No announcement yet.

Would you play a Medieval 'genre' MOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you play a Medieval 'genre' MOD?

Ok so the question is pretty basic really, would you want to play a mod with over 100 people fighting in a medieval setting? Would you play it? Or do you prefer modern mods? I'm just trying to suss out the player base a medieval... 'genre' mod would achieve.

Imagine, bows firing arrows, catapults lobbing boulders into buildings and killing archers inside. Imagine lots of crazy close combat, allowing you to throw certain weapons at people (small daggers/axes). The commander would be a revolutionary leader, leading at the front line charging through the enemy ranks with special equipment to help his comrades.

So the question is, would you guys play it? Yay or nay

Re: Would you play a Medieval 'genre' MOD?

Of course
    If it was any good I would keep playing it
    Quality and Gameplay transcends personal preferences 90% of the time

Comment

I would. You could make it straight up realistic or go slight fantasy with Dragons, trolls, orcs, and other "monsters" as vehicles.

For weapons players could choose 2 handed heavy sword vs 1 hand light sword. Axe, mace, morning star. Bow, crossbow, sling.

I think for this to work we would need some different game modes other than conquest. I am not sure what but I think something would need to be different.

Comment

Personally I doubt it is possible - it sounds hugely ambitious
        If you are thinking of starting a mod maybe set your sites much lower and more realistic or help a mod that is as close to your idea as possible like the Battlefield Pirates mod

Comment

not me

Comment

I would definetly..sounds a really good idea!

Comment

Brett was working on a similar project a while back. Wonder how he made out....?

Comment

It's possible. It was made in the past. BF42 saw the modification called Siege.

They did they best they could with the engine limitations, though the close quarters lacked because it often took more than one hit to kill someone. But I remember big battles of like 20 people massed inside of a castle duking it out with archers randomly shooting people.

There were also horses but they were very comical. They made no noise and looked like they glided around really fast. Ontop of that, when the horses 'died' the exploded, killing anyone too close.

It's possible to make, and probably would be fun if done right

Comment

lol, crazy *** horse :laugh:

Comment

Sounds great, I would play it. I would keep it realistic though- no dragons!

Comment

there was also a mod for BF42 called sengoku, it was set in feudal japan, swords and spears were all you got to fight with. The most fun Ive had a long time

Comment

I defenitly would, is this perhaps goin to happen?

Comment

If some guys were to do it, and do it right, we still probably wouldn't see it until around 83,373,837,212,837,979,353

Comment

Heck yes!!! Sounds great!! If it had singleplayer. I can't play multiplayer. Now we need somebody to do a Revolutionary War mod for BF2!

Comment

Originally posted by gianteric
                              Heck yes!!! Sounds great!! If it had singleplayer. I can't play multiplayer. Now we need somebody to do a Revolutionary War mod for BF2!
                              One being made already, Echoes of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X