Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
    New bug people havn't reported:

I was in a server last night with my clan. We noticed that very often, tanks show no firing when firing. IE....the tank will sit there, move back slightly....then the target tank will bump backwards a bit. In reality, the tank fired...which caused the rockback...and the target tank got hit...causing it to bump back slightly.

Visually, no exploisions or tank shells were seen. The tanks simply appeared to move backwards.

We shot 50 shells and we could only see about 20 of those shots. We all saw the same thing.

I have seen this one too, it's a regular glitch.

Comment

when you are the U S side and flying the jet you could lock on your own black hawks i have noticed alot on gulf of oman

Comment

Guys, i have a problem, I installed patch 1.4 on my computer ( it took a while )
        then i restarted computer, ran the game, the screen went black then the program f***ed me back to desktop. before installing new patch i freshly cracked the game....

can someone tell me what is the problem?

Comment

Ever since the patch I have been getting a studder every couple of minutes. Everything will be playing just fine then I get about 2 seconds of screen freeze. Anyone having this problem? I'm kind of at a loss about how I would fix it so any ideas would be appreciated.

Comment

I can't even play the game now due to the 'Connection to server has been lost' bug. It worked fine for the first few weeks of 1.4, but now it's just happening constantly. All i get is the message "You have lost connection to the server" or something to that effect.

It's pathetic. And i know it is a newly introduced bug/problem with 1.4. because i didn't have this problem at all with any previous patches.

Comment

whats really bad is....i c alot of problems....but not alot of answers

Comment

I meant what I said about the server ping rate deficiencies. Get (freeware) http://www.pingplotter.com Put in the IPs to random servers and look for a signal drop along that string...that's more than likely the problem with server connections. I can't visualize a "connection bug". Just don't make sense.

Comment

Pretty much unplayable now for me, the lag is too much to deal with. Never had a problem with any of the other versions. I've changed all settings to medium and still lag.

AMD 64 3200 socket 939
                  2 Gig OCZ titanium PC-3200 dual channel
                  ATI X 800 XT All in wonder
                  2 120 Gb maxtor 7200 rpm SATA Hd's Raid 0
                  Asus A8v Deluxe

Game settings 1280 X 960
                  everything on medium, I should have no problem running this game smoothly !
                  please revert back to 1.2

Comment

Brilliant! Brilliant!

Comment

• Re: Patch Problems and Crashes here is your thread.

Originally posted by eastcoasthandle
                      For some of you, this may help decrease your CTD problems. It appears that those using AMD are having this issue alot do to DEP. Some have it enabled while others do not. However, XP still has it enabled even though you don't have it enabled in the bois. This can also cause problems. DEP:

DEP: Data Execution Prevention

As you noticed there is hardware (bios enabled) and software (XP enabled) option. Some AMD MBs don't have an option to enable or disable this while Intel MB do. The no-execute page-protection (NX) processor feature as defined by AMD. The Execute Disable Bit (XD) feature as defined by Intel.

In a nut shell if a program/game runs with errors DEP will stop it and return you back to desktop. So if you are experiencing this it's best to add it to the exclusion list and see if this resolved the problem. For some this has helped...

It's best to add this game as an exception to DEP, here is how you do this:

--right click on my computer
                      --select properties
                      --select the advanced tab
                      --select performance options
                      --select the data execution prevention tab
                      --add BF2.exe to the list of exceptions or turn DEP off completly.
                      --reboot
                      OMG I LOVE YOU!

Been playing for 2 hours and not a single hitch.

Comment

Disabling the CPU's DEP will only force XP to use software DEP. To *completely* disable DEP, you need to edit your boot.ini file as such:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINXP="Microso ft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /Execute

Comment

everytime i try to join my account ,after about 3 mins i get a message pop up saying connection failed , try checking network connections , but everything is fine with my internet connection ??????????????????? This is retarted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Let me try this ONE MORE TIME. Here is a ping report on the string of servers I have to use from South Florida to "any game server" elsewhere. As you can see, the signal fires out of my provider (thus my own modem connection) like a bat out of hell, until it hits HOP 12 ("kbn-bb1 -link.telia.net";wherever that is.) Suddenly, the signal degrades to 124, then 141. I've been trying to play ALL day, but have lost my connection every fifteen minutes, that is ONCE I was able to connect at all.

Blaming the patch for this, and I guarantee all of you hook-up to game servers in pretty much the same way...blaming the patch for this is just confusing to yourself, and anyone else not really understanding how your game's signals reach and return from a game server.

I repeat, this "connection" thing isn't the patch. IT IS, however, part of a wider problem with the web...arduous, contorted server connections set-up years ago when the web was new, in need of replacement, BUT NOT BEING DEALT WITH by service providers, because it COSTS MONEY.

Comment

ok.... ive installed 1.4 full , now i fail to connect to my account everytime , dose anyone have any info on how i can play my game again ????

Comment

Originally posted by Astralman
                                Let me try this ONE MORE TIME. Here is a ping report on the string of servers I have to use from South Florida to "any game server" elsewhere. As you can see, the signal fires out of my provider (thus my own modem connection) like a bat out of hell, until it hits HOP 12 ("kbn-bb1 -link.telia.net";wherever that is.) Suddenly, the signal degrades to 124, then 141. I've been trying to play ALL day, but have lost my connection every fifteen minutes, that is ONCE I was able to connect at all.

Blaming the patch for this, and I guarantee all of you hook-up to game servers in pretty much the same way...blaming the patch for this is just confusing to yourself, and anyone else not really understanding how your game's signals reach and return from a game server.

I repeat, this "connection" thing isn't the patch. IT IS, however, part of a wider problem with the web...arduous, contorted server connections set-up years ago when the web was new, in need of replacement, BUT NOT BEING DEALT WITH by service providers, because it COSTS MONEY.

considering that the ip you are pinging is in either norway or the netherlands (so is hop 12), i would say you are doing pretty good.

while i do partially agree with your statements about the net you also need to add all the malicious code and spam that is out there. personally i get 50+ spam messages per day that my filters don't catch. multiply this by the millions that are online and i would say that is a pretty big dent in the bandwidth.

i do use pingplotter and it has helped me out with my isp, after enough calls i was routed differently through their routers and usually get a nice ping to the west coast servers - i am in az.

the problem i see now with the newer patches is that i will ping plot a server and it will be ~50ms - really good, i will jump in the game and peridically check the ping and it will show 30-60ms, again excellent - but my machine will still stutter and lag even on medium settings @ 1280x1024. as you can see my rig in sig should have no problem gaming at those specs, but sometimes it does. i can understand and issue every now and then, but since the 1.4 patch it seems to be more now than then. spyware/malware/viruses have been ruled out and i run a machine with less than 40srvs running and idle around 240MB.

Comment

Working...
                                X