This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROE? I think not...

To get fair warning here, this is a quote from a previous thread directed to me but I felt that my response was going to be too long to address this issue and out of respect, did not want to hi-jack that OP's thread.

Originally posted by BGC Chickydo

I have now just been kicked from a ranked knives, pistols & pads only server for "Dead Body Camping"....wtf

I'm having a bad day...
    Originally posted by Sir. Xodus

Reported for Stat Padding.

Don't like your stats for long.
    Originally posted by xXx gh0st
    Wow, it's obvious this kid didn't know about the ROE, or at least about knife/pistol servers. Why even be a dikk and report him, or say so publicly.

What a douche. Get a life son.

Originally posted by Sir. Xodus
    Have you gotten you stats reset?
    Are you pissed at everyone?
    Do you hate ROE?

1. Never
    2. Not all
    3. Absolutely

I do not agree that people should be policing around a video game to make sure players are not playing on a knife/pistol server. Plain and simple. Not only does that kind of policing need to be in a game, at all, it also does a piss poor attempt to notify ALL players of the BF2 game.

If you could e-mail every single user out there who has a registered name for BF2 and inform them that it is in fact against the fake police rules play on such servers, then at least they would have a warning. But that would require you to collaborate with EA, which as I'm sure EA is not so forthcoming.

Which leads me to my next issue: If EA will not cooperate in at least giving you guys every account's email addy to properly inform people of these so-called rules, then who's to say they even care to begin with?

They Don't.

As stated; EA loves money. They are cash-cows. You know it. I know it. We all know it. Lets not get into buggy games, crappy expansions, and "pay for" booster packs.

All EA care about is the fact that someone is paying for a server every month. Do they care who or what fashion the game is played? No. And even if they did, that so-called care has dropped significantly in the last 6 months.

At least you could argue that BF2 is huge and they will enforce it, but as we all know; BF2 is in fact dying, and most likely cut off from any further support (patchs) and development (new content, course we would have to pay for that, wouldn't we?), as all their efforts are now directed towards BF 2142 and even BF: Bad Company.

So what we're left with in the end is a fair ammount of players (trust me; do you think every person who plays BF2 frequents these forums, much less even heard of ROE?) who will be reset for not knowing that there are make believe rules in place to this game for them to abide by.

I can keep going but I'm sure you'd all rather me not, so in the end I will say this: I don't have ill-contempt towards the folks in the ROE, I just do not agree with the concept. If you could ensure that this law (and i use that word loosely) is absolute, meaning it would be known to ALL players, and enforced, then perhaps I would have a different viewpoint on this matter.

Until then, I do not believe in such laws and will not adhere to them.
    Course, I don't play K/P servers anyway but nonetheless.

Good Day.

Re: ROE? I think not...

Well said mate i totally agree with you especially the part about them not informing the players about k/p servers because they dont do jack s**t

Comment

*yawn*

Comment

I hate RoE i agree not everyone vists the forums to read this roe that they have never heard.

I hate those who report to RoE ande those who stat swipe newer people who obviously have never knew what the RoE. K/P servers dont bother me and i dont see how they can bother other people.

Comment

you have a hate problem.

Comment

Even though I dont agree with all your points, I still find it good to see that Im not the only one who thinks that EA has dropped the ball here. I sometimes wonder if they have anyone who playes the game in the Public servers which is the only way to see what we see. In order to keep this short I will say again thanks for letting me know Im not alone. . . . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by Repent
              *yawn*
              lol, nice response coming from an ROE'er.

Thank you for showing myself and the community how much you care about such an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by [xXx]gh0st
                lol, nice response coming from an ROE'er.

Thank you for showing myself and the community how much you care about such an issue.
                I'm just a server owner pal, not a ROE officer.

Everything in life has some kind of rule, and like everything in the world there are always people who will cry about rules.

Comment

the reason they reset people instead of closing the servers is simple and sad. resetting people costs no money (not including employees taking the time to do it as the ROE people do all the work anyway vs shutting down/making the k/p servers unranked which loses them thousands of dollars monthly. its solid proof that EA/DICE are out for money and not customer happiness.

Comment

you only have to read post like this http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98800 to realise that there isnt much understanding from within the comunity

all that is needed to help fix this problem would be an in game message something like this

then at least people would know about ROE.

Im a mod on another forum and i do see from time to time people posting for the first time, whats happened to my stats? etc then i have to PM them saying there stats are gone :cry:

Comment

I'm just a server owner pal, not a ROE officer.

Everything in life has some kind of rule, and like everything in the world there are always people who will cry about rules.
                      I agree; to a point.

However, I am not "crying about rules" here. I am trying to identify an issue in the community, both involving the BFROE and the terms that EA has set.

The point here is that people who do not read up on forums simply will not know that these rules even exist. How can that be justified?

Now, people who are fully exploiting a situation which will undoubtly give them an unfair advantage to other players should be penalized. That much I will agree with. But how am I suppose to know that playing on a knife/pistol server would give me such an advantage?

You don't make that much more points in that type of game. I myself can't imagine ever scoring better in a k/p server than a vanilla one. But that's not really my point.

Ever play Goldeneye for the N64? They have weapon rules that you can select before every round. One of them was knifes only or pistols only, and you know what; sometimes those types of multiplayer matches were fun!

I think that's what most of the people expect when they see a k/p server: A change of pace. Refreshing change from the norm. Whereas you see an opportunity to exploit, or an opportunity for someone else to exploit and for you to enforce it. For whatever purpose, I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by elstonieo
                        you only have to read post like this http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98800 to realise that there isnt much understanding from within the comunity

all that is needed to help fix this problem would be an in game message something like this

then at least people would know about ROE.

Im a mod on another forum and i do see from time to time people posting for the first time, whats happened to my stats? etc then i have to PM them saying there stats are gone :cry:
                        I agree good idea, but digging up posts to try to make me look a certain way is ignorant.

Maybe you don't get it, but the INTERNET is a hard place to show any "feeling" or "emotion" because people like you want to read what you want into things.

God forbid you forget to click a "Smilie" button, or you get crucified....

I agree that EA should put something like in your pic, but the MAJORITY of people who get reset are Cheaters, and padders.

So please...step down of of your pedestal now...

<---sarcastic smilie depicticting a person rolling their eyes.

Comment

I agree that EA should put something like in your pic, but the MAJORITY of people who get reset are Cheaters, and padders.
                          And what of the MINORITY who get reset?

Casualties of war, perhaps?

So here we have 1000 people who are all in the same place at the same time. 900 of them were obviously planning to rob that bank, but the other 100 were just around to see what the fuss was about. Well lets not take any chances and just lock them all up and be done with it, right?

Poor anaology, I know; but I think you get the idea.

That facist comment you made only tells me that the ends justify your means.

Comment

Hey look..I'm a "facist".

Good luck with your name calling thread.

</walks away>

Comment

you dont have to head to our forums, read the stick at the top of this topic..

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68987

there you will find all the links you need to educate yourself..

this is found in most major BF2 forums and in fact on EA's official forums here

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....threadID=90188

Comment

Working...
                              X