Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lighting setting: LOW, a cheat!?

Originally posted by DeVilish
    Lmfao? turning shadows to low is'nt cheating, so you've just said what?

" if you and i meet in a firefight an i dont see you intime, and you pwn me i'll ban you "

how old are you?
    lol you sound like you couldnt fight ur way out of a paper douche bag if you need your settings to gain advantage a$$wipe...

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
      lol you sound like you couldnt fight ur way out of a paper douche bag if you need your settings to gain advantage a$$wipe...

haha, have me a 1v1 anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by DeVilish
        haha, have me a 1v1 anytime.
        I am easy to find just put =IMO= in your browser....

Comment

Originally posted by Dearmad
          I didn't seriously mean it was a cheat, I was being facetious. But it did point out to me how unequal the environment can be even within the confines of basic gameplay settings.

Oh one other thing is. This setting will have MINIMAL impact on the speed of anyone's gameplay even the lowest end supported cards. It adds something like 100k to 200k or so the memory usage of the video card. Translation: It didn't even need to exist. If you have less than 64MB on your card, go play Pong.
          why would i want to play in the pitch black? i use the low light settings plus i use power strip to crank the gamma up even more. :thatsbad:

Comment

1 post... serious troll bait. N1 though.

Comment

I remember when I used to play CSS i had a really crappy vid card so my Counter Terrorists were light Blue(it rocked) I got a better vid card for BF2 though.

Comment

Meh, I think I'll take a few extra deaths on my record if it means my eyes don't have to be corroded by the ugliness that is low graphics any day of the week.

Comment

hey ill take the high graphics even if it does suposedly have less advateges

Comment

Anyone who is serious about playing just about any first person shooter runs a garbage (visual quality) config.

It's been that way since day one in just about every title released.

Comment

Originally posted by jsr
                      Anyone who is serious about playing just about any first person shooter runs a garbage (visual quality) config.

It's been that way since day one in just about every title released.
                      Then why do some of these people have such awesome setups? Please I'll trade you a computer that MAKES you run on Low settings for your awesome computer.

Comment

yes12exactly ill take that nvidia 7600 or watever u got for my 5500 u people who complain about settings.

Comment

Originally posted by |]S[|Sonic
                          Then why do some of these people have such awesome setups? Please I'll trade you a computer that MAKES you run on Low settings for your awesome computer.
                          Eye candy is for single player games (which I do play).

I'm not going to run F.E.A.R single player with a garbage visual quality because it would detract from the atmosphere.

But for online games, the shadows, flares, particle effects and so on are just annoying so I turn them off.

Comment

How is it poor quality when shading is turn to low. If all your other settings are up, you still have full quality, just no shadows!! Duh!! The quality of the picture is still the same.

I run Med/High settings on almost everything, the game runs smooth and I have no issues with it. My shader is on, but have no problem with someone else not using it. If the want to sit in a dark room that is fine, I nade those rooms before I go in anyway!! The go kaboom, I walk in, no one there!! Easy!! What bugs me are the people that complain that you are the first one in the game because your settings are on low and theres are on high!!! BS. Get over it, your rig is just slower, buying the correct ram, HD and MOBO makes all the difference in the world.

Quick question? How many people here know what CAS and RAS are. Once you understand what these are, you will understand why one computer can be faster at loading.

Jason

Comment

Zomg HAXX!!!111

Lol, its fine.

Comment

Thanks to all those years of close combat SWAT3 I dont mind a low light room...and all those years playing with crappy cards, I rather have all high then to be a lame and have something to my advantage. Thats what people do with glitches, they use it to thier advantages.

Comment

Working...
                                X