The L85: Inconsistent Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The L85: Inconsistent Results

I got the L85 a week or two ago, but can't seem to get consistent accuracy with it. I read in a few forums and gamefaqs pages that it was one of the most accurate, and I have managed to get a number of headshots with it. The problem is, one second it is hitting, then it isn't. I shoot someone 1 or 2 times, it hits. I shoot someone aiming in the same way and it misses an entire clip worth of shots. Sometimes it misses at 10meters on single shot while prone: I will be 2 shots from killing someone, having hit them 4 times, and I unload about 6 rounds and they dont even hit, even though the sights are still in the same [correct] place. What gives?

On the other hand, enemy medics seem to be able to kill me in one burst on full auto. My gun rarely hits anything on automatic, even if I am prone and take burst shots. I usually hit well with both the MEC and M16 weapons, but I can't hit crap with this L85. Is there any advice any of you have to help me fix this problem, so I can be more effective on the team. I currently only stay in the top 5 of the 64 player servers, but I figure I could do a lot better if I could figure out how my most *accurate* gun works. Thanks.

Re: The L85: Inconsistent Results

well this might sound daft but if you're having success with the M16 / Ak then stick to them.

the unlocks aren't necessarily better just an aleternative

and i find its just patience, if you find a decent spot that allows you to fire slowly then it becomes alot easier, i also find a quick squeeze of two rounds near the chest neck area works quite well

Comment

Stick to stock. The L85A1 is good for Jala cause of all the snipers, cept for that the AKs and the M16 pwn on other maps.

Cheers

Comment

i have the same problem with the l85,sometimes its a beast then sometimes its as limp as lame as alex

Comment

Its best to get used to the defaults when they will do but practice and expermentation will solve your problem here. alsoat long range watch for bullet drop.

Comment

It is actually not that accurate of a gun. It's the scope that makes it good for 'sniping'. Try it out in single shot mode if you're shooting long range, that helps the accuracy a lot.

Comment

Get the second medic unlock lol :laugh: It hits even if you cant aim But yes.. I recommend the default weapons too, they arent bad

Comment

Its a good gun, but takes a bit of getting used to.

Here is a vid of some good kills with it if interested:

2 Guns you don't see much of in frag vids. This annoyed me for a while because I wanted to see how the pros use them..Then I decided to make 1.

Comment

I thought the crosshairs weren't centered.

Comment

use the G36e, its better.

the L85 takes alot of getting used to but it gets very easy to headshot so you wont need the extra rounds to hit..

i never used it on auto not even for cqb

Comment

I've been going for my medic badges and have been using it exclusively for the past few days - to me it seems uberaccurate going full-auto, but much less so in single shot and short burst. I know that doesn't make any sense, but that's my experience with it.

It is great for sniping, however, you might miss a lot on single fire, but I've been amazed at how far I've been able to engage snipers and other bad guys and take them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman View Post
                        I've been going for my medic badges and have been using it exclusively for the past few days - to me it seems uberaccurate going full-auto, but much less so in single shot and short burst. I know that doesn't make any sense, but that's my experience with it.

It is great for sniping, however, you might miss a lot on single fire, but I've been amazed at how far I've been able to engage snipers and other bad guys and take them out.
                        yep, i had fun shooting people the length of the hanger bay on gator, a few one shot HS aswell, running while i was stood up

then i have problems killing a stationary target while i'm prone. lol BF2

Comment

Originally posted by NimitySSJ View Post
                          I got the L85 a week or two ago, but can't seem to get consistent accuracy with it. I read in a few forums and gamefaqs pages that it was one of the most accurate, and I have managed to get a number of headshots with it. The problem is, one second it is hitting, then it isn't. I shoot someone 1 or 2 times, it hits. I shoot someone aiming in the same way and it misses an entire clip worth of shots. Sometimes it misses at 10meters on single shot while prone: I will be 2 shots from killing someone, having hit them 4 times, and I unload about 6 rounds and they dont even hit, even though the sights are still in the same [correct] place. What gives?

On the other hand, enemy medics seem to be able to kill me in one burst on full auto. My gun rarely hits anything on automatic, even if I am prone and take burst shots. I usually hit well with both the MEC and M16 weapons, but I can't hit crap with this L85. Is there any advice any of you have to help me fix this problem, so I can be more effective on the team. I currently only stay in the top 5 of the 64 player servers, but I figure I could do a lot better if I could figure out how my most *accurate* gun works. Thanks.
                          Dont even think about using it on full auto. Even your your half a meter away from a guy you'll still miss. Stick to single auto and just click fast in CQC. L85 rapes everything is used correctly.

Me(L85):ar15: -----------------------------------> :dead: Noob (M16)

Comment

hey is ur ping good? i know sometimes that will throw any gun off target, just a thought, i've never had any problems with it myself.

Comment

i wont even comment on this thread since i have posted lengthy guides about the L85 in another 30 or so zomg l85 teh sux, G36 ftwrofl, with about 30,000 L85 kills under my belt i have learned a few things about the gun, and how it is simply the best gun for any situation put in the right hands, but those hands are very few and far between, so your going to keep getting zomg t!s gunz iz teh sux because people find it easier to kill with the other guns. feel free to flame the , that just shows your inability to master/at least learn each and every rifle independantly so, oh look i am out of ammo, none to be found, i will grab this kit and use this rifle just as effectively as any others, ok apparently i commented, but at least i didn't try to explain how to use it effectively, i would have just got i still can't use it so it must suck because i cannot kill with it answers.

Comment

Working...
                              X