Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

everytime i try to play it wont let me connect 2 a server, it just says conection to server lost or something like that, can anyone help me with this problem

Comment

Check that your firewall is not blocking BF2. Also check that the ports needed by BF2 are not blocked.

Comment

BF2 crashes to desktop everytime I click the "join game" button in 2 situations:

1. When trying to luanch a "create server" game
        2. When trying to launch a SP game.

This has happend with 1.4(0) as well.

I really don't wanna reinstall everything, cuz I don't really remember all the (necessary) tweaks I have made, and besides it will take hours which I really don't have.

A quick fix would be greatly welcome.

Comment

I installed BF2 on my parents computer with patch v1.41 and BF2 only successfully opens once a while. I've tried re-installing, but it keeps crashing no matter what I do.

Any ideas?

Comment

From reading a lot of different forums on this subject I believe the crashing problem has many different causes. The main one seems to be that your CPU has become over loaded. When this happens your CPU will close unneeded programs to prevent over-heating. Another problem that happens, almost as much, is packet loss. If the server that you are on does several scans for cheats on your computer, you do know they do this right, and your packet count is already low you will loose your connection. You can tell when this happens because you will get some weird lag, frame rate loss, and the lost connection error message.
            With out knowing all the details, hardware, software, of each and everyones computer I can only tell you the things that I did to my computer. By the way these things have almost stopped the connection loss for me, unless I play for 6 or more hours at a time, which I do once or twice a month. A simple computer restart usually makes things work again.
            First I checked my BF2 cache files and regularly, every week or two, empty these out. Second I will empty the video cache files once a month. FYI there are two seperate sets of cache files, associated with this problem, that need to be emptied. The first are server logos that are stored on your computer, for fast retrivel and updated while BF2 is running. When you go on a server these will come from that server and takes about 1 second to load. The second cache is your in game video settings and these can develope problems from time to time. After deleating the video cache I usually go onto an empty server and while loading the server up the files are updated. You will get a warning message that tells you that your video settings have changed, dont worry they havent changed its just that the cach is empty and needs to be reloaded.
            Ok that was the hard part, for most of the simple crashes. Next you will want to download and run a program called smart close (link below). This program will close most programs not needed to run your computer and BF2. If you find that it closes some needed programs you can add them to the protected list, I had to add my joystick and mouse drivers. Before I run this program I usually have 56 programs running and after I have 24.
            With all of this done I will tell you what I do to load and play BF2. First I start my computer, an important step as a cold boot insures that the temp. cache is as empty as possible. After it comes up I will run smart close. When smart close is done I will start BF2, select a server and play a few rounds. I hope this helps someone, I know this problem is a Royal pain. . . . . . .Red

http://www.shareup.com/SmartClose-download-29048.html

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
              From reading a lot of different forums on this subject I believe the crashing problem has many different causes. The main one seems to be that your CPU has become over loaded. When this happens your CPU will close unneeded programs to prevent over-heating. Another problem that happens, almost as much, is packet loss. If the server that you are on does several scans for cheats on your computer, you do know they do this right, and your packet count is already low you will loose your connection. You can tell when this happens because you will get some weird lag, frame rate loss, and the lost connection error message.
              With out knowing all the details, hardware, software, of each and everyones computer I can only tell you the things that I did to my computer. By the way these things have almost stopped the connection loss for me, unless I play for 6 or more hours at a time, which I do once or twice a month. A simple computer restart usually makes things work again.
              First I checked my BF2 cache files and regularly, every week or two, empty these out. Second I will empty the video cache files once a month. FYI there are two seperate sets of cache files, associated with this problem, that need to be emptied. The first are server logos that are stored on your computer, for fast retrivel and updated while BF2 is running. When you go on a server these will come from that server and takes about 1 second to load. The second cache is your in game video settings and these can develope problems from time to time. After deleating the video cache I usually go onto an empty server and while loading the server up the files are updated. You will get a warning message that tells you that your video settings have changed, dont worry they havent changed its just that the cach is empty and needs to be reloaded.
              Ok that was the hard part, for most of the simple crashes. Next you will want to download and run a program called smart close (link below). This program will close most programs not needed to run your computer and BF2. If you find that it closes some needed programs you can add them to the protected list, I had to add my joystick and mouse drivers. Before I run this program I usually have 56 programs running and after I have 24.
              With all of this done I will tell you what I do to load and play BF2. First I start my computer, an important step as a cold boot insures that the temp. cache is as empty as possible. After it comes up I will run smart close. When smart close is done I will start BF2, select a server and play a few rounds. I hope this helps someone, I know this problem is a Royal pain. . . . . . .Red

http://www.shareup.com/SmartClose-download-29048.html

thx for the info but i cant even install the patch(1.41)...says i dont have an install folder and when i regedit and try 2 put 1 in there it still doesnt work...so i havent been able 2 play since the 1.4 patch came out

