Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cmon lets not all forget about poor little anti air...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cmon lets not all forget about poor little anti air...

Originally posted by DrJambo
    The forum geek has spoken! :salute:

I have different opinion to yours - deal with it. Your inability to discuss, reason and understand with any notable sign of intelligence both amaze and amuse me.
    Hahaha! Oh the bitter irony. If I didnt think so low of you I would tell you something about the pot and the kettle, unfortunately it would simply offend me if I drew any comparision between myself and you.

Your discussion so far has been limited to crying without any arguments whatsoever. I guess you could call that as a "discussion" when youre asking for allowance from your mommy, but it doesnt work quite that way here...

Colossal fail.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo View Post
      Colony, you're still full of it. Get off your high horse. It's nothing about being green with envy, jealous, or however you want to dress it up as. The obscene ratio indicates bad balance, so the two aren't unrelated. It's not the fact that good pilots are nigh impossible to take down that's the problem. It's the fact that one or two pilots can completely dominate proceedings on a map, thereby destroying the fun for the other 32+ players. Of course, the pilots are completely unaware and therefore blissfully ignorant in their own egocentric way.

As for BF2142, it's far from dead, and it's clearly far better off without the likes of you. There are populated servers everwhere you look, so I don't know what dreamland you're on. Bring your head back down from the clouds.
      I'm full of it because I see players on my own team jumping in front of my jet on takeoff? I've seen people switch teams just to stand in front of my jet on takeoff trying to discourage me from taking off.

To their apparent amazement, I take off anyway and run them over. Oh, but of course they must quickly press page up at an attempt to boot me off the server.

It is not a fairy tale.

As for 2142, alot of players have left or never showed up. BF2 consistently has around 3 times as many players playing at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by colony View Post
        I'm full of it because I see players on my own team jumping in front of my jet on takeoff? I've seen people switch teams just to stand in front of my jet on takeoff trying to discourage me from taking off.

To their apparent amazement, I take off anyway and run them over. Oh, but of course they must quickly press page up at an attempt to boot me off the server.

It is not a fairy tale.

As for 2142, alot of players have left or never showed up. BF2 consistently has around 3 times as many players playing at any given time.
        Interestingly you don't get much of that behaviour in BF2142. If you want a go of a tank there's usually one, if you want a go of the gunship there's usually one. Furthermore, there's almost no deliberate teamkilling or standing in the way of vehicles because some other player with a faster computer got in the best vehicle first (that happened all the time in BF2). Either that says a lot for the game or the people that are playing it...

As for numbers, just how many people do you need to play a game? lol. 30,000 or 32? When I log into BF2142 I see countless servers that are full or near full. Given that I can play in only one at a time, I don't see how if one game's got 10,000 playing at one time and the other 30,000 that it makes a blind bit of difference...

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        Your discussion so far has been limited to crying without any arguments whatsoever. I guess you could call that as a "discussion" when youre asking for allowance from your mommy, but it doesnt work quite that way here...
        Chris, as to my opinion I voiced that before colony's initial reply. Not only that but it's been voiced many times before in similar discussions. As usual, you've decided to take the discussion to the toilet. If you want to aspire to anything more than the local urinal drinker then you'll have to first learn some manners as well as some basic communication skills... :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo
          The forum geek has spoken! :salute:

I have different opinion to yours - deal with it. Your inability to discuss, reason and understand with any notable sign of intelligence both amaze and amuse me.
          DrJambo you lost this discussion a long time ago. So why dont you just admit that your wrong and me and Chris_Redfield are right?

Comment

Furthermore, there's almost no deliberate teamkilling or standing in the way of vehicles because some other player with a faster computer got in the best vehicle first (that happened all the time in BF2). Either that says a lot for the game or the people that are playing it...
            The fondest memory I had in BF2142 was a guy who used a Walker. So I ran after him asking for a pickup. He ran away. I was using an engineer kit mind you. So I said I was going to ride shotgun with him to help him out as he was doing quite well. He teamkilled me and said he wanted to "wh0re" the walker all by himself.

And it wasnt by the only case by far, just the most amusing one.

BF2142 has everything BF2 had.

As usual, you've decided to take the discussion to the toilet.
            You have got to be kidding me! :laugh:

Comment

Interestingly you don't get much of that behaviour in BF2142. If you want a go of a tank there's usually one, if you want a go of the gunship there's usually one. Furthermore, there's almost no deliberate teamkilling or standing in the way of vehicles because some other player with a faster computer got in the best vehicle first (that happened all the time in BF2). Either that says a lot for the game or the people that are playing it...

As for numbers, just how many people do you need to play a game? lol. 30,000 or 32? When I log into BF2142 I see countless servers that are full or near full. Given that I can play in only one at a time, I don't see how if one game's got 10,000 playing at one time and the other 30,000 that it makes a blind bit of difference...
              That behavior is not prevalent in 2142 mostly because of the useless nature of the vehicles. They are mostly there for show, and people cannot score as much and do not become green with envy of other players.

Lets take Camp Gibraltar as an example. I remember being a commander, instantly EMP bombing a Walker, then immediately firing artillery that hits it one time destroying it. Said Walker does not spawn again for literally 5 or so minutes later.

This is just one example of the useless nature of vehicles in the game. This also goes for transport vehicles, since you can ignore them altogether and pod out to flags from titans or APC.

