Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanks for killing an unique part of the game!

Originally posted by HowieMandel
    Trust me on this.

It is far, far better for the noobs, as you say, to be calling the shots, then the jump up, prone, spam, kill, macro kiddies.

Besides, Dice didnt ruin the game. YOU CLANS DID, by constant game bending, game mechanics altering, gotta do whatever i can do, to win, that isnt or wasnt even meant to be.

Dice said, they NEVER INTENDED SQUAD HOPPING. Yet who perfected this lame, game mechanics altering deal? Clans did, to try to get a one up on the competition. Forget using the real game to win, you guys always gotta find that thing, that wasnt even meant to happen in the game...........why?
    To get the one up. TO go as close to cheating as you possibly can, without doing so, and getting punkbusted.
    Macros, Binds, Getting into building, bunny hopping, prone slamming, your average, NOOB as you call it, dont do these ***King things. They want to just play the damn game. But you guys come along, and kill fun after fun, with you in competition lameness, that we dont even want to learn. WE dont want no part of it. So the NOOBS, gotta friggen whine to get something nerfed, what YOU GUYS are attempting to do. I mean get with it.
    ALot of you guys are ****ed off with the way the game is going, and how DICE has been changing it, and changing with patch after patch. But you know what...........its not from the nooobs. Its from you guys out there, using every stupid lame tactic in the book. So there you go. I dont care if you like my opinion or not. But it seems pretty logical no?
    Dude, don't even start that same old ******** all over again!

I.e. squad hopping: I even used it in the demo - before the game was released - because it increased the game speed and i never ever was in a clan or something similar. If you really needed either nearly a year or a forum to figure it out you should blame your parents for bad DNA instead some imaginary claner sitting all day around to figure the newest 'exploits' out to 'pawnz0r teh n00b'!

Regardless of what DICE says it's no 'exploit' becaues one can do it by using the menu and everyone can do it while no one is forced to do it.

Further i thought the demo / the game as it was released was what DICE intended, not cartillery on snipers... If i had known that i would have never bought the game!

Even further the whole discussion about squad hopping being an 'exploit' started only AFTER that patch change list picture leaked.

So - IMHO - it's unacceptable to take it out BUT i can understand that some people don't like it. Therefore it should be a server side option so everyone is happy.

Regarding the rest of your 'post', that only clans brought the dolphin diving, house glitching, prone spamming, c4 chucking, n00b tubing, ... to the public theres no need to say something as this is just plain ******** too.

Comment

See the thing is with BF2 the BF series went mainstream...People that didnt even know what an FPS was picked up this game because of, well, how badass it looked...People that hated FPS got this game, well, because how badass it looked...

Then they got the game and started playing, ooo they got an unlock...but wait the unlock didn’t instantly make them UBER crazy...so they got peved... They couldn’t get a team to work together in the BH (we all know it took a team) so they got peved that some people could do it...bam NERF it...

This goes on and on... I was ecstatic at first seeing how I would actually get rewarded for being a Transport Chopper pilot (unlike BFV)...but no that couldn’t be and they had to nerf the BH...

Then ranking system should have never kept a K/D ration once it did this people saw they got killed a lot....No one wants that because it makes them look bad so instead of getting better and adapting they wanted DICE to nerf everything that made the game challenging...

The BF2 we have today is nothing like the BF2 released over a year ago nor is it anything like any other BF....I personally am starting to focus more on playing custom maps, mods, and making movies then dealing with the asshatery that is ranked BF2....

That’s my cents take it as is...Live long and prosper or some shyte

I mean check out this lil short on the Operation BlackHawk Down Map

Comment

Good retort.
        Never said all clans, however i was alittle general, and could see how you mistaken my statement.

Comment

Was anyone really complaining about squad hopping? Was that a bigger issue than the red tag bug or performance problems? Please. Clans haven't ruined anything, Dice has. Have you noticed how this forum used to have reasonable complaints? Now we have to deal with stupid crap that they changed in the game that has only made the game worse. No one asked for these changes.

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
            I cannot understand, why people want to play the battlefield series of games, which has always been the full mix of the battlefield wepons, that being to include vehicles, it has never been infantry/armor/air only,
            coral sea and that other map from bf1942 which was tanks only. . . .

Comment

If anything clans have brought BF2 to us and made the BF series what it is...

The community is what has made this game, they hoped on back in BF42 made desert combat (which basically spawned BF2)....So if anything Clans and communities help this game, it's the whine little johnny that got upset cuz you stole his crayola and then he tossed his food all over the floor then flung himself to said floor and began having a tantrum, that is what has ruined this game....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey

Then they got the game and started playing, ooo they got an unlock...but wait the unlock didn’t instantly make them UBER crazy...so they got ****ed... They couldn’t get a team to work together in the BH (we all know it took a team) so they got ****ed that some people could do it...bam NERF
                Very intresting. YOu mention blackhawk. You never was a good chopper pilot in the other transport chopper? Hmmm ironic no?

The OLD blackhawk, was so easy to get major points in.......it was kinda funny. Sad, but funny. It had more armor then a tank had. Its guns could kill an enemy soldier, even if it hit 10 feet away. I could cap a flag within 3 seconds. Everyone got ammo points from the med whores tossing them out. Everyone got ammo points from the support whore....the engies were wrenching the whole game.......points. And when it got near a friendly tank by accident that need repair........again.....points.
                So dude let me tell you this straight up.

