Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IO Mode. It isn't going anywhere, so why not suggest some changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IO Mode. It ain't going nowhere, so why not suggest some changes?

Don't play IO anyone? I mean seriously, the majority of servers are non-IO anyways. For god sakes, who would WANT to play OCS on IO? IO is for city maps.

Besides, as people have/will most likely state. Anything DICE changes messes it up anyways. Just recently, they were supposed to fix the J-10, and they made it better with easy-to-shoot cannons.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
      Personally I'm not to keen on merging the Assault and Medic. If we could just tone the medic back a bit, make him less combat hardend, it could do wonders for the balance in that regard. He needs to maintain his position though. The Medics ability to heal is kinda' ingrained in BF2s core gameplay.

...then again so were vehicles, so I guess my theory is kinda' moot?

{WP}Paas
      Well if the medics are to remain in the game, then they would need to be a separate class from assault (since assault shouldn't be able to revive people), in which case I would re-add the medic class and give him an SMG instead of an AR. The AT defaults would do fine.

~Wolfgang

Comment

how bout this...i don't think there is any precedent to this so it might get shot down instantly after take-off.

What if the medic was completely harmless? His only abilities would be to heal/revive and capture flags? MAYBE a side-arm. (or not).

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
          What if the medic was completely harmless? His only abilities would be to heal/revive and capture flags? MAYBE a side-arm. (or not).
          Eh, a bit too extreme for my taste. It's an idea though.

Originally posted by RavenRealms
          1. No
          2. No
          ...more of you blue helmet folks than I ever thought. It's kinda' spooky.

3. There are boats.
          We know. If you would read more than the first posting you would know it has been discussed. For the sake of you, "Read only the first post and respond" folks, I will edit the primary post.

IF you don't like IO, then don't play it. Simple.
          ...and what if I do like IO but I think it can use some changes for the better? Does your flawless logic also dictate that I have to quit playing? Am I allowed to enjoy and critique, or does it have to be one or the other?

IO mode is perfect the way it is. I get pwned by medics all the time with their L85A1's. I kill whole squads for them just to be revived by a lone medic, but i don't complain about it.
          You're opinion, I don't think it's perfect and I think it was rushed. What's my idea on rush concepts? They could use improvement if the right ideas are presented, discussed, and fine tuned within' the community. This of this is a big "IO" troubleshooting meeting; international, Devs invited also. Just not idiots, no one likes idiots.

...oh, and I don't recall anyone saying you're complaining about anything. What are you talking about?

Leave it alone.
          No.

Originally posted by Iwantcable
          Don't play IO anyone?
          Why shouldn't I? I enjoy it at times.

For god sakes, who would WANT to play OCS on IO? IO is for city maps.
          If what you say is true, why isn't it limited to city maps? Also, the boat issue is resolved, I was wrong. OCS is indeed playable. So, to answer your question, "Anyone who wants to play OCS on that given day".

Besides, as people have/will most likely state. Anything DICE changes messes it up anyways. Just recently, they were supposed to fix the J-10, and they made it better with easy-to-shoot cannons.
          Back to my goverment analogy is seems. Just because the 3 branches constantly screw up just about anything doesn't mean I should back out of the political process and not let my voice be heard.

{WP}Paas

Comment

...and what if I do like IO but I think it can use some changes for the better? Does your flawless logic also dictate that I have to quit playing? Am I allowed to enjoy and critique, or does it have to be one or the other?
            You think DICE should change the game just for you? Pfft.

You can state your oppinions on here all you want, but i doubt anything will be changed.

DICE is possibly more or less done with BF2 now.

Comment

You think DICE should change the game just for you? Pfft.
              Smug. I like that. Problem is though you're smug without merit. What does it bother you if I voice my opinions? Is it hurting you? Is it ruining your family or somthing?

I mean, for one who seems so sure that Dice/EA aren't even gunna' bother listening to me, you sure are spending your time here trying to discredit me. Why don't you go do somthing productive, as in not post in this thread? I would hate to take away from your time.

