Pci?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pci?

im looking to upgrade my gpx card but i need a PCI card,unless PCI-e catrds work on PCI slots.

Re: Pci?

If the only card you can use is PCI(which is NOT compatible with PCI-e)...then you may as well do nothing.

There is not a single PCI card on the planet that would play anything beyond an old dated game today...at the lowest settings.

Time for a total upgrade.

Comment

well see im not actually sure if its pci or wat,cause i have a nvidia ge 5500 fx and it runs bf2 so im wondwering if that card is pci or pci express.

Comment

You must likely have AGP. As for the best AGP cards, i have heard that there are some 78GT or something symilar in AGP.

Comment

i saw a 7300le today for 80 mdollars would that be a good card?

Comment

I was actually going to say one of the last PCI cards to get is an FX5500...which you already have.

I'm afraid to say that IS the best/last PCI card...

That 7300le you are thinking of, is PCI-express. According to NewEgg at least, it shows it as PCI-e only.

I'm curious, what kind of computer can play BF2...but has no AGP slot?

Comment

mine

Comment

Start saving money. Combine birthday and Christmas(if you're a youngster), that always worked well for me.

Get a parental loan?

With Conroe coming out in just days...prices for AMD are going to drop almost in half.

Assuming you need everything(CPU, mobo, ram, GPU, PSU, case)...you will have the option of Intel Conroe, or AMD AM2.

I am going to make a guess here, based on your lack of AGP slot...that the ram you currently have should NOT be carried over to any new computer you may be considering.

Therefore you should avoid socket939 AMD's, and concentrate on DDR2 ram with the Conroe or AM2, which both use it.

Save up, you need everything except a hard drive and CD/DVD drives I imagine...

Comment

uhhhhhh yeah im only 15 and pretty much of wat u just said made no sense watsoever i ,i ahve 300 hundred dollars saved up right now and tht amount coming in again for christmas and birthday which is 3 days before christmas.

Comment

wow....lucky birthday , yeah u might want to do a new computer upgrade , i am doing this aswell but near feb.

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo
                      well see im not actually sure if its pci or wat,cause i have a nvidia ge 5500 fx and it runs bf2 so im wondwering if that card is pci or pci express.
                      well if your not sure, look on the motherboard above the slot that the card is in, and should see writing, it may says agp or pci-e, or if you cant find that then look in the motherboard manual. Also pci slots do not have a lock, agp and pci-e have a little slider, or lock to hold the card in, so try to look for those and then that will tell you your slot, alos do you like your cpu, and what socket is it, because with 300 dollars you might as well up garde, or if your current rig can hold you off until christmas than just wait

Comment

well, i say wait for am2 to have its prices drop more by christmas and hope someone buys an entire pc for you on christmas. try hinting around to all your family about it. im sure that will help. lol

Comment

ok so the slots have writing on them to tell me?and i was thinking wouldnt it be cheper if some1 custmoed builded a rig for me?

Comment

Not necessarily cheaper but easier

The cheapest way is to select all the parts, order them from newegg, and then put them together yourself...

Comment

see i dont know anything about maiking comps though,i dont even now wat soclet my mobo is or watever that is,any help appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X