are in the same range.

Add the great possibility of hacking into servers and shutting them down, into equation, and you got yourself a LOT of problems.

So, when BF2142 comes out, do as I did with BF2, select a few usernames, and "copyright" (register) them all, you wont regret it.
                    I found that too when admining for jolt. VERY frustrating having people name switching and having fake nicks. The BF2 system is good as it is because it sort of discourages people from messing around too much incase they get a bad reputation. Unless they make another account...

Comment

Working...
                    X