Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medic revive 'script' in action?

LOL..

Ok.. to do a running revive, you are running, holding shift..

So you see a dead enemy... As you come up on him (still sprinting), you're looking down on a 45* angle and you are just about over him, you let go of shift, left click, and then hold shift again.

Through this whole process as you get close, you are aiming at the dead guy from about 3m to the time you're over him, and the time to press the actual button is when you are looking at the body with about a 45* angle (you are right next to him but not on top of him).

Also remember it is possible to do 3 instant shocks in a row.

The key is, if you have a mouse like mine (MX518 [any mouse with 2 thumb buttons]), I have my "back" button set for my main gun (weapon 3) and my "forward" button set for weapon 6 (shock paddles).

What you do, is have your shock paddles out, then press click/3/6/click/3/6/click/3/6/click... etc. You can get I think 3 solid instant shocks in a row before you run out of stamina with the shocks. The animation lags behind what is really happening.

So in other words all I am doing is clicking and then hitting back/forward by sliding my thumb forward.. making it easy to do fast.

Always remember don't aim with the damn paddles themselves, use the reticule in the center, and remember you have like a 1 1/2m or so range.

---------------------------------------------------------

Just because someone is doing something that you have never seen or done before, don't just automatically assume that person is not doing it in a legitimate way.. They may have more experience than you, or just know something that you don't. When you see these types of things, instead of b*tching and saying they're cheating in some way shape or form, examine what they're doing and figure out how to do it, and use that to your advantage... FFS

Comment

Originally posted by roflrofl123 View Post
      You suck... What's so spectacular about reviving while moving? Every decent medic does it.
      You lose. Read the original post. The medic was running.

R U N N I N G

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
      Holy **** I can't believe EVERYONE until page 2 thought it to be a macro.. The game has been out for 2 1/2 years.
      I've played BF2 since release and NEVER saw a medic do what I just saw. He looked like he ran over the target and revived him without pausing, or looking down, or anything. It could have been just lag that didn't play the slight animation or something, but it was only this one clan tag's members that were doing this action. No other medic looked out of wack doing their normal 'look down'-revive action. This strange behaviour is why I posted in the first place.

LOL..

Ok.. to do a running revive, you are running, holding shift..

That's pretty fast switching, even for an experienced medic player under fire, for 3 revives in a row.

I don't know how many he did. At least 2 in a row that I saw.

Just because someone is doing something that you have never seen or done before, don't just automatically assume that person is not doing it in a legitimate way.. They may have more experience than you, or just know something that you don't. When you see these types of things, instead of b*tching and saying they're cheating in some way shape or form, examine what they're doing and figure out how to do it, and use that to your advantage... FFS
      Fair enough, but do you have to be an ******* about it? Noone's bitching, noone's complaining, noone is crying. It's just a post about something odd seen in the game. Are you turning into an elitist BF2 player? Oops. too late.

Comment

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag.

Probably not a macro.

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty View Post
          How come in the last few days I'm seeing more and more medics simply running over bodies and reviving them while almost in a full run still?

Even if the revive animation (to crouch, my preference) isn''t playing, the timing still seems to be fast.

Today I was playing on a IO Karkand server (yeah.. garbage) and 2 medics from the CAZ? clan were reviving people 'on the fly'. Literally running over them without skipping a beat, and continuing on to shoot someone. Strange stuff.

I understand that this may not be a 'script' in the traditional sense, but some advanced key-binding function, but it still looks weird.

On a related note, I seem to be getting 1-shot owned by dive proners again (in the sense I am dead before I can even react). I haven't had this problem for several months, now suddenly it seems it's happening again. Maybe it's lag, maybe it isn't.
          It's acctualy very very easy to do, I do it all the time, but if I'm running Fraps or something it takes a bit longer so I prone then switch to gun.

Bassically, take the defib out, and a bit before the body, hit the "fire" botton then press sprint and as you sprint you revive the guy, then switch to gun.

