X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ROE? I think not...

Originally posted by BFROE|OFC|gh0st
    Hypocricy and Conformity is the way of the New World Order, right?
    As I'm sure I will be undoubtably flamed for, but I have some much needed insight now that makes me feel otherwise.
    Don't worry about. Besides, did you ever hear that famous quote...I think it was Kruschev (maybe Stalin) that said it "We will win from with-in"? The best way to change something is from the inside, not the out. Changing the course of big companies environmental actions will not happen from people protesting at the WTO, it happens from people getting on the Board or becoming a VP of the company.

GG, if I come in, I'll wear the tag on servers, but I don't want be BFROE|Prez|RocketChild..I will stick with my Peoples' Uniform and keep RocketChild.

Comment

No player is required to abide by the ROE. It isn't in the EULA that you signed when you installed the game and as such the ROE is a null and void concept.

Should I have decided to stat-pad in the past, I'd still have my stats, or at least, I *should*, since the ROE isn't something I agreed to be subject to.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
        Don't worry about. Besides, did you ever hear that famous quote...I think it was Kruschev (maybe Stalin) that said it "We will win from with-in"? The best way to change something is from the inside, not the out. Changing the course of big companies environmental actions will not happen from people protesting at the WTO, it happens from people getting on the Board or becoming a VP of the company.

GG, if I come in, I'll wear the tag on servers, but I don't want be BFROE|Prez|RocketChild..I will stick with my Peoples' Uniform and keep RocketChild.
        I'm glad at least one person sees where I'm coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
          No player is required to abide by the ROE. It isn't in the EULA that you signed when you installed the game and as such the ROE is a null and void concept.

Should I have decided to stat-pad in the past, I'd still have my stats, or at least, I *should*, since the ROE isn't something I agreed to be subject to.
          I keep saying this to people, but nobody seems to listen: the ROE DOES NOT reset anyone for anything. They simply gather evidence and submit it to EA. EA is who looks at the evidence and wipes your stats or not.

So it's fine if you think the ROE has no relevance and is something that does not matter, but in reality EA is the final word on when someone gets reset so it would appear to me that EA and ROE are in agreement on most (if not all) things in regards to what should and should not be allowed. In other words, obey the ROE because EA does indirectly enforce it or you'll pay the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis

Actually you did and it does apply..

from the TOS

YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR SERVICE ACCOUNT OR USER ID, AND THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (INCLUDING TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THESE RULES.

IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE THE SERVICE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, EA MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, THE SERVICE IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS OR TEAMS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE SERVICE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT ELECTRONIC ARTS MAY HAVE MADE.

Comment

Anyone that cares enough about some virtual stats and badges enough to police other players to make sure they get said virtual (re: not real) badges "correctly" needs to be institutionalized.

Comment

Ok........I think that the BF2 community is in accordance with the fact that the ROE system needs to be revised. Suggestions have been given yet noone from the ROE staff will even address them. If you like I'll itemize them for you........

Just please acknowledge some of the posts thats all I ask.

Comment

sure please do, in fact I will list the new EA revised ROE for reference..

The following are the official Rules Of Engagement for Battlefield 2 and supercede any you may have read prior to this date. This announcement will be duplicated across all EA Battlefield outlets and as such are the only official outlets for rule updates and modifications. Any changes to the Rules Of Engagement will be made simultaneously across official channels.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (ROE)

RANKED SERVERS – AN OVERVIEW
                  The ranked server program and ranking system introduced by DICE and EA for Battlefield 2 is designed to promote a system of statistics gathering and rewards for BF2 players on a level playing field in which players can expect the same standard configuration and playing environment on any ranked server they play on. These standards are achieved and maintained by ensuring that all server providers and server administrators are abiding by a common set of rules as determined by EA.

1. RULES AND POLICIES FOR TRUSTED PARTNERS / SERVER HOST PROVIDERS
                  Dice and EA are limiting trusted server software distribution to our network of Trusted Partners in order to protect the integrity of the code system. We want everyone to be able to play Ranked Servers if they choose. It is imperative that all of these Rules and Policies be adhered to in order to create a level playing field for everyone.

1.1 Server Configuration

1.1.1 Ranked Servers have a number of settings hard-coded so that users cannot adjust them. These settings are all set as below to keep the competition on Ranked servers balanced across all providers:

minPlayers: 16+ (minimum server size is 16 players)

sv.password = “” (empty string - Ranked servers may not be password protected. Ranked servers are intended to be available to all players.)

sv.numPlayersNeededToStart = (6 for 16-32 maxPlayers, 8 for 64)

sv.spawnTime 15

sv.manDownTime 15

sv.ticketRatio 100

sv.teamRatioPercent 100

sv.punkBuster 1

1.1.2 Though it is not required, we also request that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings, including mines (sv.friendlyFireWithMines).

1.2 Server Content

1.2.1 Ranked servers must be entirely "pure" with no customization outside of the default content shipped by DICE/EA. Ranked servers are not allowed to run customised games or Mods, as we cannot ensure the balance of these components.

1.2.2 Whenever there is a new patch released Ranked Partners are required to upgrade their servers.

Ranked servers are not to run upcoming content early nor out of date content.

1.3 Server Access

1.3.1 BF2CC may be used to access and adjust server settings not defined above but hosts must be able to demonstrate that the ranked server code is secure – no FTP access or other direct access to the files is allowed.

1.4 Maps

1.4.1 Custom maps are never permitted on ranked servers, although we do permit map sizes to be defined independently of maximum players.

