No announcement yet.

Would you play a Medieval 'genre' MOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you play a Medieval 'genre' MOD?

well.... it all depends on the quality and making of it. if u have swords and stuff its not gonna be great 'cause you have to be close to someone... and would there be things like blocks and thrusts and slashes or would it be whoever could click faster and to more cutting? then it would be just boruing i reckon... but yeah, if it was good id definately play it

Comment

certainly. make it NOW

Comment

i would LOVE to play with just a sword and shield....i LOVED siege and i think this would be absolutely awesome!!!

there is no online game like this currently!!! please do!!

Comment

Originally posted by hochpepa
          would there be things like blocks and thrusts and slashes or would it be whoever could click faster and to more cutting?
          Well the close combat is a must with this mod. Although you initially think there could be a problem with the close combat, it's actually not much of a factor. We're designing a pretty complex but easy to use system.

It's certainly no bunny hopping arcade action, we're focussing more on timing of swinging/blocking of the opponents thrusts/slashes. If you see the enemy thrusting towards you, you need good timing to be able to block the thrust and that will give you an opportunity to counter the attack. (Check out Red Steel on the wii).

In a similar fashion, archery is going to be far from easy. We'll have weak spots on all the character models, and it's upto the archer to hit them. If you fire an arrow into plate armour, it will slow the character down, but only minimal health will be lost. But if you hit him in the joints where the armour doesn't protect the character then you'll have far more success.

To counter this, archers will have a limited supply of arrows, allowing them to time their shots and not to waste their ammo. But our first aim is to get a beta up and running with the basic close combat system working. We'll then introduce an update a week/2 weeks later with the addition of the archer class. If anyone wishes to help us in anyway, then please give me a PM, we are always looking for new members

Comment

Im so excited that your making this!!!

Have you contacted BSS yet? If not MSN me @ fuzzhead@japanimation.com

Comment

Working...
            X