How do you get good at BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you get good at BF2?

Well first I would start to goto IO servres since those servers it don't matter what rank you are as long as you have a nade ammo pack med pack or shockers or claymores those are the ultimate ways to get points on karkand or jbad now for skill goto a server with vehicals and then try and take out the tanks and helis and jets and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by dstewart1982
      practice makes perfect, man... just keep playin!!!

True thats why there are forums where players reflect back on their newbie days.
      you dont notice it at first but over time you change a little as you play your personall experience that you keep.

and in each server with different players and situations you build a fresh slate of experience on how to deal with the players and situations in that server.

Comment

disfigured, redrider,and namezero all gave really good advice... I'd recommend that their comments be put into one summary and stickied.

Sticking around more experienced and mature players will definitely show you the ropes. I would say that when you do, notice they likely belong in a clan... take notice of the clan. Google them, Visit their website, check out their forums.

Clans can sometime be just as puerile as anyone else, but often they tend to be mature players with like-minded sensibilities. You'll often not only tend to have more fun, but you will likely improve in skill as well. Clans differ greatly- some require attendance, some are pretty loose... but often there is more than one you would likely fit well into.

Comment

My friend,there's always someone better.But as for me,I have lag problems and I can't play well.Not that I'm an awesome player but when you shoot someone and he dies 2 seconds later or you start firing on someone and almost empty a clip and he shoots you once and you die that's frustrating!

Comment

Play more then one map and kit. Then you can see how the game really is.

Comment

I have had bf2 since just before Christmas 2006 - I have gotten to Lance Corproal but it has been pretty tough and at times frustrating, purely because I am still such a noob at the game.

The key I think is to keep practicing and try out as much as possible.

Right now I am trying to get my flying skills much better than they are at the moment - I play the Gulf of Omen map a bit and find that if you are good in the air you can get kills pretty quickly and in good numbers.

When I am on the ground, I have lost count of the number of times I am owned by a chopper or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by thraxsa

When I am on the ground, I have lost count of the number of times I am owned by a chopper or jet.
                Do yourself a favor and stop counting. There's no point in calculating a mismatch. It is what it is. Ground defenses only have some success against great helio pilots, and none against great jet pilots.

Take it square between the eyes and be happy most pilots have too much of ego to bale out and cap a spawn to win a game. They'd rather get one more kill then win a game. Well most of them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by =OAK= Matangkad
                  Remember to use your gun with short burst when you can. You will get more kills plus higher accuracy. Always look around, study your surroundings. As a medic learn to make your revives short and sweet, but before you revive make sure to kill the enemy so you don't die as often.

An important tip to reviving is to learn to revive while running. Start sprinting and when you get to the soldier stop sprinting and then when he is revived continue sprinting. When you are alone practice switching weapons so you don't have to look when close to an enemy.

A good switching combo to perform is from your Main Rifle to the Shock Paddles or from Main Rifle to Medic Pack. When you get better you will also need to practice the Main Gun to the Knife. :evil:

Good Luck. :salute:
                  Also, I forgot to add that if you play support using the machine gun in bursts and crouching in the right situation once you play medic again you will exceed in skill.

Also when I changed my crosshair color from the default yellow, to a blue-green color it sped up my reaction time. Any color will work, but it's up to the personal choice of the player.

:guns:

Comment

Originally posted by disfigured
                    Ground defenses only have some success against great helio pilots, and none against great jet pilots.

This is off-topic, but that's why I like IO... you have a little more control over life and death situations, unlike being in the path of the next J-10.

Comment

Best advice- stop being stupid and start thinking. Youve usually got a whole arsenal at your disposal. Remembering the game dynamics and the game flow is always a good thing. If you look at the games, almost all of them play out exactly the same, and people usually do the same mistakes over and over again, if you step outside that box and start thinking for yourself, instead of running with the crowd, you can do either exceptionally well, or fail completely, but thats, as said again, up to how well you can analyze the situation and make your move.

Ive leeched players off kills too many times (and been leeched off aswell), where literally, you make a player run into your trap so many times that you feel sorry for the sucker. Do not be that way. First death, and you gotta start thinking your move.

Its always good to have a plan. If you spawn, you should know where you want to end up at and what exactly are you going to do. Mindless running makes you an unprepared target and as such, you gotta have plenty of experience or exceptional aim to get you out of the hot spot.

Play in a squad, stay behind the front lines and pay attention to what works and what doesnt. Usually commonly used engaged methods are the best, but some people have a few good tricks up their sleeves, take note and apply them in action.

Dont bumrush, unless you know you can win, which usually happens when enemy is cornered and at a severe disadvantage. Its always better to be prepared and let the enemy come to you to fight on your terms and ground, than vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                        Dont bumrush, unless you know you can win, which usually happens when enemy is cornered and at a severe disadvantage. Its always better to be prepared and let the enemy come to you to fight on your terms and ground, than vice versa.
                        Rest of advice I agree with, but here's a catch

Being superaggressive makes you better faster. You'll probably die a lot more, but most efficent way to get good is to attack. If you're still trying to practice (instead of actually playing the game) you should bumrush the bad guys every time you think there's even remote chance that you'll live more than 2 seconds.

It's not the smartest thing to do (especially if you're trying to win a match) but it teaches you a LOT. And your stats will suck. And you need to teach yourself a bit of restraint later.

But it's not all bed of roses, no ? (it'll hurt like one though)

Comment

Originally posted by ent|ty
                          Just keep playing. Through trial and error, and by learning the maps you will eventually get better.
                          Pretty much. There's an innate talent portion of varying degrees as well: some people are naturals with the jets... others just wouldn't cut it inside anything but the jeeps.

Just practice and you'll get better.

Comment

I was like you, when I first started, everyone was so confusing and odd, and for some time it was like that, then one day it suddenly got clear and better, it's like a breaking-in period, with every game.

But the most important and crucial thing is to know maps!

Comment

long hard graft,

nearly 2 years and im 50k lol working sucks

Comment

Scinto, you still play?

Comment

Working...
                                X