2. RULES AND POLICIES FOR ALL SERVER ADMINISTRATORS MANAGING RANKED SERVERS (PUBLIC OR PRIVATE)
                  These are rules and policies that all people running ranked servers are expected to observe. Failure to do so can result in the server being delisted.

2.1 Copyright Infringements and Advertising

2.1.1 Server Administrators may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software, distribution of copyrighted software or CD keys or other contraband while on any Ranked Servers.

2.1.2 Server Administrators may not market, promote or advertise other services or products on any ranked servers (excluding trusted partners and in game server messages).

2.2 Game Setting Changes

2.2.1 Server Administrators may not change any server settings preset by EA (as listed above).

2.2.2 Server Administrators may not load up custom maps or modifications to Ranked Servers.

2.2.3 TK Punish must be active (i.e. not “off”), but can be set to automatically punish or to allow players to punish/forgive by voting.

2.3 “In-House” Ranked Server Rules

Public Ranked Servers and Private rented clan servers may introduce custom rules that apply only to their servers and which result in minor changes to gameplay. These “in-house” rules are allowed as long as they do not violate the conditions of use of a ranked server as determined by DICE and EA and as long as they are explicitly announced in the server description or on the loading screen, so that players joining the server are aware of them before they start playing.

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators.

3. RULES AND POLICIES APPLYING TO ALL PLAYERS ON RANKED SERVERS.
                  The following rules are ones that players are expected to abide by while playing on ranked servers. Any use of third-party programs or game exploits not listed below should be reported through one of the channels listed below.

3.1 Use of Cheats or Hacks

3.1.1 Players may not change (hack) any core games files or effectively change game settings by employing external programs or cheats for the purposes of giving themselves an unfair advantage over other players. This would include but not limited to:

(a) *** and other 3rd party software.

(b) Modification of weapons code, aka Tank turrets exploit.

(c) CVAR hacks which would make players appear Neon

(d) CVAR hacks that let players see thru walls or buildings

(e) Mini-Map hack so all players are visible

(f) Modification of Player Names which would alter their size or colors.

3.2 Game Exploits

3.2.1 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:

(a) Using tag teams to take turns to kill and revive each other in turn (using knives, pistols, etc.)

(b) Playing on Knife and/or Pistol only Servers

(c) Playing on Knife only Servers

(d) Playing on “High Points” Servers

(e) Playing on “No Artillery” or “No Armour” Servers (except when using Infantry only server-side option)

(f) Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points

(g) Turning boats upside down and constantly repairing them

(h) Glitching inside buildings (using building model glitches to attack out without risk of being hit).

4. REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF THE ROE

Anyone who observes violations of the ROE based upon server rules or player actions should report these violations (with screenshots) as soon as possible.

Any action taken against players or Server Administrators will be taken by EA and may include having ranked servers being delisted (unranked) or having player accounts reset to remove all global points and awards.

Violations (or suspected violations) can be reported to any of the following authorised groups:

EA Support: http://support.ea.com/

Punkbuster: Cheats, hacks or exploits can be reported to research@evenbalance.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kold81
                    Ok........I think that the BF2 community is in accordance with the fact that the ROE system needs to be revised. Suggestions have been given yet noone from the ROE staff will even address them. If you like I'll itemize them for you........

Just please acknowledge some of the posts thats all I ask.
                    Well, I have an interesting standpoint now as being the starter of this thread and now a fellow ROE'er. So I absolutely acknowledge these issues.

Comment

Indian, I don't need the revised ROE....nothing has changed as far as the topics that have been discussed so far in this thread.

All I was asking for is some form of acknowledgement from you on these issues that have been brought up. I really don't want to re-read the whole thread for you but I will if I have to I guess.

EDIT: Ghost, good luck man.

Comment

you outline the issues and I will take them one at a time

Comment

Ok......first off I think that the stat padders, glitchers, hackers and abusive admins all deserve some kind of punishment.

1. I think that the punishment of indviduals for playing on a KP server is ok IF EVERYONE knows that such behavior is wrong. To puruse and convict such people is wrong period. If you can't get EA to put some form of notification on this fact then you should ONLY go after the server owners.

2. Everything that the ROE "team" does could be handled within EA and PB. Why have a team of "police" in a video game? Just the concept turns people off. The hackers and glitchers could be reported to PB just like it is now. ONE person within EA could look for KP servers and warn the admins of that server. Hell I could do it in two hours.

Other ideas, suggestions and concerns have been outlined in this thread without being addressed these are just my own. I suggest re-reading the thread for those.

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
                            Actually you did and it does apply..

from the TOS
                            EDIT - removed..

Ooh. I hurt someones feelings yesterday

Comment

I must say I didn't know about ROE until I signed up here!

TBH I know the rules have been written, but to all those sad enough to report people for breaking them, get a life! There is a world on the other side of your pc screen, get out more, get a life!

Fair play if you're reporting a hacker using a wall hack or an aim bot, but playing on a knife only server, ffs get a life, loser!

BTW In the past I've put an in game message up saying "meet here if anyone is up for a knife fight" Does this mean I've broken the ROE? I'm sure the BF police will let me know and report me accordingly!!!

Comment

Indianscout the monkey man...I like it As for the braincells if you were to see what he actually does and the contacts in the community he deals with then yes I would say he has alot of braincells. Like I said earlier, if you don't like the so called policing of games then you might as well pick up a console because this is the way of the gaming world whether we like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X