• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flares and aa

yep another topic on flares

how do you dodge those jets and AAs in a chopper ffs:censored:

I dont remember last time my flares worked

every time I flare I get hit at least once, no matter what I do, no matter what position Im in

ask PrototypeJC, I play with him alot, alot of times I go crazy and start typing **** coz flares piss me of

anyone else have this problem, no matter what I do I get hit by that missle and ffs whats with loose missles, Im flying around and sudenly out of god knows where a missile comes and fuken blows me up, next thing I see is someguy[J10] me or w\e

and every time I use an AA gun or stinger the first missile always misses, no matter if the guy is using flares or not

is this a connection issue coz Ive ben having alot of connectiong issues lately

Re: flares and aa

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Picture and text should say it all. What you need to do is create as much gap between you and the missile, in such a manner that when the missile passes the flare it wont hae you in its field of vision, which is 45 degrees.

What I suggest you is simple. Avoid the lock and not the missile. Flare upon lockon and not upon release.

Comment

yea I know what you mean but trust me, nothing works, if I hear the lock on sound I run and hide, thats the only thing that saves me

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag View Post
        yea I know what you mean but trust me, nothing works, if I hear the lock on sound I run and hide, thats the only thing that saves me
        Which is maybe the only thing you can do. AA's are meant to lock on to choppers, one set of flares are not really intended to last for any longer period.

Comment

When you get the lockon sound, try throwing flares with a barrel roll to not to let the STA/jet to lock on to you. You have to prevent the missile from being launched in the first place.

Comment

its so frustrating that I wanted to make a video about it at one point

even when Im soloing and I find my self in the gunner seat while locked on, even then I get hit

Comment

its so frustrating that I wanted to make a video about it at one point

even when Im soloing and I find my self in the gunner seat while locked on, even then I get hit
              Thats a fix that came with a patch.

Comment

Man there is a science to all this!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  Thats a fix that came with a patch.
                  oh thats fixed?

Comment

LOL @ that pic Chris.
                    "Crunch's First Officer"
                    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I just flail around in a panic to dodge missiles....it works!

Comment

oh thats fixed?
                        Meaning, even if youre in the gunners seat, you will be locked on to.

And signa, thanks :laugh: , you should know by now that these paint illustrations are my trademark, one more retarded than another.

Dug it up from deep inside my photobucket portfolio under the mess of similar BF2 pics Ive made over a year.

Comment

Flares are very random, somtimes missles jump from the flare to the next heat signal which will be you. Don't try to draw some clever pic of how to use them smartly because there's no real clever use to them. Just flare and move hard in one direction has been working for me.
                          If it's a jet it's best to know what direction they are coming from so you face them and move left or right. If it's mobile aa or stinger, well your co-pilot should have sorted them out.

Pred do u have xfire i'd like to fly with u somtime.

Comment

predragt4 is my xfire

Comment

The ones that piss me off the most are the AA that get instant lock. "Bzzt" Then the AA missile hits like a milisecond after . I've noticed some players are able to get instant lock on from Staic AA too. :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                              X