Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

ok enough of the threads about all the problems, these need to be consolidated into 1 thread..

This thread will be for 1.4 errors and crashes, it will be heavily moderated for EA/DICE bashing, off topic posts will be deleted and the poster warned..

so if you are having patch errors, installation problem or crashes please post them here..

Indian

Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Just a tip, dont update the game. Reinstall and patch full with 1.4

If you have edited your exe file, as in BF2n.exe make sure u rename it if yr gonna update your game from 1.3

And theres a patch out there that is named "1.3to1.4" but its the 1.3 BETA

No problems from my full patched 1.4

Comment

I think the 1.3to1.4 is the incremental patch not a beta. I've used it and it's worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dai007

If you have edited your exe file, as in BF2n.exe make sure u rename it if yr gonna update your game from 1.3
        I forgot to rename my BF2.exe back to original and now I'm doing a full reinstall - bewarned!

Comment

EA is aware of some servers crashing constantly and are working on the problem..

just a heads up...

Comment

connection lost. i keep getting a lost connection. but i am still connected to the internet and can refresh the server list instantly after being disconnected?

Comment

Originally posted by ROE|IndianScout
              EA is aware of some servers crashing constantly and are working on the problem..

just a heads up...
              Servers are constantly crashing? Hoo boy ..

I haven't had any time to spend playing v1.4 yet .. but this doesn't sound good.

Comment

Well,
                Donloaded incremental FIRST...I didn't even get the EA screen...CTD

Thought I was gonn'a get stuck with an install, nope (W00T)..
                I even downloaded from EA Downloader...29 min Went real well

Comment

2 servers have crashed while i was playing last nite
                  not good this should have been fixed 2 months ago

Comment

OK...

No CTD and "Server Crashes" for me. Played for a few hours tonight. Although there is a pretty big problem. Sometimes when a new round starts, you can't form squads. I kept disconnecting and reconnecting to see if it would fix the problem, but it simply would not work. Makes the game rather difficult to enjoy.

Comment

Installed 1.4 FULL from 1.3 and it seems that everything was going wrong with this server that was on Sharqi at the moment.

First off, I was getting 3dmap ghosting whenever I died and whenever I was supposed to have shellshock (only me, my TeamSpeak mates did not have this problem)

Next thing is that all of a sudden most of the players were force disconnected after everyone got a 'connection problems' message. I somehow survived that and moments later I got a nother connection problem message and was disconnected finally.

Comment

5 CTD in fisrt morning
                        had only 2 in 12 moinths before
                        BUT - this is what I was doing
                        changing teams to be with friends
                        on start of game
                        or game end or load in
                        everytime = CTD

Originally posted by Snoop
                        OK...

Although there is a pretty big problem. Sometimes when a new round starts, you can't form squads. I kept disconnecting and reconnecting to see if it would fix the problem, but it simply would not work. Makes the game rather difficult to enjoy.
                        had same problem of 2 different servers
                        one had 1 squad
                        one had 3 squads

Comment

Road to Jalalabad has no loading screen map description. The box says something like LOADINGSCREEN_MAPDESCRIPTION_road_to_jalalabad" as if it is a mis-labled variable designed to pull the info from another txt file in the game somewhere...

The capture points are still named funny things too like "RJ_2_hotel" (may not be exactly it, but close enough.)

I've seen at least one instance of what I think was the Red/Blue bug. A guy on my team was shooting his ERYX at me and didnt respond when I asked if I was showing up as enemy... something to keep an eye on.

That's it so far.

great patch!

BTW. I downloaded the incremental from the EA downloader and my game is working flawlessly except a PunkBuster update which EA had nothing to do with.

Comment

IME FED UP WITH THESE :censored:CTDS. THIS IS STUPID. the only good thing they have done is make the new map. they have releived the ctds for so long but its still here.

Comment

New bug people havn't reported:

I was in a server last night with my clan. We noticed that very often, tanks show no firing when firing. IE....the tank will sit there, move back slightly....then the target tank will bump backwards a bit. In reality, the tank fired...which caused the rockback...and the target tank got hit...causing it to bump back slightly.

Visually, no exploisions or tank shells were seen. The tanks simply appeared to move backwards.

We shot 50 shells and we could only see about 20 of those shots. We all saw the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X