Unlocks noob or not noob debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocks noob or not noob debate

Alot of threads seem to lead themselves to periods where they debate the use of unlocks until soemone puts them back on topic but the debaters dont get it all out soit happens again in some other innocent thread.

So have it all out here.

I tink unlocks arent noob becuse the same people that designed unlocks desgined stock weapons unlocks are simply different style weapons for different people for different situations, keyword different not all weapons are judged by accuracy the l85 can snipe snipers but sux in full auto and is only good in burst at close-medium range.
    m249 great gun, it cant snipe though does that mean it sux?

opinions anyone...why did i even ask that i know everyone has at least one..or 7

Re: Unlocks noob or not noob debate

I've never considered unlocks for n00bs since there are advantages/disadvantages to all weapons.

For instance, the RPK (basic MEC support) is superior to the PKM in very close combat, but the PKM can outshoot the RPK in long range.

The only weapons that I consider for n00bs are nade and claymore spaming.

Comment

unlocks are for people who cannot aim

Comment

Unlocks for noobs argument:
        Most unlocks are uber-accurate, requiring very little skill to get off multiple easy shots.

Counter-argument:
        If you're so god-given with skill for your default weapons, what's stopping you from killing me?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkmonkman
          unlocks are for people who cannot aim

The fact that all you brought to the table is a hypothesis without an argument make you look really noob.

Originally posted by Hurricane.CAD
          Unlocks for noobs argument:
          Most unlocks are uber-accurate, requiring very little skill to get off multiple easy shots.

Counter-argument:
          If you're so god-given with skill for your default weapons, what's stopping you from killing me?
          in response to unlcoks for noobs,

apparently EA wants you to work for unlocks and therefore an advantage AND in the real world (considering how some people wont accept that bf2 ISNT a sim) the object of developing new toys is to make the most BS unfair fight ever.

in response to your counter argument

preach it

Comment

I knew I would hear something like that from a user with a sig like that.

and I dont think there "noob" sinse i dont even pub or anything, but since the unlocks give an advantage, people will whore points to get them, and they will lone wolf, and then the game turns to crap (like how it has been :P) a Point whoring fest :/

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
              I've never considered unlocks for n00bs since there are advantages/disadvantages to all weapons.

For instance, the RPK (basic MEC support) is superior to the PKM in very close combat, but the PKM can outshoot the RPK in long range.

are you sure?

i would put it the other way round or even put them very nearly equal... the PKM is surprisingly good long range + only 3 shots to kill so great for close... RPK is also very accurate over long range if used correctly, probably more so. it is less powerful but has a higher ROF for close range...

Comment

Originally posted by eddyeddyd
                I tink unlocks arent noob becuse the same people that designed unlocks desgined stock weapons
                Great point lol. (sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by vesuvan
                  QFT..

Comment

I knew I would hear something like that from a user with a sig like that.
                    A backhanded compliment but a compliment none the less, im happy someone noticed my new sig

but since the unlocks give an advantage, people will whore points to get them, and they will lone wolf, and then the game turns to crap (like how it has been :P) a Point whoring fest :/
                    if anything unlocks have made me less lone wolf

with the mg36 i have fun mowing people down and because im normally not a lone wolf i dish out ammo 24/7

g36e makes me play medic ALOT more and as a result i take advantage of my ability to revive.

Scar-l..has done nothing to change my play style but i still love it.

f-2000 make me more of a teamplayer because i lvoe supporting my teamates with flashbangs and evastating fire that in my book rivals the ak-47

i know thats a bold statment but 47 never appeals 2 me.

l96a1 is the only thing making me a little more wolf but then again im always wolf when i snipe except when i "in-combat" snipe then i get in a squad.

Comment

I dont get the argument.

The are 'x' number of weapons in the game, use them.

Comment

I hate unlocks, most people think they are uber which the G36E is definetly overpowered and me including others who bought SF have used it. I loved it when I got the gun, but after trying the AK-47, that is the best assault gun in the game I've taken out 2 G36E's at the same time. And the L9? LOL!! That thing can't register for crap, idiots who use the sniper unlocks deserver to get their stats reset for how stupid they are. The SVD and M24 are the best of the sniper rifles.

Comment

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, unlocks are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by godismyhomie
                            are you sure?

i would put it the other way round or even put them very nearly equal... the PKM is surprisingly good long range + only 3 shots to kill so great for close... RPK is also very accurate over long range if used correctly, probably more so. it is less powerful but has a higher ROF for close range...
                            Well, at least in my personal experiences. I mainly play support and notice that I can kill/survive more when I quickly turn a corner and open up on someone nearby. The PKM does a decent job, but IMO not as good as the RPK.

I also use the RPK for long range, but when compared to the PKM, I feel that the PKM is more accurate and packs a bigger punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Alm()nd J()y
                              I hate unlocks
                              just an opinion...sigh

the G36E is definetly overpowered and me including others who bought SF have used it.
                              The g36e being over powered is up for debate but in another thread

the AK-47, that is the best assault gun in the game I've taken out 2 G36E's at the same time.
                              ok you have skill...but if thats all your going to give us then just post a youtube link to a video of you sniping to the song "let the bodies hit the floor"

And the L9? LOL!! That thing can't register for crap, idiots who use the sniper unlocks deserver to get their stats reset for how stupid they are. The SVD and M24 are the best of the sniper rifles.
                              the svd is an excellent weapon but not for stealth as headshots at long range are more difficult with its akward sights and the tendency of semi auto weapons to be less accurate.

the m24 is proven to be equal to the l96a1 is all aspects except sights and a 20% reload time.

im going to back up what i say with this

idiots who use the sniper unlocks deserver to get their stats reset for how stupid they are
                              so should yours for once again bringing in opinions with no back up

does the old man below not speak to you?

\ /
                              \ /
                              \/

Comment

Working...
                              X