Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

i havent been able 2 play since the day the patch came out...cant even install it and the regedit didnt work...cant beleive i hafta play america's army again but at least i can play it

Comment

Originally posted by bob055
      connection lost. i keep getting a lost connection. but i am still connected to the internet and can refresh the server list instantly after being disconnected?
      same here have you found any solutions?

Comment

I see what you're saying, bob. Weeding out where the problem is coming from is unduly complicated, I guess is the bottom line. Until one is straightend out, the other will be .... blameless?

Jeff 7p if you downloaded the patch with the EA downloader, and your ID for EA is different than your in-game ID you'll have to have the downloader tell the account server which of you owns the patch...there's a button in the upper right hand corner of the downloader that helps you do this. It's also addressed with instructions on EA's support site - FAQ

Comment

Been having this problem where my screen goes black. Then comes back a second or two later. Mostly only happends in the 1st 5 minutes I load into my 1st map. I've had 5 CTD's since the new patch.

Comment

What has actually been fixed?

Comment

this game was the biggest waste of money ive ever spent , i should of bought some beer instead that night, now i have a game on my comp that is NO FU***N GOOD, nor can you understand anyone at EA Tec. support, I installed 1.4, now i cant connect to my server any of the 20 times ive tryed , that only took two days , im alittle fed up now, someone help me i get connection failed, check network connections! the tec guy was here and said everything was fine ??????????????????????????????????????????????? THIS GAME SUCKS BIG TIME, its fun when you get to play 5% of the time !!!!!

Comment

I posted this in polls by accident at first so I apologize for the double.

I have had about as many CTD with 1.3 and 1.4. Maybe two a week.

Don't know if this is relevent but a clan member has not had CTD ever. He has patched to 1.4. We were talking about improving game performance. I asked him how many cache folders he had. SEVEN. I had read that more than one affects game perfomance. I had him save all cache folders to another folder, deleted the ones from MyDocuments blah blah mods and defraged. Started game and optimized. He had two CTD's in three minutes. He could not play for awile because it would crash. Maybe 5 to 6 in about an hour. Had him delete the new optimized cache file and copy the SEVEN cache files back. No CTD since. He has done only incrementals since the game came out. He has never removed BF2 since it came out and no format. All I could think was HUH.

I did a little serching but cannot find the revelence.

Comment

theres to many stories and problems to type man..lol.

Comment

Ever since installing most recent patch I have had many ctds, but with a difference. Playing multiplayer I have not had a single ctd.
                    Now I occasionally enjoy single player, trying out new tactics, trying out new map etc but everytime i load single player and click to load a map it ctd. This also happens when I attempt to create a local server for me and my brother to play on. CTD when clicking on join/create/load etc. Anyone have an idea why it might be doing this?
                    My system specs are

amd x2 4200
                    2gig ram
                    74gig raptor hd
                    320 sata ii hd
                    two 7900Gts
                    xfi sound card.

Comment

its never working when u try to knife people it realy sucks

Comment

Hello

I d / l 1.4 this morning and since then i have not been able to connect at all.I uninstalled then re-installed BF2 , SF PATCH 1.4 THEN BF2 EF in that exact order TWICE!!
                        I get the following message "failed to connect check internet connection" ?

Anyone with any tips?

Why did EA downloader get rid of the other patches 1.2 - 1.3 ?

Anyone?

Comment

I recently patched to v1.4 using the full install. I checked the patch logs and everything patched correctly except for 'pb\pbcl.dll', which i believe was because i ran pbsetup.exe (from the pb website) to update BF2 PB about 2 days ago.

I have no problems running single player, but now when I try to connect to a multiplayer game it CTDs without any error messages at all. I tried to run the patch a second time and that time it threw a system error running bf2cdkeycheck.exe. I have a legal copy of the game that I have used for the past 10 months with no problems at all.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bmer

Comment

I want my money back !
                            Why ?
                            Swapping teams....
                            these a trouble with your connection...
                            losed connection with server.
                            Dice/Ea...chuuupaaa u never see my money and also i dont preorder a game that i hare 100% sure that not work

Comment

Liminator: unfortunatley that did not work for me, and i still crash at around 15% when loading a map.

Comment

My problem:

Can load the game and see intro movies, but then the screen just goes GREY. Not black. The mouse pointer is the in-game one. Anyway, it goes to the grey screen and just doesn't do anything else.

On a side note...

I figured I'd get back into Madden since I can't play this friggin game. So I bought it. Guess what, it doesn't work. I can't believe I bought another EA title. Fool me once...

Comment

Working...
                                X