Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Snapped this pic of a zombie after I revived him. This is the first one I have ever seen.

Comment

I'm getting heaps of connection problems. Sometimes it's every minute or so, other times like today, every SECOND! Asked others on the server if they had any issues and got a few responses from people with NONE.

I've CTD once which is ok, but then the connection problems have put me off loading up the game as much as I would normally.

Pings seem to have increased. I could always find ~60-70ms servers, and now those same servers are ~100-200ms.

Framerate has dropped noticably. I'll have to reduce my video settings to compensate.

Comment

im sorry if this is the wrong thread for this....i keep getting....cant find install folder for bf2...it does it for the incremental and the full...i havent touched any of my bf2 files...after that happened i even tried creating a install folder and that didnt work...any ideas???

Comment

My VOIP worked fine under 1.3 but now I can be heard by others in my squad but I can't hear them. Anyone else had VOIP problems?

Comment

I too saw zombies in a 1.4 game this evening.

Comment

My jump button also makes me change weapons when I jump like it is jump/weapon scroll but my config shows no such conflict. I have not altered any buttons in like 12 months and before 1.4 I had no probs. I can't change it, anyone else have this problem?

Comment

I've had just about every problem listed on this thread,(not the jumping/change wepon one though) I plan on un-installing then re-installing but I'm wondering if BF:SF will work after BF2 is un/reinstalled or if I have to uninstall both then reinstall both then patch 1.4 full or un/reinstall BF2 then full patch then install SF. Any insight on that would be much appreciated.

Also, like many others my FPS dropped badly after the patch, would un/reinstalling full 1.4 help that any?

Comment

server browser doesnt update servers when u click on them. u 1st have to click on a server next to it, than back again

Comment

just updated to 1.4 and unfortunately I cant play online because im at a stupid hotel and the server here sucks but I did play single player mode. The first map I played was jalalajboda or what ever the hell it was called and it ran fine except the textures even set to med were crap for some reason just on that map. AI seemed a bit harder on this map than other maps but then I noticed on the other maps AI got dumber. AI couldnt hit me in a tank or any other armore unless it was close..it kept shooting at the ground infront of him..easy kill lol. Anyone else having this issue?

Comment

Indian, I'm sending you a PM. I found a BIG one. I sent a PM to Protagonist over on the EA forums, but the more that are in power that know about it, the better. This one will require a hotfix ASAP, as if discovered by the general public, will destroy the game until the fix is done.

Comment

I went from 1.3-1.4

So far, good points for me:

Seems to load quicker
                        Less problems when joining a server/round ends (bye bye lag)
                        No vehicle drops on buildings

Bad Points:
                        Crashing to desk top more than before (However at least my ram doesnt hog up like before while it crashes)
                        Has anyone else noticed the lag on the "scan" while playing as commandor?
                        Some of the "uav's" dont show if there friendly or not, where does the nice coloured "uav" text keep going?

Comment

Just in case somebody else has this issue:-

I had some really crappy lag - even though FPS looked OK and ping was OK. But after much swearing and tantrums, here's how I solved my problem:-

Installed 1.4
                          Went online - crappy lag...... ( :hmm: )
                          Re-installed Graphics Card driver (actually used latest drivers from Nvidia website).
                          Cleaned BF video cache
                          Played a locally hosted game to optimise local BF2 video cache.
                          Went online and 'hey presto' game now runs smooth. ( )

Hope this helps peeps.

Comment

The "Zombie" bug is still there. I've seen it many times, both yesterday and today. It doesn't really effect gameplay though, so who cares

Something weird happened tonight when I took a screenshot. I got the Blue Screen Of Death. Right before that, BF2's graphics went all looney. I took a picture of it from my mobile phone.

Comment

my new problem...when i try 2 play bf2...bf2 special forces...poe2...everytime i try 2 join any server i ctd...tried several times...several servers.....and since i cant install the 1.4 patch...doesnt look like i can play any form of bf2

Comment

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
                                New bug people havn't reported:

I was in a server last night with my clan. We noticed that very often, tanks show no firing when firing. IE....the tank will sit there, move back slightly....then the target tank will bump backwards a bit. In reality, the tank fired...which caused the rockback...and the target tank got hit...causing it to bump back slightly.

Visually, no exploisions or tank shells were seen. The tanks simply appeared to move backwards.

We shot 50 shells and we could only see about 20 of those shots. We all saw the same thing.

thats not new, Ive been seeing that for months

Comment

Working...
                                X