Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Originally posted by Biron23
    Hey guys, just new here, I look through pretty much every problem to fix the crash to desktops. I have a really new system so there's not much info in relation to systems like mine having this problem, and help would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes it lets me play for five minutes, othertimes it lets me play for a few rounds, same result, crash to desktop.

Here are my pc specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo e6600 @ 2.4ghz
    eVGA 7950GT 256mb PCIe Video Card
    1gb Geil DDR2 800 Dual Channel Ram
    Asus P5N-E SLI Mainboard
    UltraX X-Connect True 500w Power Supply 34a Rated Modular Power Supply
    Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 Processor Fan
    Dual 36gb Raptor 10000rpm SATA Harddrives Running RAID 0
    300gb Maxtor SATA Harddrive 7200rpm Storage Hard Drive
    Soundblaster Live 24bit Sound Card
    Lite-On 52x CDRW
    Lite-On 18x DVDRW

System is not overclocked at all

Running Windows XP Pro SP2 Fully Updated

I have freshly formatted this system 2-3 times already, installing only necessary updates, drivers, and bf2, same result. BF2 Deluxe is installed off the five cd's, then the 1.41 Full Patch is applied.

Video Drivers I'm using are NVidia's Forceware 91.47 because this is the newest drivers that support my card, none of the new versions do which I think is retarded but ok, lol.

I heard NVidia's NForce IDE SW Driver causes conflicts so I tried not installing that as well and using Windows default dual channel ide driver, same result.

I tried running pretty much every resolution in the game and all the settings on low even with dynamic lighting and shadows turned off, same result.

There is no anti-virus software installed, firewall, spyware, or emulation software.

I monitored the system temperatures, and they are running below stock specs so heat is not an issue, but just to make sure I removed both sides of the tower, still same result :S

My Power supply is more than sufficient for power, so power issue is eliminated.

I Ram mem test on my ram and it never failed a test, so memory leak is elimiinated.

I read a lot about dual core issues with the AMD and I'm not sure if it's the same with the core 2 duo's, so I even tried setting it to run on the 2nd core only, but same result.

I tried using the onboard sound and removing the soundblaster, same result.

I tried stress testing the system with various benchmarks and tests, not one crash at all, it's only bf2 that's causing the problems.

If anyone can help me out with anything else that this may be it would be greatly appreciated. I tried various drivers for all my devices, still with no luck. I'm not sure if one of my parts just don't like battlefield or not, but any insight in to this would help a lot. Thanks.

OK, I think I figured it out, had it running for an hour or so, no crashes yet, here's what I changed.

BIOS

Advanced

CPU Configuration

Virtualization Technology - Disabled
    Enhanced Intel SpeedStep(tm) Tech - Disabled

I'll play some more and report back if it continues to do so, but looks good so far, hopefully this will help anyone with the same sorta issues.

OK same thing after, about 1 1/2 hours, back to the same crash to desktop

I'd say that was your power supply or memory timings not quite set correctly.
    Can you run SP2004 for 8 hours with no errors, what about super_pi 32m test?

Them ultra-X psus are.. turd.

Ya can't just say "oh it's 500w, it's more than enough". You have to test it with a digital multimeter while it is at full load to be as certain as you seem to be.

Comment

I'm running Vista Ultimate, and BF2 is crashing out on me. There is no error message, but it displays the splash screen, the screen goes black, it messes with the resolution, and the game crashes. This is odd because 2142 runs fine! I have directx installed, the latest video card, sound card, etc drivers, but it just doesn't run. I've tried it in multiple os compatibility modes and none work. I've also tried to run BF2 patched and unpatched, and both do the same thing.

Specs (yeah I know it sucks):

Athlon XP 2400+
      768 MB RAM
      ATI 9600 XT 256
      SB Live! 24 bit 7.1
      Plextor Dvd-+R/RW

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by rootincarnate
        I'm running Vista Ultimate, and BF2 is crashing out on me. There is no error message, but it displays the splash screen, the screen goes black, it messes with the resolution, and the game crashes. This is odd because 2142 runs fine! I have directx installed, the latest video card, sound card, etc drivers, but it just doesn't run. I've tried it in multiple os compatibility modes and none work. I've also tried to run BF2 patched and unpatched, and both do the same thing.

Specs (yeah I know it sucks):

Athlon XP 2400+
        768 MB RAM
        ATI 9600 XT 256
        SB Live! 24 bit 7.1
        Plextor Dvd-+R/RW

Thanks for the help!
        yes thats why i m not getting vista because XP owns and it takes up less of your pc ( processor can be going to use on bf2 )

Originally posted by SpyingDad
        Quick questons about 1.41 patch I have downloaded it and saved it into a file then ran it was I suposed to extract it into a folder instead?

erm when i got the new patch i just ran it i didnt have to put it anywhere:hmm:

Comment

Trying to reinstall BF2 after a fairly long time away playing other stuff.

No matter what I do I can't get the 1.41 patch to actually patch. It fails around 18%.

At the moment I'm on my third install and I'm trying to patch up to 1.3 and then use the 1.3 to 1.4 incremental patch. Is there a patch for 1.4 - 1.41?

Wasted an hour or so on this /grumble grumble.

Comment

I give up. This game doesn't want to be re-installed. No idea how the feck they can make this the chore that it is but hats off to them!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonthebrit
              Trying to reinstall BF2 after a fairly long time away playing other stuff.

No matter what I do I can't get the 1.41 patch to actually patch. It fails around 18%.

At the moment I'm on my third install and I'm trying to patch up to 1.3 and then use the 1.3 to 1.4 incremental patch. Is there a patch for 1.4 - 1.41?

Wasted an hour or so on this /grumble grumble.
              Hey, you might want to try 1.41 full if you haven't already. It may be a long shot, but I know people have had issues in the past when using incremental patches.

Comment

Hi All,

So after a week of trying to patch to 1.41 and constantly failing, I think I've tracked it down to the faulty extraction of the Patch.rtp file.

Does anyone have this lying around and can mail it to me at shappiralim@hotmail.com?

Thanks,
                Shapps

Comment

anyone know how to check the version. if i installed my copy on another computer could i just download 1.41 and install that.

oh ya is 1.41 an incremental or can i just install it to a freshly installed bf2

Comment

I get a "connection lost" even though I'm still connected to the internet. I also get kicked from servers and a message from punkbuster saying I'm kicked because of teamkilling, the thing is I get this the second I enter the server, meaning I don't teamkill and barely have a chance to move...

Comment

Working...
                    X