You can state your oppinions on here all you want, but i doubt anything will be changed.
              ...your opinion. I don't agree.

DICE is possibly more or less done with BF2 now.
              I agree. Yet, Dice says otherwise. So, I have to take their word over yours. Sorry.

{WP}Paas

Comment

If you go and look at recent posts in the DICE feedback section of this forum, you can easily see that DICE is not done with this game. And you can stop using that argument now Raven.

BTW Pass, i have to kill you now, your opinion has ruined my family as well.

Comment

Another U.N. worker!? Blue helmets everywhere!?

You completely missed the point. Completely! I won't even bother explaining it to you because in my mind you're a complete waste of life. I mean, if offering an alternate perspective is "whinging" in your eyes then you're not even worth associating with. A complete waste of dirt and life.

...did you even think before you typed this? I mean, did you even backtrack to all the suggestions and ideas presented in the early stages of BF2 in regards to the imbalanced nature of Jets and think, "Wait, if my logic stands than anyone who mentioned any balance tweaks shouldn't be playing BF2!? ...strange"; or did you just spew some of the most retarded crap out of your fingers and wrap it in caps' for +3 to Idiotic?

I'm through with you, don't respond to anymore of my threads. That way I don't have to read this crud, and you don't have to read "whinging"? There! Everyone is happy.

...and stop whinging about whinging!

{WP}Paas

Edit: Thanks for the addition to the "think tank" Wolfgang.
                  ah but atleast i have a fruitful life, where i dont waste my time trying to brong useless concepts to a game that arent going to happen, well atleast not by the creators, perhaps find a modder that shares your views.

however you should refer to the forums rules to the part where each individual on the forum should be repected in their post i didnt say nasty things about you and thus yours are inappropiate.

oh btw there are countless threads going on about changing this changing that they do what they think is good for the game not an indiviual there has to be a wide spread aggrement

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    ah but atleast i have a fruitful life, where i dont waste my time trying to brong useless concepts to a game that arent going to happen, well atleast not by the creators, perhaps find a modder that shares your views.
                    I'm at work. I hardly call WORKING wasting time. Sure, I don't make much (15$ an hour), but a college kid has to put food on the table.

...and I still fail to see why it bothers YOU if I suggest concept that you don't think will ever see the light of day. Why even bother commenting? Why can you not just leave me and my thread be and go bother somene else? You're not bringing anything productive. You're not even presenting good counter arguements. All I have gotten out of you is "No" and "The Devs aren't going to waste time on this". If that's how you feel, so be it. Just don't try and convince me otherwise because I don't agree with you. I'm not trying to push any concepts onto you, I'm trying to get my ideas out to the community... have them tweaked, and then have the Devs "Glance" over them for the chance that "maybe" they will give em' a go. If not. Then I move onto the next text war.

What you're going on the other hand is being idiotic, annoying, and close minded. So, no, I won't respect you. You don't deserve my respect because you're not capable of giving any in the first place. So go find a corner to repsect yourself in and leave me be... I hope this is the last time I have to request this.

however you should refer to the forums rules to the part where each individual on the forum should be repected in their post i didnt say nasty things about you and thus yours are inappropiate.
                    You came off rude. Live with it. If you want to be an *** but don't have the intellectual foundation to back it up; suffer.

oh btw there are countless threads going on about changing this changing that they do what they think is good for the game not an indiviual there has to be a wide spread aggrement
                    I swear! People like you who think it's just so wrong to suggest some ideas kill me. Just go melt somewhere, I don't want you here turning my attention from the point at hand, which is building a reasonably balance suggestion list for the Devs. All you're bringing is a "nay-sayer" attitude that, frankly, I could live without.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Smug. I like that. Problem is though you're smug without merit. What does it bother you if I voice my opinions? Is it hurting you? Is it ruining your family or somthing?
                      It doesn't hurt me. But it's whiners like you who get the game changed for the WORSE.

