Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single shot, dont get it? or am i missing the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single shot, dont get it? or am i missing the point?

For some weird reason I`m more accurate long range using auto than single, and that is using single shots on auto, or burst (m16). The bullets hit 80% of the times. When on single, I can`t hit s*it, even with the m16.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
      L85 on single shot works perfectly, the timing between shots is enough to make every single shot hit, if you delay it slightly.

So inaccurate on auto though (the first shot almost always hits).
      Never figured this out. Sometimes it's a miracle and clearly the best weapon in game, sometimes it misses too much. That is all at distance and single shot mode. Haven't figured out what delay between single shots is the best

Comment

More of a full-auto player myself, but I prefer more up-close, Infantry fighting. My weapon of choice is usually the AK. I can click it in short bursts for targets at distance if needed, and I can go full-auto through the clip and lay waste to 2-3 targets in a heated battle.

I will use single shot from time to time when I'm playing USMC, as I'm not fond of the 3 round burst on the G36E.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
          Never figured this out. Sometimes it's a miracle and clearly the best weapon in game, sometimes it misses too much. That is all at distance and single shot mode. Haven't figured out what delay between single shots is the best
          I typically keep my weapon in full auto and "tap" in 1 to 2 shot bursts for medium to long range encounters. With the L85A1 though at times it's like it doesn't register the pause in between clicks as if there's some minimum "settling" time before the deviation returns to the minimum levels of the first shot. On single shot zoomed though and compensating for the sights being slightly off, head shots are pretty easy. I've never had a problem with it not hitting in single shot mode.

Comment

personally i never use single shot

Comment

I only use single-shot if it's a gun with burst... IE M16... thats seriously the only time I use single.

Auto is WAY better if you can actually control it. Single is just for people that can't control the gun that good yet. If you actually purposely never use single-shot, you will be able to do single shot in auto, but still be able to go close range or throw a burst or two in if they aren't that far.. Only time I will literally shoot 1 bullet at a time, multiple times, is when it's a sniper or something VERY far away (like if I can barely see him). Other than that, full auto all the time is the best thing to use.

Comment

i stay on full auto when moving around and then switch to single shot when I try to hit someone at long range. Its not that hard to just hit 3.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
                  I only use single-shot if it's a gun with burst... IE M16... thats seriously the only time I use single.

Auto is WAY better if you can actually control it. Single is just for people that can't control the gun that good yet. If you actually purposely never use single-shot, you will be able to do single shot in auto, but still be able to go close range or throw a burst or two in if they aren't that far.. Only time I will literally shoot 1 bullet at a time, multiple times, is when it's a sniper or something VERY far away (like if I can barely see him). Other than that, full auto all the time is the best thing to use.
                  Thats exactly what i mean, well put. And yeah i meant for Auto and single shot guns, not including burst weapons. 3 bullet fire mode is probably the worst for control, although some kickass weapons have it. Imagine an auto G36E....

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                    Imagine an auto G36E....
                    the stuff dreams are made from..

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                      For some weird reason I`m more accurate long range using auto than single, and that is using single shots on auto, or burst (m16). The bullets hit 80% of the times. When on single, I can`t hit s*it, even with the m16.
                      Strange, the only way I can hit anything with m16 is to be in semi auto with iron sights. full auto doesn't work for me. I actually use the m16 to do mid range speed shooting/sniping on city maps.

Comment

The M16 doesn't have full auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob848 View Post
                          The M16 doesn't have full auto.
                          By full auto I meant 3 shot burst of course.

Comment

sure...... j/k

Comment

If the weapon has full auto, I usually just don't switch to single to fire a single shot. If it is burst/single, I switch to single to fire over distances.

Comment

Try using the G3 on full auto and you'll be reloading after every single kill. The weapon does a massive amount of damage per shot so firing a 5 round burst and killing a target in 2 hits wastes 3 rounds. Better to conserve that ammo in the clip for that medic running around the corner to revive the guy you just shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X