Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

In 1.3 my VOIP worked great, as of 1.4 my VOIP doesn't work anymore. My ping rate hasd also seamed to have increased, now there's only a very small amount of servers I can play on, and yes a few CTDs experienced so far.

Just as a side note I installed the 1.4 full patch on top of BF2 w/1.3, saw the above problems starting, removed/reinstalled BF2 with 1.4 full patch. Didn't fix my problems.
    My systems spec's;
    DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert (BIOS 04/06)
    AMD Athlon 64 FX-60
    Evercool VC-RE Chipset Cooler
    OCZ Titanium 2GB (2 x 1GB)OCZ4002048ELDCTE-K
    (1) XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 M520
    Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP
    SATA: 1 WD Raptor 150, 4 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10
    NEC ND3500A 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer
    OCZ GameXStream 700W
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
    Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Comment

5 CTD'S in a row I cant even be bother to try again guess dice's plan has worked make bf2 unplayable and every one will move to 2142....Come on indian scout tell them this is not aceptable I mean what they hell are dice canada up to, its quite pointless to try and be constructive about anything when they never listen and more importantly couldnt give a damn.:cry:

Comment

favorites list still dissapears when you click refresh and you cant click on a server on the big list or favorites to refresh more than once

Comment

Right, so first I have problems starting the game a second time. I can run the game fine after it's run fresh, then the second time I wish to run it during the same logon session for windows, the BF2 splash screen shows up briefly, then disappears. After exiting BF2 the first time I get a window's sound error, the ones associated with fatal errors, and get this in my event log:
          Faulting application bf2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ~df394b.tmp, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00088c9c.
          Not only that, but after reinstalling the entire game (The install time, by the way, is absurd and painfully slow for both game and patches!) and installing the full 1.4 patch, now I get a "CD Key is invalid" message when connecting to a server.

I've purchased the game legally, and I've played it for a long time without any problems. Well, except when trying to patch it to 1.3.

And don't you try to tell me I put the CD key in wrong when installing it..If the CD key doesn't match my friggin' CD, it should not continue installing. Tell me it's wrong, so I don't have to go back and fix the damn thing later!

So pretty much, unless someone can explain how to fix it, I'm through with fixing a game that should be fixed to begin with.

Why should I spend my money so I can waste my time on fixing their game, which should cause as little conflict as possible when trying to patch the damn thing?!

Comment

lik everyone else i too downloaded the 1.4 patch.
            BUT! wen i start it n click "next" n starts actually loading (showing percentage left) its automatically says an ERROR: Pathc Failed. I asked a few freinds that r BF2 experts n say "check ur task manager" i do, n guess wat i find that its running twice AND has a BF2.exe running also. SO i end those w/ the lowest usage AND the BF2.exe. It runs but then...............(DUN)....ERROR: Patch Failed.
            !@#$!@$#!@ I TRIED EVRYTHING FROM REINSTALLING BF2 N PATCH BUT STIL GIVS ME THE SAME !@# PROBLEM!

so ye that MY problem plz help

Comment

My game ran fine with 1.3 besides the ocasional CTD. Now with 1.4 pings are through the roof and the lag makes the game unplayable. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling entire game and patches. When I log in a sever and play my guy stutters around and is not smooth at all. It is not my system specs it is the 1.4 patch as everything was working fine a few days ago. Also the server list loads REALLY slow with all servers showing a ping of 1000+ until I click on them and it shows the real ping of the usual 90-120.

Comment

i installed the 1.4 FULL last night, went to work this morning, and when i came home, i found my ping to have jumped in all servers, and i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else???? i used to frequent between 30 and 80, but now im averageing 150-200.... THIS IS RETARDED!!!!!!!!!! i cant play like this, and i was wondering if anyone else could help!!? please.......

Comment

I've been playing with the patch since a few hours after its release, and I can't report a problem with it. I know there are complaints of server crashes, however, I've been ping-ing servers for several weeks now, due to a problem I have with Comcast's gaming cable service, and have noticed an overall bad ping rate regionally, mainly in the Southeast U.S., including Texas, but occassionally in the Midwest, mainly Chicago.

I did shoot a teammate. I was aiming at a red tag, and got a teamkill. But, I have to say the action was rather close, and confusing, so I can't say for sure it was the red tag bug. It may have been an errant "bullet".

As I said before, I've been regularly running a ping monitor on various servers, so I've been paying particularly close attention to this, and I've noticed a drop in the times I've lost my connection, and no servers I've played on have crashed. This was happening rather frequently early this week, and during the two weeks before.

I haven't noticed the tank firing thing, nor have I seen any mislabeling of control points. I have experienced not being able to join clans on certain servers, as well as coming in without unlocks available with 1.3, but not with the patch thus far.

On another matter regarding bugs
                  I'm going to type this out one more time, but it's going to be the last. (I've typed this in many forums already.) When I command, when a new map loads after the previous second (or third) round, I appear on the new map frozen, locked, immobile...mouse movements work, gun up and down, rotating. However, I'm otherwise frozen, unable to move up, or down, side to side, forward or backward. I've heard others complain of this, as well. It seems to happen when I'm in the command screen as the round ends, but I can't say for certain. It's always after a round, after all the reloading, and difficult to recall.

I have made it a point to pull out of the command screen when the ticket bleed is around 4 to 5, and move about. I didn't do that (with the 1.4 patch) and froze again. I know this wasn't addressed by the patch, but since someone affiliated with that end of this operation will read these posts, I'd appreciate it if someone took notice of this.

Thanks for askin'.

Comment

That freezing happened to me as well. I thought it was my keyboard, so I unplugged it and replugged it in, and seemed to be fine. Only happened on Jalalabad and Karkand IO.

Comment

they said that they would make a delay from prone to crouch but i can still dolphin dive.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                        OK...

No CTD and "Server Crashes" for me. Played for a few hours tonight. Although there is a pretty big problem. Sometimes when a new round starts, you can't form squads. I kept disconnecting and reconnecting to see if it would fix the problem, but it simply would not work. Makes the game rather difficult to enjoy.

this is not a new problem for me. i've had this since the last patch. cant form squads, cant join squads. and if by some chance i get into a squad after some time i find that i am no longer a part of the squad. i has been quite annoying as i enjoy team play.

Comment

Sniping on Jalalabad today, Everytime I reloaded it would reload twice, then after each reload i would zoom in and the scope would mess-up.....

Comment

AT rockets still go through things half the time, IE Jeeps, helicoptors...Quite annoying, and I'm not sure why this problem is still in the game as I think it's been known for quite some time. Dolphin diving, bunny hopping - still there. Also, of course, THE J10!

Comment

I had no problems installing patch and no CTD. But my server which is 64 man ranked crashes. We spend time filling it then the server runs smooth and fine and then all of a sudden it crashes evweryone is gone. The box is from insomnia365 out of dallas,TX. What can I do to fix this? Is this a host problem or another patch problem, also it did the same thing with 1.3 patch. Any suggestions or email welcomed thanks!!

Comment

when playing gulph of omen you still lock on the burning oil well
                                also the red blue bug
                                the rank weapons bug is still their

Comment

Working...
                                X