I enjoy playing IO the way it is, and so do many other people who i've spoken to on the servers.

I've played infantry since 1.1, and i sure didn't like getting overpowered by armor whores spawn raping etc. Fortunately for the groundpounders, Infantry only came along and everything became fun again. And now you are trying to change what we like playing?!

I'm simply disagreeing with your change ideas and defending IO as it is.

Comment

What are all the plane and tank whores mad they have no victims? I quit for a while and came back when 1.4 was released, I like the IO option and Road nice additions to vanilla. As near as I can tell there are not many servers running IO anyway so what is the complaint? I am enjoying the game agian with this little change and may get a few more hrs in .

Comment

I agree with your ideas. Played IO today and it wasn't fun

Comment

It doesn't hurt me. But it's whiners like you who get the game changed for the WORSE.
                            You have the nerve to call me a whiner, and then you turn around and pull a common whiner trait in calling someone who uses other aspects of the game a "whore"?

Sounds to me like you're just another worthless hypocrite who cannot live with the fact that people don't always agree with you, and don't always need to agree with you.

I enjoy playing IO the way it is, and so do many other people who i've spoken to on the servers.
                            As I have said, so do I. I just also happen to think it could use some improvment. I can enjoy things and be critical of them at the same time; women for instance.

I've played infantry since 1.1, and i sure didn't like getting overpowered by armor whores spawn raping etc.
                            This is what I am talking about! You're calling me a whiner and now you juse whined about the state of infantry in 1.1? You're such a blatant hypocrite.

Fortunately for the groundpounders, Infantry only came along and everything became fun again. And now you are trying to change what we like playing?!
                            You're either blind, dumb, or retarded. I'm going to assume you're blind because I don't want to offend anyone for fear that your partner in crime Sci-whateva' is gunna' call the Mods on me. Look, I am a groundpounder. I have more time logged "ON THE GROUND". So, will you quit trying to group me into a specific class so that your brain will have an easier time ranting on? I'm sick of pleading my case to the likes of you, begone.

I'm simply disagreeing with your change ideas and defending IO as it is.
                            You have already stated you don't agree! Once is enough damnit! Leave! You spamming the same one liner over and over again doesn't help your case.

...and no, that's not "simply" what you're doing. You're also being very annoying. ...and make up your damnable mind. Either you think my ideas will be implemented or you don't. One or the other. If you think they will, you have already made your claim and it's time for you to move on. If you don't, then why the hell are you here pestering me in the first place? You cannot ride both sides of the debate and/or mindset. Pick one!

{WP}Paas

Edit:

Originally posted by Ojkilledthemfolk
                            What are all the plane and tank whores mad they have no victims?[...]
                            You would have had a chance if you didn't start your poorly worded arguement with this crud. I'm not a "plane/tank whore". If anything I am an "assault/m203 whore". Even though the entire concept of calling people who are good at a particular game asset "whores" is silly to begin with.

Learn who you're up against before you come in swinging with unfounded claims.

Comment

What you're going on the other hand is being idiotic, annoying, and close minded.
                              no im being realistic.

IO Mode asside how many idea's tweaks changes have the community submitted on the Dice forum & here? only to be clinching to the idea it might come true one day, hoping to see the changes on the patch log and it never being there, there are still major flaws in BF2 that still havent been resolved from the beginning so tbh shouldnt they be addressed 1st before new content is added apon?

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                                no im being realistic.

IO Mode asside how many idea's tweaks changes have the community submitted on the Dice forum & here? only to be clinching to the idea it might come true one day, hoping to see the changes on the patch log and it never being there, there are still major flaws in BF2 that still havent been resolved from the beginning so tbh shouldnt they be addressed 1st before new content is added apon?
                                Hardly any.

Now, let me ask you a question. If you don't think my idea has a chance in hell, why are you bothering responding to it?

{WP}Paas

Comment

Working...
                                X