New Dell XPS 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Dell XPS 400

Switch old graphics card with the new. That should fix problems.

Don't buy from dell. Ever. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by coolbho3000
      Switch old graphics card with the new. That should fix problems.
      I think his new PC is PCIe and his old one used AGP, so I don't think that would work.

Originally posted by coolbho3000
      Don't buy from dell. Ever. Again.
      At least if you're planning on buying a gaming desktop

Comment

Lol I didn't even build this computer... our old HP died... literally.. and we just got a basic home computer to take its place and I felt like playing some BF2 on it... it wasn't coming close to being a gaming comp people lmfao:evil: :evil: :evil:

Comment

Well, if you just want the quality of your 6800gt, a 7600gt would do you well. They're $145 at newegg.

Comment

I'm gonna do some research and scrap up some money and slam together a new comp with a GeForce 7900 GTX and a few gigs of ram and see how it works out. You guys know some good sites with that? Like TigerDirect of something?

Comment

Originally posted by EliteMarine
              I'm gonna do some research and scrap up some money and slam together a new comp with a GeForce 7900 GTX and a few gigs of ram and see how it works out. You guys know some good sites with that? Like TigerDirect of something?
              can i have ur xps 400

Comment

Originally posted by EliteMarine
                Newegg is usually the best. Zipzoomfly, mwave, tigerdirect, monarchcomputers, and tankguys are also supposed to be pretty reliable. Personally, I have only gotten my parts from newegg and the Intel store for employees there. How much money are you planning on geting for this setup and when do you plan to build it?

Comment

Actually I've pretty much always been on a price-restricted state... I've decided the hell with it and build performance all the way baby... as long as it's not insanley crazy.

I'm not sure when I'll start building it... soon would be best, but I got a lot of business goin' on right now so that might not be possible.

Comment

I could make a list of parts if you gave a budget, but the PC industry moves really fast; new stuff seems to be coming out all the time. Prices can change a lot, and there are often a few killer deals on particular products for like a week or something.... so you can't really set what your going to buy and buy it a month later as there will probably be better deals by then.

Comment

Yeh dude for real that would be great... Yeh I definatly don't have a for sure time when I'm gonna be building this thing, is there a way I can contact you when I'm about to start this thing

Comment

Just post here

Comment

Lol Alright, Sounds good:evil:

EDIT: Hey Knght, What do you think about this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150130 to put in my XPS

Comment

It will perform worse than your old 6800gt. After helping quite a few people in a similar situation, I think I've come to the conclusion that the x800gto is actually slightly more powerful (but still not up to par with the 6800gt). So if you want to stay in that $100 price range, I think that the x800gto would be a better choice. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131007
                            I can dig up my benches in a little bit...
                            Originally posted by knghtwhosaysni
                            http://www.guru3d.com/article/content/286/9/
                            http://www.3davenue.com/1401.html
                            http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...x800gto_6.html

The first link shows that the 6800 and the 6800xt are about the same, and the third link shows the x800gto owning the 6800
                            And I was just thinking about my "Just post here" post... You probably should post over at http://forums.fevergaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=306 as well. Quite a few of the knowledgeable hardware people that used to post here now only post over there...

Comment

I got the same processer but 2.8 and the same vid. card never am I going to buy a gaming PC at Dell.. Well some are good but the next one I'm going to make it myself..

Comment

Originally posted by KoMeT*[NL]
                                never am I going to buy a gaming PC at Dell..
                                that's a very good choice

Comment

Working...
                                X