Comment

Chocolate Milk.

Do you want it?

Comment

^^ Why do you keep saying chocolate milk? Like in the "Its so girly" thread?

But yeah, I'd love some good chocolate milk.

Comment

It seems to come in waves. Someone finds a new way of doing stuff, you see it occassionaly, then suddenly EVERYONE is doing it. There seems to be a lot of prone divers again. I guess crouch-fire isn't popular anymore.

I've also noticed a trend for supply guys to shoot PKM/RPK while upright now, and getting the kill. Am I also missing something?

I was clueless for a long time that I could snipe just as well standing as when prone... then I really started owning because then I wasn't rooted while shooting. Perhaps I have to discover this with the supply weapons as well. Currently I just crouch prone with the PKM.
                What he said + there has been an influx of hackers the last week or so. They dont even try to hide it. Saw a guy doing 25-0 consecutive rounds with the M24 on SAK. I know most good snipers out there either personally or stat/account-wise, he wasnt one of them. Looked him up, Sniper Rifle KDR (Overall) 0.81. Yeah and now he is doing 25-0 rounds. I dont think so. Especially if he can fire into alleys that are obscured by fog

I also noticed the Support walking upright and firing with a high degree of accuracy. I have been playing with a Medic account ( Paddles.of.Peace.NL ) for a couple of days and hanging back on maps like SAK and Jala. The stuff you notice like running Medics insta-reviving or standing Supports getting lots of kills is getting silly. Ill be happy when QW or Crysis is released. Its definitely time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                  ^^ Why do you keep saying chocolate milk? Like in the "Its so girly" thread?

But yeah, I'd love some good chocolate milk.
                  It's the slogan for 10 year old Anti-Tanks everywhere.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you look up BF2 videos on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
                    It's the slogan for 10 year old Anti-Tanks everywhere.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you look up BF2 videos on Youtube.
                    It's originally XBOX Live and Google Vid

Comment

Originally posted by justblazin
                      and to the people who thought it was a hack?? go kill yourself
                      TAWT.

to the bloke who said bout aiming up and firing, the only time the direction is correct on firing is on the horizontal axis. if theres a sniper on roof and your at the foot of that building, he can crawl to edge to shhot down, but it still looks like hes shooting on his planar level

oh and im sure i read somewhere that the LMG's are just as accurate standing up. forget where it was

Comment

Originally posted by Jemme101 View Post
                        I also noticed the Support walking upright and firing with a high degree of accuracy. I have been playing with a Medic account ( Paddles.of.Peace.NL ) for a couple of days and hanging back on maps like SAK and Jala. The stuff you notice like running Medics insta-reviving or standing Supports getting lots of kills is getting silly. Ill be happy when QW or Crysis is released. Its definitely time to move on.
                        This is true in the sense that it was probably happening, I was just too busy on the frontline (as assault or AT) to notice. Lately I've just been playing classes and 'sneaking' around with them. That's when I noticed this.

I so need another game as well. I'm only playing BF2 because there is currently no alternative in the same genre.(And I hate WWII mods).

Comment

Because if you actually read my OP, I stated "the crouch or dive animation was not played".

There is no need to dive or kneel to revive...
                          you can revive while standing or running over someone as well...

try it... may take some practise to get it right every time...

Comment

Hey, I will try it. Just another dumb, unrealistic ( as in 'unable to suspend disbelief') move I'll be able to make in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                              Its..BF2 what do you expect? <<---stay away from ranked, play mods---->
                              no one plays mods, get over it.

Comment

ent|ty what was your ping on the server. People can do truly amazing things when you have a 150+ ping But, really, it is easy to revive someone in a millisecond. Another way to do running revives is to hit prone and fire at the same time as you run at the body. As SOON and I mean as SOON as you hit thsese two keys. DO not wait for the revive, hit crouch. You will go down hlafway, revive them, and bounce up. It never fails whence you get it down right.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X