Comment

Chris, they just aren't the same. I'm not being biased in anyway, BF2142 just doesn't have the same degree of teamkilling for vehicles as BF2 does. Colony's right when he says the vehicles aren't as powerful. It's true, they aren't. The playing field has been levelled considerably so that even a mere soldier or two can take out a tank, gunship, apc or whatever. The odds are still firmly with the latter, but the balance is better, and whether or not it's considered close to real life doesn't concern me one iota when I'm playing a computer game. THose with great scores and good k:d ratios in BF2142 really bloody deserve them, since one isn't as safe in a vehicle as one is in a tank or jet in BF2.

In BF2 the vehicles are dominant, so much so that if you're the soldier left without a vehicle on many of the maps, then you're nothing more than cannon fodder. Hence all the teamkilling for jets, attack choppers and to a lesser extent tanks. Those having the most fun were the ones with the fast computers and the best vehicles. The cries for infantry only mode arose from just such imbalances. After all, you don't hear cries for an IO mode in BF2142. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not a proponent of IO either; I believe DICE went too far and IO is nothing more than a boring medic fest with lots or running.

Comment

THose with great scores and good k:d ratios in BF2142 really bloody deserve them, since one isn't as safe in a vehicle as one is in a tank or jet in BF2.
                  When I hit a round with 60+:0 KDR, and Ive flown a total of about 1500 hours, would you think I deserve it or not?

If a newbie goes 50:1(2,3,4) and hes flown 200 hours, would you think he deserves it when noone gives a sh!t about the situation to even go man an STA?

Its all subjective. The so called "balance" in BF2142 is just nerfed vehicles. The situation doesnt require such an input from a groundpounder as BF2 does. For me, thats just fvcking insulting. I went to BF2142 beta, and had an insane KDR playing against vehicles running as engineer. Alone!

In WW2, a tank was worth 50 men. Thats a quaranteed 50:1 KDR. I am not drawing comparisions here but in BF2 its a lot lower than that, plus the tactical environment ensures that a player who BOTHERS, will get the kill over the tank. Unfortunately most players dont bother. Thats where vehicles prevail, people lose and newbies *****.

BF2 isnt perfect, but it has the balance set up good in theory, it just needs the jets to be altered and a few mobile STAs added and thats it.

Weaker vehicles and more powerful antivehicular weapons just made BF2142 duller for the operator and easier for infantry to frag with each other. Easy way out.

Comment

200 hours of flight time is still considered a newbie?

Comment

• Re: Cmon lets not all forget about poor little anti air...

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                      Ive flown a total of about 1500 hours, would you think I deserve it or not?
                      I don't know what you deserve but that's a staggering amount of time!

Comment

Plane whore medal I think.

Comment

Crudely estimated but yeah, Im a planewhore first class (ha). Most of it flown on unranked servers though, about 30% in the Demo. Note that BF2 was my first BF game and the second real FPS that I played so I had have been crawling, limping and standing, going through the whole FPS thingy learning curve. 1500 during 2 years isnt nearly as much considering that an estimated 2000 hours of BF2 is a top Ive played altogether. Hell, even less than that, never really liked it on the ground.

Anyway, back to the point- 1500 hours should almost always win over 3 minutes.

Originally posted by Bird Killer View Post
                          200 hours of flight time is still considered a newbie?
                          If I had to class, 300 would be the mark where youre no longer a newbie.

Comment

Then i have like 200 hour to go till im not a newbie:P

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                              If I had to class, 300 would be the mark where youre no longer a newbie.
                              Wow. And there's me thinking (and my wife telling! ) that I used to play BF2 obsessively right up until I quit October last year. I wracked up just over 400 hours in total as a jack of all trades dabbling in a bit of everything. It appears my "obsession" is but a splash in the pond to some, and might just take me over the "newbie" mark as a whole... lol! :shock:

You must be single Chris?

I wonder if BF2 (ab)use has ever been cited in divorce cases (like Championship Manager has!)?

Comment

Wow. And there's me thinking (and my wife telling! ) that I used to play BF2 obsessively right up until I quit October last year.
                                I had the whole summer free 2 years ago when I broke my foot. Needless to say... 10-14 hour gamedays werent rare. Hell, I even racked 48 hour straight game sessions when the Demo came out, I was obsessed with the game, not as an addiction per se, just pure amazement. As I said, BF2 was the second real FPS I played, I started playing PC games late, just about 3 years ago or so. After the summer I dont think Ive played more than 3 hours a day, 2 at the most and now I rarely play at all. Since September actually. Yeah, I had my "period" :laugh:

I wracked up just over 400 hours in total as a jack of all trades dabbling in a bit of everything. It appears my "obsession" is but a splash in the pond to some, and might just take me over the "newbie" mark as a whole... lol! :shock:
                                LOL, you should see some people on my X-fire list. My crudely estimated 2000 hours fades compared to them, yet they are mostly socially active people having jobs, and (!) being married or commited.

You must be single Chris?
                                Nope, I have a stunningly beautiful 29 year old girlfriend, who also happens to be a model, I myself am studying economics and every time you called me a geek I had a grin on my face.

I wonder if BF2 (ab)use has ever been cited in divorce cases (like Championship Manager has!)?
                                Hmm, you should dig up that thread where some dude complained about his wife here, and then she logged on to totall verbally own the guy, it was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X