My AA rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My AA rant

Ahh yes, ariel battles of BF 1942; good times. Of course I completely sucked at it. Most of the time I would just intentionally ram enemy planes, causing spectacular mid-air collisions in which I got the kill as well as suicide. I wish BF2 had an easier way to take down jets. I've only once taken out a jet with a mobile AA, or Stinger. The only way to take out jets is to get in one yourself, or hope the guy crashed by accident.

Comment

I never die in AA anymore.. I know how jet pilots think. I know how and when to use it effectively. All of you guys *****ing that it is underpowered, you need to learn to use it the rigt way.

Shooting against a JSF, one missle WILL hit out of the 2, if you get a good lock.

Shooting against a J-10, you need to time it so it goes at the right angle. If you fly jets and know how to use A2A, you know exactly what i'm talking about.

The point is, you drove the jet off to go repair or just run away.. you did your job. Don't expect alot of kills from the AA! The whole idea of it is to kill jets, OR make them run away! If they run away, good!

So most of you, you are bitching that you didn't get your kills that you wanted... oh... like I haven't ever heard of such a thing in BF2.......:laugh:

Point is.... Use the AA for TEAMWORK.. not your own personal gain.

Comment

um - i don't think the complaint stems from people not being able to stat-pad with AA mr. metallica dude.

It seems your just bitching (with larger fonts) about people bitching.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
          maybe you should read my post more clearly.

a jet takes NO skill to man - simply hit the E button. The BF series was started with a philosophy stated by a DICE dev before BF1942 was released: "Easy to start, a lifetime to master". Does this make my post more clear?

Can we be friends now? Oh and I'm an excellent pilot (when I'm not drunk).
          Uhhh.... yeah.... you press "E" to get into ANY vehicle in the game.

Once you are in the jet, you are in a 3D world, where you have pitch, roll, and yaw..

There are different things you have. You have guns, you have bombs, which take a VERY... VERY long time to master, missles, you have afterburners, and flares.

AA, you have... 2 missles... and you spin with your mouse. You aim at the target... wait for a lock/flares to dissipate, then shoot. OH! And did I mention. Heat sinking missles! So you don't even have to worry about it!

Now how the fuck.. are you gonna tell me, that AA takes "more skill" than a jet...

Learning to kill/evade J-10's in a JSF... that is a whole different story. Just that alone proves your "jets are skill-less" wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
            a tell me, that AA takes "more skill" than a jet...
            i didn't

Comment

AA is useless from what I've experienced. You have to wait like 3 seconds for it to lock on. If a jet is already low alt and shooting at you it's a definate death for you because your dead before you get the lock. Of course the Devs coded it so once in a blue moon you actually can take a jet down. Helo's are fairly easy to take down once in a while. They usually flar on the first one then you get the second hit off. you wait and hope they don't go out of range.

Comment

AA should be stronger.

Comment

Makes no sense theres an AA where you have threats from the ground, the air, and even show up in a nice white box sucks and is only used for "teamwork" and not getting kills. Then we have jets that can carpet bomb large areas for several kills, have no effective counter unless you call going to base to repair an effective counter, and have no use for teamwork whatsoever.

Sweet!

Comment

It requires ZERO skill to man a jet as well, but that still doesn't mean you can be effective with either one.

Manning a mobile AA vehicle requires great skill in order to use it effectively without getting blown up. If the enemy troops spot you out - you are now target number 1 for a good pilot.

How can you imply that it takes no skill to man a jet, yet in the same sentence say the words "good pilot" ?

Sorry, I can not allow myself to listen to logic such as this. Yet what I can do is look for someone like you in game and prove this ill-logical statement is what gains me kills against those who believe it.

Comment

Using the stationary AA takes skill... it does. Only the nublets just sit in AA waiting for the jet to circle around and take you out w/ the chain gun. You have a nice box around you in bomb-mode. The stationary AA RARELY hits the jets coming directly at you anyways. You must wait to hit them going away. Here's a tip: Wait for the jet to pass and THEN get in AA and take him down. Otherwise, stay out of it! You're a bullet magnet in that thing.

As for mobile AA, it's pretty easy to take jets down in their 1st straffe. You have something like 5 missiles. Wait till he drops his flares and unload. They seem to track further than the stationary.

Comment

Originally posted by AbblePC
                        How can you imply that it takes no skill to man a jet, yet in the same sentence say the words "good pilot" ?

Sorry, I can not allow myself to listen to logic such as this. Yet what I can do is look for someone like you in game and prove this ill-logical statement is what gains me kills against those who believe it.
                        sheesh

i said "man" not "use". My argument is pure logic.

manning any vehicle takes zero skill. Am I wrong?

Comment

sheesh

i said "man" not "use". My argument is pure logic.

manning any vehicle takes zero skill. Am I wrong?
                          I'm not sure why you are even taking the time to argue that getting IN a plane takes no skill....

Comment

once i had a helo flying ova me and it didnt lock on, and the helo was about 2 meters above me >=(

Comment

Why is it that the JetJocks.......of this forum, or most of them anyways, always say how well the AA is....and usually say, "in fact the AA is perfect, and almost too good".

Yet the guys using the AA, say...."I dont know.....it locks on, i shoot 3 missles.........30 seconds later, he drops 5 bombs on me".
                              I guess the Jet Jockeys of this game are also the masters of the AA in this game. Wacky how that worked out. Now if all the AT guys would stop and get in tanks....we could really start making this a boring game.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                                Why is it that the JetJocks.......of this forum, or most of them anyways, always say how well the AA is....and usually say, "in fact the AA is perfect, and almost too good".

Yet the guys using the AA, say...."I dont know.....it locks on, i shoot 3 missles.........30 seconds later, he drops 5 bombs on me".
                                I guess the Jet Jockeys of this game are also the masters of the AA in this game. Wacky how that worked out. Now if all the AT guys would stop and get in tanks....we could really start making this a boring game.
                                That's because the people in the jets know their weaknesses and stuff, same with tank/AT

Comment

Working...
                                X