Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single shot, dont get it? or am i missing the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single shot, dont get it? or am i missing the point?

I dont get it.

I noticed A LOT of posts saying "single shot over full auto" but i dont understand why.

Reasons Why IMO auto is better:
    -best for close quarters
    -can shoot just like single shot, but with quick clicks (not hard to do at all)
    -good for when an enemy comes a runnin from a nearby corner
    -easier to control bursts

Then people say "single shot has better accuracy".... I want to know this:
    1) better accuracy meaning it forces the gun to shoot slower, making you more hit more bullets? (in other words, putting a limit on your deviation).
    2) Or does the actual coding of the gun change in single shot mode?

I doubt its the latter, but if its #1, people have to come to realize single shot is useless on A/1 option guns.

Re: Single shot, dont get it? or am i missing the point?

It's the recoil. Single shot tends to be better at long range.

Comment

Originally posted by numerobofis View Post
      see that makes no sense! why even bother putting it on single shot when u can keep it on auto and fire bursts???

Comment

Because guns like the L85, ak-101/47, G3, etc. work better at long distances on single shot. Being in semi gives you total, 100% control over your shot. The will be no slip-up on the timing as can happen with auto.
        Also, sometimes in auto shooting single shots, the animation and sound will show as two shots being fired possibly distracting the shooter, hence less accuracy.

And I do know what your saying about timing the shots in auto and I usually do this--firing in pairs or triples. I'd say truthfully that the only gun for long distance encounters that should be on semi is the L85.

Comment

Its for distance, with the G36E i often switch to single shot to take out snipers. I can shoot a few bullets and drop them before they know what hit em, as there is almost no recoil. If i was on burst, most of my shots would miss and the sniper flees with only an injury.
          Tried burst and single, single is always better at distance for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
            see that makes no sense! why even bother putting it on single shot when u can keep it on auto and fire bursts???
            Because chances are that nothing will hit after the first bullet, so no point in wasting ammo. You try and take out some guys head at 150 meters with an assault rifle firing in bursts. It just doesn't work, then you have to wait a while before the weapon "settles" again. Single shot, about 0.5 sec of a gap between shots and 90% will land on the target.

Comment

I used to think single shot was the key but did not want to walk around a corner and bumb into the enemy and shot one bullet at him or have to press very quickly as in both cases you are dead if its someone with even a littel bit skill,so i used to change firing modes ALL the time,single shot for wide open spaces and fully auto in case i got ambushed going around corners,untill one day i forgot to change form fully auto to single shot when the land opened out and i seen a bad guy,so i used controlled shots and killed him at long range,i tryed this some months ago but could not get it to work as i used to try and fire 5-7 bullets with one press,now i fire one bullet at i time in fully auto and normally get the kill after only 2 presses,so it works great and now i don't get ambushed going aroung corners anymore,so yes i totaly agree with you,their is no need to have it on single shot if you just controll your shooting and the main thing is at long range try to shoot ONLY one bullet with every press of the trigger.
              However 3 months ago i would never been able to agree with you as i used to think single shot would win at long range anyday but i have since seen the light and get about 70% more kills and about 70% less deaths too.

Comment

Originally posted by numerobofis View Post
                Agree, i often shoot single shots at long range.

Comment

G3 + Single shot + long range enemy= 1 kill for u

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
                    Because even on short burst - 2-3 rounds - it's less accurate than single shot.

Many times I've gone 1 on 1 with a guy and I can hear his rounds bouncing all around me and I take him out 1,2,3 on single shot. He's probably burned off most of a clip and maybe hit me once.

Comment

L85 on single shot works perfectly, the timing between shots is enough to make every single shot hit, if you delay it slightly.

So inaccurate on auto though (the first shot almost always hits).

Comment

full auto ftw!

but for g3 single

save ammo as well

Comment

this prob doesnt apply to bf2 but u can check. in a older game, i remember that if u fired single shots while the gun was set to full auto, the gun would still be less accurate than firing single shots while the gun was set to single shot mode. becuz of that, i just use single shot mode. as i say again, it most liekly doesnt apply to bf2

and ppl prob use single shot mode for better control. save ammo, so they dont accidetally fire a burst instead of a single shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                            this prob doesnt apply to bf2 but u can check. in a older game, i remember that if u fired single shots while the gun was set to full auto, the gun would still be less accurate than firing single shots while the gun was set to single shot mode. becuz of that, i just use single shot mode. as i say again, it most liekly doesnt apply to bf2

and ppl prob use single shot mode for better control. save ammo, so they dont accidetally fire a burst instead of a single shot.
                            Nope. In the BF games manually firing single shots in full auto mode is no different than using single shot mode.

Comment

It's quite easy to switch between auto and single-shot and I would say you're best off using both. I run around in full auto, but pressing down on my middle mouse button is the same as pressing 3 for me - it toggles full auto/single-shot or brings up my main weapon. If I happen to see someone at a distance, I switch to single-shot and fire away.

Comment

Working...
                              X