You can still own in a blackhawk, today. But heres the catch. YOU ACTUALLY NEED TEAMWORK to do so. People gotta work it. The old BH you speak of.....i mean a rider in it could get 100 points, for simply riding in it.
                Come on now.......
                The blackhawk is now a harder thing to use........and you run away from it.
                Thats lame.
                If you were truely skilled (and i hate that word, really i do) then you would do, what all these anti nerf guys say................ adapt.

Comment

The community is what has made this game, they hoped on back in BF42 made desert combat (which basically spawned BF2)....So if anything Clans and communities help this game, it's the whine little johnny that got upset cuz you stole his crayola and then he tossed his food all over the floor then flung himself to said floor and began having a tantrum, that is what has ruined this game....
                  DICE made all the decisions and all the changes
                  Place the blame where it belongs

Comment

I wont argue.

But all the whiners or folks you call whiiners, are community too.
                    For a few years all i did was pub. I had no idea about exploits, hacks, macros, and all that stuff. No clue. Nothing.
                    It was ONLY after joining a clan, did i find out all this stuff. And when it was shared.........im talking wild, wild things here, i simply scratched my head and said......ahhhhh so thats how they did that.
                    Thats just my deal. I never knew of anything really, bad to do in game. But after joining a clan................wow.
                    which is why i dont clan anymore. I found that most of the bad crap spews from them. Sorry. My opinion. And i dont falter anyone being in a clan, or disagreeing with me.

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                      You mention exploits.........then in the same breath mention how whenyou take away exploits, the game gets too easy. WHen if you step back and see the big picture........by taking away the exploits, the game gets, quite the opposite........it gets harder .........
                      I have raked up plenty of hours. Infact if you combine all my accounts, i would have something like 60k global points and over 600 hours played. Ok not as much as some people, but i have played more BF2 than any other game...ever. Considering I only started playing BF2 in January, it's been something like 3 hours a day....which is alot imo.

Alot of fun things were taken out. Things were taken out which were interesting to use/make videos with oposed to giving you an advantage. Now it's just noobs running around with pkm's, greanade nading, claymores, with the occasional flag being captured. I see very little team work still.

The game isn't harder, for me anyway. I have adapted to the changes and use an assault gun in most rounds. The game is certainly easier for the new players, however BF2 is one dimensional now. It's boring, compared to what it was like before all the patches.

Comment

Whatsup with everyone mentioning Macro's and the G-15...its not hard to press jump>z>crouch.

Nice post baroque, im like minded on the subject. BF2 had it's own little thing goin on...especially with squad hopping, that was a definite "new" feature brought to online gaming. Ah well....noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by P_Static_2
                          Whatsup with everyone mentioning Macro's and the G-15...its not hard to press jump>z>crouch.

Nice post baroque, im like minded on the subject. BF2 had it's own little thing goin on...especially with squad hopping, that was a definite "new" feature brought to online gaming. Ah well....noobs.
                          Yeah, its nothing common with macros, and its so obvious when you see people use it. People are talking way tpo bad about it, the majority of proners are definately doing it manually, so why bring it to the main argue, people?

ANd yeah agreeing, squadjumping was something unique and somehow a revolution, but they removed it for no reason.

Comment

I don't give a **** who started ruining the game, pubers, clans, me, you, EA, DICE, Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck...

Fact is that DICE makes the changes and this game is not the game i bought a year ago (although it has the same bugs ). While i'm glad that some stuff is gone (i.e. the n00b tube and the Black Hawk - although i had my share of fun with it) i'm missing some other stuff (i.e. squad hopping / cycling and being able to throw C4 over a fence or wall).

So the point is: several 'funny' (depending on the point of view) things vanished from the game because DICE listened to some whiners (in fact this is the only game that i ever saw so drastically adapted). BUT instead of making all the stuff some server side option (although perhaps it isn't possible for 10% of the flaws) so everyone could be happy the force us all to play together.

This results only in more whining: the 'n00bz' because something wasn't nerfed enough and the 'pros' because something was nerfed too much. Then the 'circle of hell' starts all over again resulting in an even crappier game (like a dog chasing his own tail).

So the solution is: make all that 'improvements' a server side setting.

Comment

During any Live development, glitches, exploits, and cheats are removed from the game's mechanics.

People who enjoy those aspects get mad.

It's just a fact of gaming.

I don't agree with all the calls that Dice have made (I'd rather have seen the Skycow ramped up to the level of the old Blackhawk, than the way they nerfed it, for example), but crying about how noobs ruined the game by refusing to adapt while refusing to adapt is kinda like shooting yourself in the foot then wailing about it.

FYI, yes, EA really does care more about "noobs" and casual gamers than hardcores. Why? That should be obvious. There's more of 'em. Aside from that meaning more sales, playing to the casual gamer crowd makes more people happy.

No hardcore gamer focused project has ever survived in the market.

Comment

Is BF2 so bad thats unbareable to play? I can see what everyone dislikes about it, but those things shouldnt get in the way of a good game of BF2. I share your hate for those glitchs and exploits. Whenever I look back on how many good games, I've had to bad games (involving the "noobs"), the gg overrule the bad. If u want EA to fix specifics, then come together and complain, email them or send a letter. I'm not going to worry. I stay to the same ranked servers all the time, allowing me to have some fun with one of the best fps out there (I've played worse). In due time, I will probably hate it as much as u do.

Comment

Working...
                                X