Comment

Ok well I just bought the game and, well, I can play and everything but....I noly have like 5 servers when I put the filters on. When I change one of the filter things like a billion servers popup but I cannot play any of them because of an "old version" error. When I go through gamespy I get the exact same error.

Older Version blah blah blah.

What?? I'm slightly confused....

Is it this whole patch nonsense? I went to download it and it was like an hour and a half....ugh, I guess I can run it when I go to bed, but I also want to make sure its the right patch.

Comment

sweaty, download the 1.41 patch from the battlefield 2 website.

my mouse and keyboard don't work in-game! but they work in the menu! what's going on? (more info in my thread in bug reports)

Comment

ive downloaded patch 1.41 but when I install it will go through untill the end of patching BF2and i get this message Error BF2cdkeycheck has incountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for any inconveniances ,but it will continue on to patch special forces and ive done it 5 times now so what is the problem?

Comment

I have Nvidia GeForce Go 7600... everytime i open the game it goes to a black screen and then exits out, what is the problem????

Comment

I have recently done a full format and reinstall.. I am using the full 1.41 patch update, I run the update.. but when I start BF2 the game is not updated! This is very annoying. I've read through some advice in this thread about it, but so far nothing is workable. At this moment, BF2 is useless for online gaming. I hope EA gets this sorted out.. nothing like getting a game for chirstmas you can't play! (online that is)

Comment

• Re: Help!!!!!!!!! ( I'm tired of loading and reloading BF2)

I played BF2 for quite a few months and had no problems, then I left the internet, because of personal problems for about 8 months. Finally I got back on line about 3 months ago, an reinstalled BF2 with no patches. And no servers showed up in the list, so I started adding each patch, and still no luck, when I got to ver 1.3. I picked up about 35 servers in the list and the played in some of these for a short period of time. Then I moved up to Ver.1.4. picked up about 300+ servers, so I got brave and installed ver,1.41
                          Then I couldn't get on line at all. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled
                          the game again, having the same problem, but worse I cant get any servers
                          any any version at all, unless I go through the exe. play BF2 online now, then I only get one server and it crashes after about 1 and a half games and when I go back to the server screen it empty. I also keep getting the connection problem, any help would be appreciated
                          e-mail mcandme@msn.com

System:
                          AMD Athlon 3000+ 2.17 GHZ 1.00 GB Ram
                          GeForce 6600 with 256 Ram
                          Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs Audio

Comment

I tried to install this patch,since my hard drive is partioned its not finding the right drive to install and won't give me option,so i have to keep canceling it.Now i try to play BF2 and the ea comes up then black screen then back to desktop.I was playing this flawessly on med settings.Now it wont' even really start.

Help!...any ideas or suggestions would appreciated.

Comment

I think if people are having problems, they should provide their system specs along with what Firewall, Anti-Spy, Virus softwear, Virtual anything (SQL Servers and the like) and or any CAD like programs.

This would be helpful in determining if its a computer problem or a game problem.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

If your trying to reinstall the game, after you have uninstalled the game, go to My Computer>C: Drive>EA Games> Battlefield 2> and copy the Profile folder to your desktop (This should save your curent game profile)

Than delete the Battlefield 2 Folder!

After you reinstall the game with patches copy the profile folder back into My Computer>C: Drive>EA Games> Battlefield 2.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

The problems I see are:

1: EA's coding
                              2: PB's Coding
                              3: Softwear on users computers
                              4: Users computers
                              5: Users ISP

Comment

Ok, got the patch downloaded (via FilePlanet) but everytime I try to initiate the install it doubles up on my task manager and it never actually starts. Anyone else have this trouble before?

Re-downloading it from EA, dunno if that will help or not but eh.

edit - Nope no change, still not starting up

edit 2 - Ok now it is...just taking it's sweet time...-.-

Comment

Working...
                                X